How to Unlock Bootloader, Unbrick and Install correctly MIUI 11 on MI9T (9.9.26 to 20.1.21)

I just made this and worked flawless:

unlock bootloader
install twrp(rus) via fastboot and REBOOT TO TWRP (critical step)
format data and then reboot again to recovery
copy rom
install
wipe cache

so far, no bug or nothing. everything works.. its a bit shorter than the original guide, if any wanna give it a try and dont want to download so many files hehe
Good, but your undocumented explanations can lead people to mistake!
-TWRP (rus) what version?
-Fastboot flashed or use of the "zip" package?
- no mention how you reboot TWRP! (critical step)
-Copy rom!!! Which one? do you use android10 weekly latest or stable android9?
please elaborate.
thanks

Good, but your undocumented explanations can lead people to mistake!
-TWRP (rus) what version?
-Fastboot flashed or use of the "zip" package?
- no mention how you reboot TWRP! (critical step)
-Copy rom!!! Which one? do you use android10 weekly latest or stable android9?
please elaborate.
thanks
done.

here it's again:

unlock bootloader (Follow the tutorial, including TWRP installing)
install twrp ( rus that's in this thread) via fastboot (WITH .BAT FILE) and REBOOT TO TWRP (critical step) by holding power butrón and +volume, if not the stock rom will replace the stock recovery and you'll have to flash it again
copy rom (i'm using weekly 9.10.17)
install
wipe cache

Last edited:
Im in eu 11.0.2 , how install 9.10.17? Thanks in advance
I'm not sure, you need to think about you are in miui 11 with android 9.0 and 9.10.17 is miui 11 on android 10.
You can try to install 9.10.17 (or 9.10.24) replacing your version. Not sure if is going to work, if you can't just make sure to follow my tutorial.

done.

here it's again:

unlock bootloader (Follow the tutorial, including TWRP installing)
install twrp ( rus that's in this thread) via fastboot (WITH .BAT FILE) and REBOOT TO TWRP (critical step) when the phone reboots it self you must hold +volume, if not the stock rom will replace the stock recovery and you'll have to flash it again
copy rom (i'm using weekly 9.10.17)
install
wipe cache

Thank you Ramir !! Your tutorial is working fine and is very easy ! (Because when you launch the bat file from twrp it tells you every step to follow, two easy and quick steps actually).

Can't remember when I've bought my Mi9T but maybe in august and since that time I was scared to try again to flash it with xiaomi.eu rom because the first time I've tried I've had a softbrick and had to go back to global rom using xiaomi flash and so on... Was waiting for a nice Android 10 rom to do that again and a clear/easy tutorial, yours and Danxell are the ones !

The job flash/format data and installing xiaomi.eu rom was done in litterally 5 minutes !!

Thanks again to both of you, now I will enjoy a nice and clean rom with Android 10 !

By the way I was on global 11.02 rom, Android 9, did not change a thing for any steps, worked fine directly with that russian twrp. Had a big, big battery drain since last day so I've decided to flash it to xiaomi.eu rom for once and for all.

Cheers !

Reactions: ramir0
Thank you Ramir !! Your tutorial is working fine and is very easy ! (Because when you launch the bat file from twrp it tells you every step to follow, two easy and quick steps actually).

Can't remember when I've bought my Mi9T but maybe in august and since that time I was scared to try again to flash it with xiaomi.eu rom because the first time I've tried I've had a softbrick and had to go back to global rom using xiaomi flash and so on... Was waiting for a nice Android 10 rom to do that again and a clear/easy tutorial, yours and Danxell are the ones !

The job flash/format data and installing xiaomi.eu rom was done in litterally 5 minutes !!

Thanks again to both of you, now I will enjoy a nice and clean rom with Android 10 !

By the way I was on global 11.02 rom, Android 9, did not change a thing for any steps, worked fine directly with that russian twrp. Had a big, big battery drain since last day so I've decided to flash it to xiaomi.eu rom for once and for all.

Cheers !
Thanks to you for follow my tutorial! Enjoy MIUI11 :D

Reactions: Cocheton
Hello, found a few mistakes in your how-to:

Volume down and Lock button and the phone is going to make a reboot.
With this simply reboot you can use your phone as always.

Volume down + Lock button
This combination is so useful to reboot in situations when your phone gets freezed or you can't select a turn off option
=> Don't have to press and hold Volume down to force a reboot

- Press and hold Volume down and Lock button to reboot

- During the reboot press and hold Volume down and Lock button to enter in TWRP menu.
=> Press and hold Volume up and Lock button until TWRP's boot

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavezi and Nilsb7
Hello, thanks for the tutorial. I'm very tempted to do it but I'm worried about not getting updates if I flash EU rom of miui as I bought my mi 9t in Egypt so I might not get updated? if anyone knows please tell me, if indeed the device won't receive updates, will installing updated roms in the future like miui 12 or something wipe my data?

Hello, thanks for the tutorial. I'm very tempted to do it but I'm worried about not getting updates if I flash EU rom of miui as I bought my mi 9t in Egypt so I might not get updated? if anyone knows please tell me, if indeed the device won't receive updates, will installing updated roms in the future like miui 12 or something wipe my data?
No matter where You are, if you install EU ROM You will get updates when they are released. Read ROM updates weeklys thread.

Reactions: National
You are going to get all the updates because this isn't divided like global or Chinese version, In this case os just 1 version for everyone.

You only need to do a Factory reset when you are installing a new ROM, un this case the only ROM we install is 10.3.15, after that, all the others are just updates you don't need to do It.

Hello, found a few mistakes in your how-to:

=> Don't have to press and hold Volume down to force a reboot

=> Press and hold Volume up and Lock button until TWRP's boot

:)
Thanks for the correction, tomorrow I will try to change it on a freetime moment :)

Hi Danxell, thanks for your guide for first!
After "wait" time I successfully installed 10.3.15 Stable but now, when I try to update to Beta 9.8.1 I get this TWRP error:
Updater process ended with error: 7
Error installing zip file..ecc..
Failed.
Any help please?
Thank you

Solved googling and removing the first line with Notepad++ in the file "updater-script" located here:
META-INF\com\google\android\
Other MIUI.zip files were OK without this trick.

Reactions: National and Nilsb7
Hi Danxell, thanks for your guide for first!
After "wait" time I successfully installed 10.3.15 Stable but now, when I try to update to Beta 9.8.1 I get this TWRP error:
Updater process ended with error: 7
Error installing zip file..ecc..
Failed.
Any help please?
Thank you
Hi! Have you activacted developer options with USB debugging and OEM after the installation of 10.3.15?

I activated them before install 10.3.15.
Did I have to re-enable it again after?
Yes If you don't see developer options in settings menu. I think it could be the problem. Not sure but I remember that trying to install some updates I had the same error, don't know :)

Hi! Have you activacted developer options with USB debugging and OEM after the installation of 10.3.15?
OK, thanks for the advice.
Unfortunately I cannot say if developer option was still available or not because after "error 7" occured the phone gone bootlooping.
Maybe would be a good idea to add this tip in your guide which is very very useful.

Reactions: National
Can i sustitute they 10.3.15 with 11.1 which is they latest Stanley or i hace to instalo 10.3.15. fiesta anuway