How to perform a clean flash

Psicopato

Members
May 30, 2017
Hi guys

Noob question...

im running the latest weekly EU build (23.03.20) but my phone (Dipper) is consuming way to much battery and after 2 years dirty flashing on a weekly basis I think its time to perform a clean flash but im not entirely sure that I know all the steps correctly, so....

Question: I just need to wipe my dalvik/cache/data and then flash 23.03.2020 correct? I read somewhere that I should absolutely NOT wipe the data :s Is this correct?

I hope someone can explain to me if these are all required steps or im missing something.

Thanks in advance and stay safe guys!!

Hi guys

Noob question...

im running the latest weekly EU build (23.03.20) but my phone (Dipper) is consuming way to much battery and after 2 years dirty flashing on a weekly basis I think its time to perform a clean flash but im not entirely sure that I know all the steps correctly, so....

Question: I just need to wipe my dalvik/cache/data and then flash 23.03.2020 correct? I read somewhere that I should absolutely NOT wipe the data :s Is this correct?

I hope someone can explain to me if these are all required steps or im missing something.

Thanks in advance and stay safe guys!!
To clean install, you'll have to format internal storage
Wipe system, data, vendor, cache and dalvik
There, you're as good as new.

Be sure to backup your internal storage first.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

To clean install, you'll have to format internal storage
Wipe system, data, vendor, cache and dalvik
There, you're as good as new.

Be sure to backup your internal storage first.

I think you are not supposed to wipe system and vendor :/
Only cache, data and dalvik. That's what I know

I think you are not supposed to wipe system and vendor :/
Only cache, data and dalvik. That's what I know
The New ROM you're flashing is basically replacing files in your Systems and Vendors partition.

When I'm doing a clean flash, I do a backup, in case something goes wrong, Format Internal Storage then wipe Dalvik, Cache, System, Vendors. Then I flash the new ROM

Reactions: robertb_45