Tutorial How To Flash Xiaomi.eu Rom [tutorial]

Yes you can install the weekly over the stable with preferably only a cache wipe.
PS make for security reasons always a TWRP backup prior to flashing.
Going back to an older stable version might require a system and or data wipe before flashing as the older stable system files might be incompatible with the weekly updates.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi Note 2 met Tapatalk
Thanks a lot @hblek , I'll keep those points in mind.

excuse me, i want to know about he wipe in the new twrp there is Data, Dalvik/Cache and Cache. do i check all 3 of them?

excuse me, i want to know about he wipe in the new twrp there is Data, Dalvik/Cache and Cache. do i check all 3 of them?
Wiping cache and Dalvik/Art cache is never a problem and is reccomemded to be done always, but as it simply clears the working cache. The cache is only a last stage of the last status of aps to allow quick reopening. If not available the system has to reopen the app from scratch. Loading of incorrect ca he data can prevent errors. For this reason it is always reccomemded to clear the cache and Dalvic/Art cache after flashing.
Wiping data might be only required after restoring an older version of the OS. Wiping data will the OS return to factory settings.

Wiping of system is only required in case of installation of complete new rooms. Wiping of system during OTA update will result in a soft brick or bootloop.

Wiping of manufacturer data should never be done. This will remove all drivers and imei.

Wiping cache after OTA update is normally not required. Wiping cache however is always reccomended. The only drawback is that a restart takes a little. More time.

thank you for the complete info
i have another question, after i read people say it best use dev 9 8.1.24 for mi5 but i want to install the latest stable 10.0.2.1.0 and i have base china stable latest 10.0.2.1.0
is there any difference if i use the latest china stable or china dev 9 8.1.24 as base?

Hi Andar.
You can unlock your bootloader install TWRP and install the desired rom version with TWRP. If you downgrade the rom version with an older version you have to wipe the data section. If you forget this it might result in a soft brick/bootloop. If this happens, you can don't bother. The Return to recovery and you can still do the data wipe. Take into consideration that you loose all data.
If you havto keep any data, you have to backup it manually and store it to your sd, an external medium via an USB otg cable or to your computer.
When you go from a standard miu version the data section is encrypted. Some. TWRP versions support decription. If not you have to wipe your data also. Xiaomi.eu roms are not encriped.

Reactions: vanDon
I'm just a couple of hours away from passing the 360 hours waiting period.

Is it safe trying to unlock the device a couple of minutes after the 360 hours waiting period? Or is it recommended to wait a couple of hours or even days longer just to be on the safe side?

Further, will the waiting period be extended if I try unlocking my device by mistake before the 360 hours period has expired?

Hi I'm brand new on this. I have a REdmi 6Pro with the china ROM. Now it is unlocked. How must I proceed from that point to install the global ROM?
I'm stucked on that point.
Thnx

Hi I'm brand new on this. I have a REdmi 6Pro with the china ROM. Now it is unlocked. How must I proceed from that point to install the global ROM?
I'm stucked on that point.
Thnx

Hi mate,

Download the ROM you want to flash. Even if there MIUI 10 available, I still recomment to go with MIUI 9.5
Download TWRP recovery (link). Mentioned link is only for Xiaomi Redmi6 Pro! A file 'twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img' will be downloaded - this is a custom recovery for your device.
Install Minimal ADB+Fastboot Drivers (search in Google or PM me, I can send you the file).
Copy previously downloaded 'twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img' file into the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot' folder.
Switch off phone.
On turned off phone hold Power + Volume Down to boot into fastboot mode.
Connect phone to PC with USB cable.
Inside the folder where TWRP file is present, open command prompt window.
Type "fastboot devices". Your phone will get detected with serial number.
Type "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img". TWRP will get flashed on your device.
Once finished, type "adb reboot recovery" - phone will be rebooted and TWRP recovery will be loaded.
On the Phone navigate to Mount menu and hit "Enable MTP" - your device will now appear in your PC.
On your PC navigate to your device and copy ROM file into device's memory root folder (not SD card).
On the phone you are still inside Mount menu - check "system" so the system partition will get mounted.
Hit Disable MTP so the phone get disconnected from the PC.
Remove USB cable from the phone.
On phone navigate to TWRP main screen. Hit Install and find your copied ROM file. Tap into it and swipe to install.
Phone will get reboot after install finished.
Phone first boot may take up to 15 minutes.

In case after reboot phone will not load or will start rebooting all the time (bootloop), PM me (you possibly will need to install dm-verity disabler, but only in case phone will not boot normally).

Xiaomi.eu and me are not responsible for on any damage.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about this tutorial before flashing!

When you buy/import a Xiaomi device (smartphone or tablet), than you will get official ROM from Xiaomi http://en.miui.com/download.html or vendor/shop ROM from seller. I will show you how you can flash ROM's from xiaomi.eu

First of all, sry for my bad english but I hope this willanyway help someone...
For Windows you need to download adb and fastboot, install it and later you will see, what you need to do. In the Tutorial I show you also, how it works under Linux, the second part. The first part you need to do under Windows, because the Tools from Xiaomi only support Windows.
I did this on Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, with the Redmi Note 3 Pro, Redmi 3 Pro, Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4, Mi Note 2, Mi5, Mi5s, Mi5s Plus, MiMax Pro and more. I know, it sounds sick but I did it also for friends and only for my uncle I bought 6 times the Redmi 4x, so I know what I did and I will help you guys.

1. We need to unlock bootloader first. So take your device, go to settings and than to about device/info
entwicklerfreischalten.png

Click few times on MIUI-Version to unlock the developer mode. MIUI will show you "you are now developer".
Go back and to "more settings", than to "developer mode"
oemunlockmiui.png

Allow OEM unlock and than:
miunlockbootloader.png

Go to "Mi Unlock Status"
geraetverbinden.png

So, you click on register account and device and log in to you MIUI account, not your xiaomi.eu account. You need to set "find my device" and allow anything, what is asking for.
At this moment you need to wait 72h. If you try to unlock your device, it will show:
e.png

This is something new from Xiaomi, I think it start 05/2017.
If you got an account, which don't have permission to unlock a Xiaomi device, go to this site and ask for: http://en.miui.com/unlock/
You can unlock one device in 30 days. If you plan to unlock more, like I did, so create more accounts or you will need to wait 30 days. Sometimes I wait 2 days for the permission to unlock xiaomi devices, sometimes 10-12 days. I can not explain you why, but that my experience.

2. Safe all your data and turn off the device. Hold the volume down button and power button.
It will start and show you just this picture.
fastbootmiui.jpg

Use USB 2.0 (if possible) and connect the device to your Windows PC.
a.png

It will download all driver, which we need to unlock our device. Usually I don't use Windows. I did it on 3 Windows PC's. On some I need to install all Xiaomi Tools and sometimes I need to switch just the USB Port and anything works perfect. No idea why, just want to tell you.
Let the device on the table, don't press anything, just wait and continue with this tutorial.

3. We need Mi Unlock Tool to unlock the device, so go to http://en.miui.com/unlock/ click on unlock and log in with your account. It must be the same account like on your device. Download the Tool, unzip it and run it.
miunlocktoollogin.png

4.png

It will check and after that you will see this
5.png

Click on Unlock and wait
7.png

Wait untill it say's "device unlocked" after that reboot your device. Hold the power button for 20 sec, it will reboot. On some version you can click "reboot device" but if not do it like I sad.
problemswithunlock.png

If you can not connect your device, than you got a problem with the drivers. Reboot, install MI Tools, try it again, change USB cable or port... something is wrong.
Couldn't verify device = you need to flash official ROM, because you got one of this vendor/shop ROM's. I will also create a new thread for this problem, so check it out.

4. Download the ROM which you want to install (flash) and put it on the device.
abcd.png

Don't put it in folders, just on the internal storage, like on this picture.

5. We need to flash a custom recovery, so this will be TWRP. TWRP you can download here:
twrpmiui.png

Just click on DOWNLOAD and find TWRP for your device. Sometimes you will not find TWRP, so you need to wait. Download this file, unzip it and rename the .img file to recovery.img
This file you put in the adb folder on your Windows PC. It need to look like this:
aaa.png

Now open CMD as admin in this folder (hold Shift and right click in the folder)
twrpflashadb.png

First type dir and press enter (1), you need to find a file like in the picture recovery.img (2), boot your device in fastboot mode, like we already did and run fastboot device, it need to look like on the picture (3), than type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (4), it show "OKAY" and "finished", after that boot in TWRP with the command fastboot boot recovery.img (5)
Just wait, sometimes you need to wait up to 2 min, sometimes it start instant.
If you got Linux, it is the same. Install ADB and Fastboot with this commands over terminal:
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb
sudo apt-get install android-tools-fastboot

Open the terminal
twrpoverlinuxxiaomi.png

Linux don't care of the location of TWRP, filename, USB 2.0/3.0 or Type C 3.1, anything works, after you install it with that commands. When I got problems with flashing, I just switch to Linux and have no problems.
Sometimes you will se just chinese font on the first boot. This is not a problem, just use this picture:
twrp-chinesisch-chinese.png

You can see, which button is select language, use it and set it to English, set "never show this screen during boot again" and Swipe to allow modifications. After that you will see this picture:
twrpxiaomimiui.png

If you use TWRP for the first time, you can find videos on YouTube, to see what they do. Don't use CyanogenMod/Lineage OS tutorials for this ROM! It is not the same!
First of all make a backup, so you can go back, EFS backup is anytime good to have. You can also use OTG in TWRP, this is also a better choice, because the files are safe after backup.
After backup you need to wipe.
flashxiaomi.eutwrp.png

Be careful! You will always find some additional information in the main thread, especially when we get a new Android Version, be very careful!
So after that you go to install, choose the files, swipe to install and after that reboot device. That's it! The first boot can take up to 5 min., just wait and if you wanna update the rom, boot to TWRP, go to install, choose the filme and swipe to install.

Fell free to share this, but please be fair and share the source (link to xiaomi.eu is enough).
The pictures are not working

Hi mate,

Download the ROM you want to flash. Even if there MIUI 10 available, I still recomment to go with MIUI 9.5
Download TWRP recovery (link). Mentioned link is only for Xiaomi Redmi6 Pro! A file 'twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img' will be downloaded - this is a custom recovery for your device.
Install Minimal ADB+Fastboot Drivers (search in Google or PM me, I can send you the file).
Copy previously downloaded 'twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img' file into the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot' folder.
Switch off phone.
Type "fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img". TWRP will get flashed on your device.
Once finished, type "adb reboot recovery" - phone will be rebooted and TWRP recovery will be loaded.
On the Phone navigate to Mount menu and hit "Enable MTP" - your device will now appear in your PC.
On your PC navigate to your device and copy ROM file into device's memory root folder (not SD card).
On the phone you are still inside Mount menu - check "system" so the system partition will get mounted.
On phone navigate to TWRP main screen. Hit Install and find your copied ROM file. Tap into it and swipe to install.

In case after reboot phone will not load or will start rebooting all the time (bootloop), PM me (you possibly will need to install dm-verity disabler, but only in case phone will not boot normally).
Hi mate,

Switch off phone.

Do I have to enable dm-verity after successfully switching to eu rom? Is it safe to let it disabled?

Hi! I just purchase an Mi 11 Ultra Chinese version... i want to unlock it, wipe all and install the latest MIUI 12 Stable Xiaomi.eu ROM... where can i found a detailed and updated guide/tutorial (better the video tutorial)? Thanks

Great... thanks a lot!

Ps. If i use this video tutorial.. is the same right?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.