How to integrate PowerAmp with Miui?

SM26

Members
Jul 6, 2013
Hello everybody!

I hope i'm posting this in the right forum, if not, would like it to be transferred to the right one.

so, my problem is:
I have PowerAmp (paid version), which I like so much, it's way better the the Music app that you get with Miui.
But....

When I'm on BT or in lockscreen, I can't get it to show the right song name.
and when on BT, it sometime start the Music app and not the PowerAmp.

How can I solve this?

Reactions: Elbay Malik
Did you set it as default music app in settings?

You can do this in settings>apps>default app settings>music

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Also, what don't you like about the regular music app? Or what is it that poweramp does better?

I also use Poweramp. And it sorts music files better; it is easy to reach for a song; it has many audio enhancing options; it has a better design (all MIUI apps get distorted when dpi is changed); it has better lockscreen integration with many options; it is easy to make a playlist and etcetera

Reactions: SM26
@xepyonx Did this.
still not working properly.

the song name on the lockscreen is the song in the music app and not in Poweramp.
and in BT, it doesn't forward the right name.

I tried to make Poweramp a system app, but it stopped working.
maybe I didn't do it well?

Can anyone explain to me how to make Poweramp a system app the right way?

I'm not using BT, and it is working fine for me, and I don't even come accross the music app
Which method have you used? When I was using cyanogenmod, there was a method for doing such replacements, but I'm not sure whether they will be applicable with MIUI:
Did you delete the default music app by an explorer (lik root-enabled x-plore app) from "Root:/system/app" folder and then enabled BT menu in settings menu of poweramp? It was working on CM, but as I said I'm not sure whether it is the right way...

Or, you can use Disable Service app, and disable all the services of in-built music app...

Whichever method you use, you have to do it after each update session I suppose