How To Unlock Bootloader And Fastboot Flash Mi Pad 2?

Mr.Tokich

Members
Feb 15, 2016
Today I received my Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 with the following ROM: Miui 7.3 by xiaomi eu, 6.3.24 beta.

I guess it is a stable version of EU Rom?

I would like to Fastboot flash it and make a clean install of the latest Xiaomi Eu dev Rom. Do I need to unlock bootloader first? If yes, how do I do it?

Is there any step by step guides which show a procedure on unlocking bootloader and making a fastboot flash?

I already own Xiaomi Mi4c, so I do have some experience with doing it, but I think the procedure is not the same as on Mi Pad 2.

If you have xiaomi.eu ROM, your bootloader already unlocked. And you have TWRP installed. If you're going to flash from fastboot latest xiaomi.eu based ROM, just do this.
If you're not able to turn into fastboot mode or into recovery, use instruction how to fix this, provided here.

Reactions: Mr.Tokich
Yeah, I wasnt able to reboot to recovery. Where are these instructions? Are you sure that my bootloader is already unlocked?

How can I fastboot flash my Mi Pad 2?

One more question - after I have unlocked the bootloader and after I fastbot flash MI Pad 2 what is the procedure for installing EU Rom?

One more question - after I have unlocked the bootloader and after I fastbot flash MI Pad 2 what is the procedure for installing EU Rom?

What do you mean - "after I fastbot flash MI Pad 2"?
There are 2 options with EU Rom. Either you also will flash TWRP and then will install EU ROM from TWRP and start to fight with root and couple of other stuffs, or you can take same EU ROM only with some useful adds here https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/fastboot-rom-with-gapps-root-and-some-other-stuffs.34148/ and flash it simply from fastboot within 5 min.

By "after I fastboot flash MI Pad 2" I mean I want to get a clean install, so that MI Pad 2 is just like it left the Xiaomi factory, without having suspicious Chinese apps potentially installed by the company I bought the tablet from, if you know what I mean :/

Is that possible?

Also, how do I know if I have twrp or original recovery and if it is locked or unlocked? When I press Power and Volume up, it just boots normally, not into recovery.

I tried this: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...or-entering-fastboot-mode-and-recovery.36000/
But my windows 7 dont recognize Mi Pad 2. Where can I download Mi Pad 2 drivers?

Sorry because lot of questions, but Im really afraid that I will brick it, so I am very careful.

Last edited:
By "after I fastboot flash MI Pad 2" I mean I want to get a clean install, so that MI Pad 2 is just like it left the Xiaomi factory, without having suspicious Chinese apps potentially installed by the company I bought the tablet from, if you know what I mean :/

Is that possible?

Also, how do I know if I have twrp or original recovery and if it is locked or unlocked? When I press Power and Volume up, it just boots normally, not into recovery.

I tried this: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...or-entering-fastboot-mode-and-recovery.36000/
But my windows 7 dont recognize Mi Pad 2. Where can I download Mi Pad 2 drivers?

Sorry because lot of questions, but Im really afraid that I will brick it, so I am very careful.

1. Don't worry about brick device. It's simply not possible.
2. See here instruction for drivers and installation http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=102864&highlight=fastboot+driver
3. Then fix your buttons.
4. Then flash EU Rom.

Remember, when you booting into fastboot/dnx modes cable should be connected to your pc!!!!

Thx for your continuous support!

I successfully got through all 4 steps and installed Images based on xiaomi.eu 6.11.24 from here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/fastboot-rom-with-gapps-root-and-some-other-stuffs.34148/

One more question, hopefully the last one :) I have a problem with Google store, I am logged in, but it tells me that "Authentication is required and that I need to sign in". How do I solve it?

I read the whole topic and at one point you wrote "Then fastboot format data" to avoid market error. All user data will be lost.". How do I execute that? I mean, obviously I connect the tablet via USB and enter the fastboot mode, but where should I open command prompt in order to execute it?

Thx for your continuous support!

I successfully got through all 4 steps and installed Images based on xiaomi.eu 6.11.24 from here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/fastboot-rom-with-gapps-root-and-some-other-stuffs.34148/

One more question, hopefully the last one :) I have a problem with Google store, I am logged in, but it tells me that "Authentication is required and that I need to sign in". How do I solve it?

I read the whole topic and at one point you wrote "Then fastboot format data" to avoid market error. All user data will be lost.". How do I execute that? I mean, obviously I connect the tablet via USB and enter the fastboot mode, but where should I open command prompt in order to execute it?

I don't think it's your case. I would reset device to factory defaults from settings and re-setup once again.

But I installed your ROM by Flash_all_clear_data_(user_data_will).bat and I set it up from the scratch. Thats why I think I need to do that so that Google play works.

I dont know if it makes the difference, but I had some problems when executing .bat file and I executed fastboot oem verified because I thought the poblem was in that. But later I figured the problem was in the name of the .bat file.

Last edited:
But I installed your ROM by Flash_all_clear_data_(user_data_will).bat and I set it up from the scratch. Thats why I think I need to do that so that Google play works.

I dont know if it makes the difference, but I had some problems when executing .bat file and I executed fastboot oem verified because I thought the poblem was in that. But later I figured the problem was in the name of the .bat file.

Of course try to remove Google account and add them again.