How To Re-install Miuigallery?

Discussion in 'Question & Answers' started by Mr.Tokich, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Mr.Tokich

Mr.TokichMembers

Feb 15, 2016
    Male
    My phone is Xiaomi Mi4c. I have uninstalled lot of stock Miui apps, but I was told that uninstalling MiuiGallery and MiuiVideo was a mistake. So I wanted to re-install them. I got the following advice:

It worked for MiuiVideo, but it doesnt work for MiuiGallery. I get the following message when I try it:

[​IMG]

After thta I read that I dont need to manually install it, that I just need to copy it to system/priv-ap and reboot the phone, but nothing happens.

Is there any other solution?

What happens if I re-flash ROM? My phone is rooted and Im using xiaomi.eu_multi_libra_6.1.28_v7-5.1

Do I keep all my data and apps? Can I lose any data or personal settings? Do I reflash it via updater or via TWRP?

The main problem I have becuase I deleted MiuiGallery is - the images i added to contacts are not showing when Im calling a contact or receiving a call from that contact..

2. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Switzerland
    The first simple attempt is still install the ROM with TWRP. You do not lose any data

3. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Switzerland
    Hello, have you tried? or you managed in another way?

4. Mr.Tokich

Mr.TokichMembers

Feb 15, 2016
    Male
    Yeah, I re-flashed ROM, the Gallery is now there, but I still cannot see contact photos when Im getting or receiving a call.

And no one on this forum and the main Xiaomi forum doesnt know why.

5. Stefano131270

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Switzerland
    Try looking, Settings, System Applications, Contacts, Detailed View

6. Mr.Tokich

Mr.TokichMembers

Feb 15, 2016
    Male
    You dont understand me :)

I can see the contact photos when Im in contacts, but when a contact calls me or when I call that contact, my phone doesnt show the picture assigned to that contact. But when I enter the contacts, the picture is there.

Share Our Site