How To Install Roms From Xiaomi.eu On Redmi 3 Pro With Vendor Rom

Chris_S

Members
Jul 11, 2016
Hi,

I bought a Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro from Gearbest which has the MIUI 7.2.99 Global Stable ROM installed. I have read that this is a fake global ROM as no such official ROM has been released yet. I would like to flash the latest xiaomi.eu ROM for this phone but have encountered several issues.

First I would need to unlock the BL, but am unable to do so as it requires to be on China Developer ROM. However when I try to install the latest China Developer ROM through the phone updater, it says "Can't verify update package".

I am completely new to this so could someone please provide me with a step by step approach of how to 1) Flash the China Developer ROM on my phone with locked bootloader, 2) Unlock the bootloader (BL unlock access was already granted and I have the unlock code available), 3) Flash the latest ROM from Xiaomi.eu?

Many thanks in advance

U cannot install via Android updater

Download fastboot version and use with MiFlash (or any of the flashing bats provided)

Sent from my phone by Tapatalk

I read in thread-287091-2-1 (54.243.194.135/forum.php forum) that someone tried flashing a fastboot developer ROM coming from the same ROM as I am currently on (7.2.99)and bricked his Redmi 3. Could you please provide me with a detailed procedure on how to go about this so as to ensure this doesn't happen?

If I understand things correctly, I need to install an official fastboot developer ROM to be able to use the official MIUI unlock procedure? I have downloaded 2 ROMs thus far but these are from xiaomi.eu:

• Xiaomi.eu_Redmi3_V7.1.3.0.LHPCNCK_5.1_MiFlash.zip
  • xiaomi.eu_multi_HM3_6.6.30_v8-5.1.zip
Should I get an official developer ROM from miui.com? If so, are these considered "fastboot" ROMS (which I could flash with MiFlash)?

I also read that it is best to always flash from older to newer ROM, does that mean that I should avoid flashing the latest China developer ROM if I then plan on flashing the latest MIUI ROM from xiaomi.eu?

Sorry if some of these questions sound silly but am completely new to this.

Thank you!

I think u can't brick if u use official dev Chinese ROM from Xiaomi.com. This should be flashable anytime maybe even on bricked device. Once flashed setup ur Mi account and execute the unlock in fastboot mode.

When unlocked, flash TWRP and latest dev or stable MIUI from Xiaomi eu. (6.6.30 / 7.5.1.0)

[*]Xiaomi.eu_Redmi3_V7.1.3.0.LHPCNCK_5.1_MiFlash.zip
[/LIST]

That ROM is outdated and doesn't support Pro.

Thank you.

Regarding the official chinese Developer ROM, the one I find on en.miui.com is the full ROM pack 6.7.7 (MIUI8). I read somewhere that it is always best to flash from older to newer ROM and not from newer to older (else I would need to wipe all data etc.). Should I therefore select a previous version, 6.6.30 or 6.6.23 for example? Or does it not matter?

Thanks again!

Thank you.

Regarding the official chinese Developer ROM, the one I find on en.miui.com is the full ROM pack 6.7.7 (MIUI8). I read somewhere that it is always best to flash from older to newer ROM and not from newer to older (else I would need to wipe all data etc.). Should I therefore select a previous version, 6.6.30 or 6.6.23 for example? Or does it not matter?

Thanks again!
For unlock I think use always the latest dev ROM but no worry about data loss during downgrade as U will do clean install anyway.

ROM for unlock this
http://bigota.d.miui.com/6.7.7/ido_xhdpi_images_6.7.7_20160629.0000.25_5.1_cn_1c8be133a6.tgz

Hi Chris,

This is my step to install xiaomi.eu ROM on my Redmi 3 Pro:

1. Flash this ROM first: http://en.miui.com/thread-284309-1-1.html
2. Flash Chinese Stable ROM for Redmi 3
3. Unlock the bootloader (I apply for the unlock process, took them 8 days to allow me).
4. Flash TWRP
5. Install xiaomi.eu ROM

Hope it works with your Redmi 3 Pro too!

Reactions: Cravaszz
Hi Chris, you try to flash the developer ROM on your device via miflash tool?? can you post your procedure?
I have two redmi 3, my first redmi 3 it's bricked trying flash the developer ROM via miflash tool, and on my second redmi 3 I have 7.2.99.99, but I don't want try flash yet.... :(

For unlock I think use always the latest dev ROM but no worry about data loss during downgrade as U will do clean install anyway.

Hey Frans Ferdinand II,

I flashed the MIUI 8 6.7.7 ROM you recommended, unlocked the bootloader and flashed TWRP_ido. I am now just wondering how to flash the latest xiaomi.eu ROM (xiaomi.eu_multi_HM3_6.6.30_v8-5.1) to my phone bearing in mind that I am unrooted and do not particularly wish to root?

Thanks a lot.

eicodi - so far so good.

Hey Frans Ferdinand II,

I flashed the MIUI 8 6.7.7 ROM you recommended, unlocked the bootloader and flashed TWRP_ido. I am now just wondering how to flash the latest xiaomi.eu ROM (xiaomi.eu_multi_HM3_6.6.30_v8-5.1) to my phone bearing in mind that I am unrooted and do not particularly wish to root?

Thanks a lot.

eicodi - so far so good.
Hi Chris, So you recommend me flash the lastest official developer ROM via miflash (coming from 7.2.99.99) and then try to unlock the bootloader?

About the lastest ROM from Xiaomi.eu, you can flash it in twrp recovery, by selecting package from your internal memory. Do a backup first, and I recommend to you make a full wipe data.

Hi, I give my feedback....

I followed this guide,... step by step and I flash official developer china ROM, (complete succesfully in about 317s), the my redmi 3 boot OK with MIUI 8, loggin with miui account and reboot in fastboot.

With Mi-unlock tool I get unlocked the bootloader!!!!

Then from security app, enable root access, and install via play store (install play services using google installer) TWRP recovery.

When I get the TWRP recovery, now via recovery, I do a full wipe and install the xiaomi.eu 7.5.1.0 stable (because I need the ROM in spanish)....

So, at finally, many thanks at all for help me.

PD: sorry for my english.

Reactions: Tetzi
I think u can't brick if u use official dev Chinese ROM from Xiaomi.com. This should be flashable anytime maybe even on bricked device. Once flashed setup ur Mi account and execute the unlock in fastboot mode.

When unlocked, flash TWRP and latest dev or stable MIUI from Xiaomi eu. (6.6.30 / 7.5.1.0)

Hey again,

I managed to install TWRP recovery and flashed xiaomi.eu MIUI 8 6.7.7 but I've been encountering a couple of issues. First from time to time, the Mi loading screen (with the three pinging dots) comes back and brings me back to the screen unlock screen. Second, the "Notes" tool does not seem to be working. I tried to flash another ROM 6.6.30 but the issue is still there. Any thoughts on what's causing this and how to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

Chris

Hey,

Just to provide some feedback, I flash the latest developer ROM (6.7.14) and the issue seems to have been resolved... not quite sure what happened before that, but just thought it may be useful to post in case someone encounters the same issue.

Thanks Franz Ferdinand and all others for the help!

Cheers