How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Redmi K40 / Poco F3

If Im in pixel experience rom ,will I follow the same steps?
- Miflash a fastboot official rom.
-boot TWRP via fastboot mode to install EU ROM.
(Don't flash TWRP, this is done via EU rom installation and avoid to mess with a/b partition .)
You are skilled enough to do that!

Reactions: Poney70
After Running RUN_TWRP.bat , phone reboots into TWRP, i select xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.10.27_v12-12-fastboot.zip , but nothing happens , it just flashes for a seccond and brings me back to TWRP Main menu, what am i doing wrong?

The ROM with Android 12 is installed in fastboot mode (you have it written in the name of the zip file.).

To use Windows:
-Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
- wait for the phone to restart the system
- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)
- if flashing process stuck on setting slot a, just press Enter

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2021-10-29 215049.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2021-10-29 215049.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 42,302
Last edited:
The ROM with Android 12 is installed in fastboot mode (you have it written in the name of the zip file.).

To use Windows:
-Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
- wait for the phone to restart the system
- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)
- if flashing process stuck on setting slot a, just press Enter
oh wow , thats amazing ! Easy peasy !

Been through to the last page to find out this ROM is based on the original Chinese ROM, that explained a lot of the issues bugged me for a while, including but not limited to:
1. app push notification issues, with gmail and some other apps, but not xiaomi's app, they always show up even I just used them once...
2. G message chat function broken, took me one week to come to a solution or is it solved with an update, couldn't remeber...
3. google phone app took like 10 seconds to pop up when call coming in, that's just...
4. When boot into recovery mode, it showed up xiaomi recovery in chinese sometime. Not a bug, just found it weird.

I also have a POCO X3 with POCO system, it's much more stable and reliable for using Gapps. Now I'm gonna to flash a POCO F3 rom instead.

Great effort, great stuff, especially for the noobs like me...but just too old to deal with bugs all the time..

Reactions: kirozzz
Thanks @gogocar62 for the method and the guide.
I had a problem first time and I think it was because I hadn't set a security pin/password. Instead I had a pattern. While booting TWRP it didn't ask for any password. I tried to access/decrypt the data partition and enter the pattern (following the equivalent numbers) but it said it was wrong. I changed the screen security to PIN, did the process again and it worked without any problems.
So thanks again :)

Hi, I run scritp of first installation, I have a error on writting boot. So after 10 minutes I stopped and un-plug smartphone. Now the phone no longer turns on, neither fastboot no recovery. Any advice on how to proceed or do I go directly to assistance?

Attachments

• Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
I tried millions of times to install it this way or push it adb no luck i can only install the fastboot version of xiaomi.eu which is buggy as hell
So installed the indonision version 12.5.5 and now everything is perfect.

Hi, I run scritp of first installation, I have a error on writting boot. So after 10 minutes I stopped and un-plug smartphone. Now the phone no longer turns on, neither fastboot no recovery. Any advice on how to proceed or do I go directly to assistance?
I had this error too. If you can not boot up or get into fastboot or recovery then you will need to access via EDL making a bridge at the test points (google it). Prob is the glued back cover will probably be broken in the process so I chose to send it to service in warranty.

Reactions: barbace
Can someone ROOT be MIUI WEEKLY 21.11.12?
I used masgik but it didn't work.

i installed TWRP-3.5.2-alioth-Nebrassy.img recovery on poco f3 but i don't see internal memory data

Can someone ROOT be MIUI WEEKLY 21.11.12?
I used masgik but it didn't work.

i installed TWRP-3.5.2-alioth-Nebrassy.img recovery on poco f3 but i don't see internal memory data
Hi,

1) Same for me. Network signal guru says "root found but permission denied". I Google it and I found that I could try to reset magisk.db. If you find a solution please share. I will share if I find.

2) Same for me, I don't understand why. I've try to format data partition / change to ext2 then ext4 but finally I've lose all and make a new full install with fastboot ROM.

Happy to see that I'm not the only one to have this bugs.

Hi,

1) Same for me. Network signal guru says "root found but permission denied". I Google it and I found that I could try to reset magisk.db. If you find a solution please share. I will share if I find.

2) Same for me, I don't understand why. I've try to format data partition / change to ext2 then ext4 but finally I've lose all and make a new full install with fastboot ROM.

Happy to see that I'm not the only one to have this bugs.
I root Android 12 with Magisk Canary

Reactions: cedricpah
Hi,
I'm on 21.9.17 beta A11. Downloaded latest 21.11.25 fastboot beta A12. Unpacked following instructions, switched phone to fastboot, connected to Pc and run windows_fastboot_update_rom but cmd opened and nothing happens.
Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you

Hello, first of all I would like to thank you very much for the guide, I used It to flash my first rom ever and It went everything well. Since I am New to this custom rom stuff, I have some doubts and I am sorry if any of them sound dumb and I would thank you even more if you could answer.

I flashed the xiaomi.eu 21.9.17 on my poco f3 because It was The last weekly with Android 11 and there is no twrp for Android 12, hence If I would like to flash the rom with Android 12 I would have to do It by fastboot.

1 - if I do flash an A12 rom and then I decide to go back to an A11 rom, how would I do this since there is no twrp? I would need to use a fastboot rom for A11?

2 - going from the 21.9.17 (weekly) to a more recent weekly (e.g. 21.11. 25) doesn't need a format data even though it's another Android version. Is It right?

3 - since I've installed the xiaomi.eu rom, I've got an OTA update to The 21.11.25 version, how does this OTA update works? Is It just like The global stock rom? I'll download and It will be installed automatically?

If you want to upgrade to A12 you have to do it in PC and fastboot mode.
- Download our ROM zip file
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

1. Install Global ROM using Miflash. Then proceed as if you were switching from Global ROM (recovery TWRP metod)
2. Right, no Format Data. Update without data loss.
3. For android 12, you need to update on a PC. OTA without TWRP is just a notification of a new version.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Poney70 and willj
I downloaded the zipped rom into the phone's storage. I saved it in the root in the internal storage. When I start the TWRP tool however, it says my internal storage is 0 and it doesn't seem to detect the data on my phone. What am I doing wrong? The TWRP version I installed (from the given link) appears to be of a higher version than the one in the screenshot. But otherwise, everything seems similar.

Last edited:
I think the mistake is that the version I was installing on the phone was the fastboot rom instead of the recovery rom. Bear with me as it is the first time am doing this. It seems that there is a fastboot and recovery rom. I managed to install the fastboot one using the weekly version. Is that enough or do I have to install the recovery rom as well? If the fastboot version is enough, are there any disadvantages to it over the recovery? Will I continue to receive the regular updates from Xioami etc.?

TWRP does not work for android 12.
If TWRP does not work, the fastboot ROM is released.
When a working TWRP is available, a ROM recovery (twrp) will be released.

There is no difference between recovery and fastboot ROM except the installation method.

Reactions: Enigmow and Poney70
Thanks. So, since I installed the fastboot weekly one, what happens now? Will updates happen on their own regularly, including updates to a stable version, or do I have to continue updating manually myself?

If you have installed the Weekly version, you will receive an update notification. You must install it manually.
If you have Weekly ROM in your phone, you will only receive Weekly ROM updates, you will not receive Stable.
If you want to use the stable version, you should install it.
Your choice is whether you want to use Weekly (beta) ROM or Stable ROM.

"If you have installed the Weekly version you will receive an update notification. You have to install it manually.
If you have a Weekly ROM in your phone, you will only receive Weekly ROM updates, not Stable."

In both cases, you wrote the weekly, so what is the difference? Did you mean to write stable in one?