How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for devices A/B

If you got miui recovery, then you don't have twrp. twrp will replace stock recovery.
That's the strange thing, supposedly if you install xiaomi.eu you'll get twrp by default, and that's not the case for me. as I said, it isn't a thing that bothers me in any way, it just make me curious.

I installed the TWRP provided here, and it didn't have the option to onekey inject TWRP.

Thanks again @gogocar62 for this tutorial! Very simple and usefull...

I have only last 2 question before flashing the MIUI Xiaomi.eu STABLE Version for my Mi 11 Ultra (i notice now that the latest ver. is the new V12.5.17.0.RKACNXM, uploaded 2021-10-04)

- The TWRP of your fastboot toolkit for this guide, is the latest version avaliable today? is still not the official TWRP version from TeamWin, right? will the "official" version ever arrive?
- For the format steps, in this guide i read that the "Format data" command in "Wipe" menu, it runs after the ROM flash... in the previous replies to this thread, @Jimnasium said that the correct format steps is different: first Format internal storale, reboot to fastboot, "type again <fastboot boot TWRP.img> and then copy your rom from your PC and flash it!"

What is the difference betweee this two metods? (I am interested in knowing this for general knowledge) :D
Does this process completely format the phone, eliminating any traces of the previous operating system, or is there some additional setting in TWRP to format the phone more deeply?
If so, is it a more dangerous process that can lead to a hard brick, or not?

Thanks again for all your support, gogocar62!!! :)

- - The official TWRP was last released for 9th series models. As of the 10th series, the official TWRP no longer exists
The manual uses TWRP which is part of the ROM.

- If you want to use my instructions, follow it and do not change the procedure according to someone else. Format Data only after installing ROM.
Yes, another procedure is possible, but I chose this one.

Last edited:
- The official TWRP was issued for the latest models of the 9th series. Since the 10th series, the official TWRP has already been issued by Xiaomi.
The manual uses TWRP which is part of the ROM.

- If you want to use my instructions, follow it and do not change the procedure according to someone else. Format Data only after installing ROM.
Yes, another procedure is possible, but I chose this one.

I don't want to question your procedure, God forbid!
Being, as already said, i'm an enthusiast of the Android world but without much experience, I just wanted to know what were the differences between the two formatting methods.

Really last question:
using the format procedure in your guide, is it already the maximum formatting, or can I do some further cleaning to better eliminate the traces of the old original rom, for a cleaner installation possible?

Thanks again for all your time!

Thanks again @gogocar62 for this tutorial! Very simple and usefull...

I have only last 2 question before flashing the MIUI Xiaomi.eu STABLE Version for my Mi 11 Ultra (i notice now that the latest ver. is the new V12.5.17.0.RKACNXM, uploaded 2021-10-04)

- The TWRP of your fastboot toolkit for this guide, is the latest version avaliable today? is still not the official TWRP version from TeamWin, right? will the "official" version ever arrive?
- For the format steps, in this guide i read that the "Format data" command in "Wipe" menu, it runs after the ROM flash... in the previous replies to this thread, @Jimnasium said that the correct format steps is different: first Format internal storale, reboot to fastboot, "type again <fastboot boot TWRP.img> and then copy your rom from your PC and flash it!"

What is the difference betweee this two metods? (I am interested in knowing this for general knowledge) :D
Does this process completely format the phone, eliminating any traces of the previous operating system, or is there some additional setting in TWRP to format the phone more deeply?
If so, is it a more dangerous process that can lead to a hard brick, or not?

Thanks again for all your support, gogocar62!!! :)
There isn't an official build of TWRP yet for this device. When it arrives depends on Team Win and when they approve the build. I generally format prior to flashing as it clears out any possible conflicts. The other method basically loads it as the default rom and the format/wipe acts like a factory restore. Both work, I just prefer starting with a blank canvas. Hopefully, this will help you understand how partitions work: https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/partitions/system-as-root

Reactions: JakSpoon
HI everyone . A question. Imanaged to revive my soft bricked device by flashing a fastboot eu rom. i than dryed your procedure for flashing twrp but in every boot factory recovery returned.
Can i start the prosedure with the run bat as described in the beggining and inside from twrp flash the twrp.img so it can stay permanatly as recovery.Is there a risk in soft bricking my device again?
Thanks.

HI everyone . A question. Imanaged to revive my soft bricked device by flashing a fastboot eu rom. i than dryed your procedure for flashing twrp but in every boot factory recovery returned.
Can i start the prosedure with the run bat as described in the beggining and inside from twrp flash the twrp.img so it can stay permanatly as recovery.Is there a risk in soft bricking my device again?
Thanks.
Hello,

On recent devices, if you want a "permanent" TWRP, you can't use "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" command but you have to boot in TWRP then go in "Advanced" menu and select "Onekey inject TWRP".

;)

Reactions: JakSpoon
Hello,

On recent devices, if you want a "permanent" TWRP, you can't use "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" command but you have to boot in TWRP then go in "Advanced" menu and select "Onekey inject TWRP".

;)
thanks man

as mentioned again and again… the users dont use the the search function and spam the forum… so a lot of users are tired to read the posts..

Reactions: Jimnasium
I did all what u said and when i pressed reboot it reboot to fastboot
idk what to do help pls

i run RUN_TWRP.bat and it dont start (it still in fastboot mode and my computer see the device)
Where in your computer did you extract "RUN_TWRP... .rar"? In the extracted location (where you have RUN_TWRP.bat file) hold the Shift key + right click in the explorer window => Open command-line prompt or PowerShell prompt. In the new opened window, type: fastboot getvar current-slot

What is returned by this command?

Reactions: Neolimit69
Where in your computer did you extract "RUN_TWRP... .rar"? In the extracted location (where you have RUN_TWRP.bat file) hold the Shift key + right click in the explorer window => Open command-line prompt or PowerShell prompt. In the new opened window, type: fastboot getvar current-slot

What is returned by this command?
fastboot : The term 'fastboot' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. C
heck the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ fastboot getvar current-slot
+ ~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (fastboot:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException