How To Install Custom Recovery After Miui6 Lollipop Flash

cypher

Members
Sep 9, 2012
hi there.
I have installed last 5.5.1 build of MIUI6 based on lollipop 5.0.2.
my previous setup was TWRP 2.8.5.0, no dual-boot configured, running AOSP 4.4.4 kitkat. I performed a NANDroid backup via TWRP and wiped data, then I simply flashed the 5.5.1 build .zip file.
after flash succeeded, I restarted the device and everything is working perfectly.
but if I try to access to TWRP recovery [phone shut down - vol+ and power button pressed] nothing happens. the phone lights up the display and mi logo is permantenly there.

so I also tried to put the phone in fastboot mode and flash the custom recovery once more [fastboot flash recovery "custom-recovery".img]. same scenario, nothing happens.

now the question is: is there an alternate method/recovery to have something like TRWP on this build?
the only thing that comes in my mind is to perform a miflash of an older version of MIUI, then apply a custom recovery the same way I always did [from PC, via fastboot].

TIA :)

There's no reason to open a duplicate thread. Please use search button next time. And no, you can not have a custom recovery with the newest Miui6 yet. There was a workaround but it's for "older" versions (a fortnight back).