How to: Install Mimoji Camera into xiaomi.eu rom

katerpanne

Members
Apr 19, 2014
Hello together,

you have to copy this files / folders from rom with Mimoji support to the flashed xiaomi.eu rom on your phone (root access)
Make sure to use the correct rom version for your phone !!!

Detailed description based on Mi9 without installing the rom with Mimoji support to your phone:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  • unzip the Rom-Version with Mimoji Camera e.g.
    • "Mi9_MIUI_20.3.12_MiRoom_10.0.zip"
    • "DerpFest-10-Official-davinci-20200410.zip"
  • there are some important files, copy them into a new directory on your pc
    • system.new.dat.br
    • system.transfer.list
    • vendor.new.dat.br
    • vendor.transfer.list
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  • now we have to extract the "*.new.dat.br" files with "brotli"
    • brotli.exe --decompress --in system.new.dat.br --out system.new.dat
    • brotli.exe --decompress --in vendor.new.dat.br --out vendor.new.dat
  • now we have to extract the "*.new.dat" files with "IMG_Extractor"
    • open "IMG_Extractor" and change to the tabulator "System.New.Dat"
    • choose your "system.new.dat" and the file "system.transfer.list" and click "Start

• your "System" files are extracted
  • Copy the required files to your pc
    • copy folder "/system/system/priv-app/MiuiCamera" to your pc
    • rename the "system-folder" to "system_original" or delete it for the next step
  • rename the vendor-files because IMG-Extractor cant handle the name
    • delete "system.new.dat", "system.img", "system.new.dat.br" and "system.transfer.list"
    • rename "vendor.new.dat" and "vendor.transfer.list" to "system.new.dat" and "system.transfer.list"
    • and extract the files as described above with "IMG_Extractor"
    • copy folder "/system/camera" to your pc
  • now copy the extracted files to your phone
    • folder: /camera/fonts -> /vendor/camera/fonts
    • folder: /camera/mimoji -> /vendor/camera/mimoji
    • folder: /MiuiCamera/lib -> /system/priv-app/MiuiCamera/lib
    • file: /MiuiCamera.apk -> /system/priv-app/MiuiCamera/MiuiCamera.apk
Voilla.... now you have camera with Mimoji :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ZIP-Template for installing in TWRP

I was going crazy, but now it's working
You can use this template for your extracted files if you dont have a MI9 or K20
  • unzip the file
  • delete my files / folder under the "system-folder"
  • copy your files / folder under the "system-folder"
  • delete my files / folder under the "vendor-folder"
  • copy your files / folder under the "vendor-folder"
  • zip the files
  • install it with TWRP
Further documentation how to script can be find here or here

TWRP for Mi9

TWRP for K20

TWRP for Mi9T Pro - thanx to @memduhozkaya
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hint:
  • If you unzip "DerpFest-10-Official-davinci-20200410.zip" there is no "vendor.img" the files from "vendor.img" are in "system\system\etc\ANXCamera\"
  • Based on your "phone-mimoji rom version" the folders can be different (especially the lib and vendor) :)
  • if there are any issues with the zip-files -> TWRP - Advanced - Copy Log (without kernel) - analyze it

Regards Kater

Attachments

• 1587701690772.png
    1587701690772.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
As far as I understand, extract these files from a rom with Mimoji support. and add them to the EU rom.

Sorry for my bad English.

thanks for your article man.
WOULD YOU PLEASE add final files as .zip to your tutorial article?

Hi...

can you give me some of what you took? That's gotta suck :cool:

I have described everything and I will not download all phone versions from rom with Mimoji support, extract the files and zip it.

What do you thinking about that you will do it ... You only have to put the files into something like this.

Edit: Because the sun is shining... I have made a ZIP-File for TWRP based on the MI9 files :)

Happy sunday....

Last edited:
Do all MiRoom roms have Mimoji?
Has anyone tried this ZIP?
Has anyone tried it with another model other than the Mi9?

Do all MiRoom roms have Mimoji?
Has anyone tried this ZIP?
Has anyone tried it with another model other than the Mi9?
No. With 20.1.2 and newest version miroom only supports, which phone supports Mimoji (Cc9).

You can download 9.12.26 and export Mimoji file.

Or you can install ANXCamera on your miui Rom. And one time change region (China) from build.prop file. Open only camera app. Create a Mimoji. Setup camera settings for save to previous mode.

And again change region. (Global) use Mimoji for all time. But never switch camera mode. If you change camera mode, Mimoji will gone. ANX camera working perfectly. And i asked "you can fix that region problem for Mimoji ?" He said "yes i can, but no ETA" He will fix that region problem.

Reactions: katerpanne
No. With 20.1.2 and newest version miroom only supports, which phone supports Mimoji (Cc9).

You can download 9.12.26 and export Mimoji file.

Or you can install ANXCamera on your miui Rom. And one time change region (China) from build.prop file. Open only camera app. Create a Mimoji. Setup camera settings for save to previous mode.

And again change region. (Global) use Mimoji for all time. But never switch camera mode. If you change camera mode, Mimoji will gone. ANX camera working perfectly. And i asked "you can fix that region problem for Mimoji ?" He said "yes i can, but no ETA" He will fix that region problem.

Thank you !!!

Great and thanks for thread.
It's the same for another firmware exemple last update. I don't know if I test it for my mi 8 Dipper.

Hello.

Thanks for sharing, but I’ve been on it for an hour and I still don’t get it.

I am fighting to have these mimojis in my K20 pro, could you please post a video tutorial for the installation of mimojis?

Thank

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 623
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Hello.

Thanks for sharing, but I’ve been on it for an hour and I still don’t get it.

I am fighting to have these mimojis in my K20 pro, could you please post a video tutorial for the installation of mimojis?

Thank

EDIT : I’ve been on it for 4 hours, I still can’t see the files in the "vendor" folder. It doesn’t work for me. Do you have a solution? Or someone could make me the ZIP to install it via TWRP?

EDIT : I’ve been on it for 4 hours, I still can’t see the files in the "vendor" folder. It doesn’t work for me. Do you have a solution? Or someone could make me the ZIP to install it via TWRP?

Hi.. you have to extract two files ... the system and the vendor. For vendor you have to rename it. Did you do it ?
  • rename "vendor.new.dat" and "vendor.transfer.list" to "system.new.dat" and "system.transfer.list"
  • and extract the files as described above
Or give me a download link and I will test it ...

Reactions: Dktuning59

Hi...

I have downloaded and extracted your file. The files are there. I think I know where your mistake lies.

1. If you extract the system.new.dat there will be a folder "system" - rename it (I renamed it to system_original)
  2. rename "vendor.new.dat" and "vendor.transfer.list" to "system.new.dat" and "system.transfer.list"
  3. If you extract the system.new.dat there will be a folder "system" and you will find the files in "camera"
    • there is no folder "vendor" because it is the "vendor.img"
But you have to copy it on the phone into "vendor/camera" because the partition is mounted under "vendor"

And because tomorrow is Easter, here is a little present - the TWRP-File for K20
In case of are any issues - > TWRP - Advanced - copy recovery.log and analyze

I think this will help :)

Last edited:
Hi...

I have downloaded and extracted your file. The files are there. I think I know where your mistake lies.

View attachment 29048

1. If you extract the system.new.dat there will be a folder "system" - rename it (I renamed it to system_original)
  2. rename "vendor.new.dat" and "vendor.transfer.list" to "system.new.dat" and "system.transfer.list"
  3. If you extract the system.new.dat there will be a folder "system" and you will find the files in "camera"
But you have to copy it on the phone into "vendor/camera" because the partition is mounted under "vendor"

And because tomorrow is Easter, here is a little present - the TWRP-File for K20

You are great! Respect.

Hi...

View attachment 29048

Thank you very much for what you have done for me, I can’t thank you enough

I tried to put the file Mimoji_camera_k20 in my K20 pro from TWRP, the installation went well but when I try to launch it, it crashes putting me an error report (see photo). However on the first page, a person put the . zip for MI9 and it works. However I do not have portrait mode... I don’t know why it doesn’t work...

Screenshot_2020-04-11-12-08-59-013_com.miui.home.jpgScreenshot_2020-04-11-12-09-03-959_com.miui.bugreport.jpg

And here’s what it does when I install Mimoji_camera_mi9.zip :

EDIT : I wonder if there is not a problem with the files. Those of MI9 are bigger in size and those of K20pro are much lower...

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you very much for what you have done for me, I can’t thank you enough

I tried to put the file Mimoji_camera_k20 in my K20 pro from TWRP, the installation went well but when I try to launch it, it crashes putting me an error report (see photo). However on the first page, a person put the . zip for MI9 and it works. However I do not have portrait mode... I don’t know why it doesn’t work...
EDIT : I wonder if there is not a problem with the files. Those of MI9 are bigger in size and those of K20pro are much lower...

Hi... the person was me :) it is working fine on my Mi9

I cant say anything to the camera from the other rom. I was wondering about the size as well.

Perhaps extract the files from another version of your rom (maybe a little bit older or newer) an test it

Have a nice day ....

Hi... the person was me :) it is working fine on my Mi9

I cant say anything to the camera from the other rom. I was wondering about the size as well.

Perhaps extract the files from another version of your rom (maybe a little bit older or newer) an test it

Have a nice day ....

Thanks again for your help, I will check with the next version of Mi-room to test. On what you put for the .zip mi9, this comes from version 2.3.26?

Thanks again for your help, I will check with the next version of Mi-room to test. On what you put for the . mi9 zip, this comes from version 2.3.26?

I think it was this version, because I have described to unpack it..
Mi9_MIUI_20.3.12_MiRoom_10.0.zip

I think it was this version, because I have described to unpack it..
Mi9_MIUI_20.3.12_MiRoom_10.0.zip

I tested with the same rom that you linked but it’s still the same. I don’t see how you got the bigger files. I must have a problem somewhere and yet I did everything as indicated (see video)

uff... I found the root cause for the different file size ...

In the rom Version for your phone, they have put the "lib-files" not in "system\priv-app\MiuiCamera\lib\" they put it in "system\lib" and "system\lib64"

I have updated the TWRP-File for your K20 - can you please test it ?

Last edited:
  • Love
uff... I found the root cause for the different file size ...

In the rom Version for your phone, they have put the "lib-files" not in "system\priv-app\MiuiCamera\lib\" they put it in "system\lib" and "system\lib64"

I have updated the TWRP-File for your K20 - can you please test it ?

Yes it works now:) Portrait mode and others work! Impeccable. Thanks again. Like what, the Rom are different, it will be mentioned on your first post. It’s really nice to have spent your time on it. Thank you, thank you, thank you

there is just a small drawback but it’s not too serious, it’s that the camera menu is not in French. But that, it’s not serious at all

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne