[HowTo] Install Fastboot image

thanks for this. worked a treat on the mi 11 ultra. Regarding the ota updating, how or when does that come back. Do I need to update twrp or something?
TWRP is not yet ready for android 12, so we need to flash the ROM and its updates via fastboot for the time being.
To update and keep your data, you need to follow the steps from the first post, and install the windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat file (when on windows).

I have contacted the telegram account to fix my bricked phone. but now I don't get to the fastboot mode. I followed this guide https://www.guidetoroot.com/unlock-bootloader-on-any-xiaomi-phones/ or at least I think so. It is the default starting screen with an unlocked symbol at the top. I have a quesiton about the debuggin options, as this guide only says to enable usb debugging options. Does this include USB debugging (Security settings) as well?

The phone is still unlocked though. The global official miui rom is installed

I have contacted the telegram account to fix my bricked phone. but now I don't get to the fastboot mode. I followed this guide https://www.guidetoroot.com/unlock-bootloader-on-any-xiaomi-phones/ or at least I think so. It is the default starting screen with an unlocked symbol at the top. I have a quesiton about the debuggin options, as this guide only says to enable usb debugging options. Does this include USB debugging (Security settings) as well?

The phone is still unlocked though. The global official miui rom is installed
do it as it is described…
  • The first step is to enable USB debugging on the Xiaomi phone. For this, go to Settings → About Phone → Then Tap MIUI version 5-7 times to enable Developer Options.
  • Next go Settings → Additional settings → Developer Option.
  • Now, Tap on Developer Option → Then Turn on the toggle button OEM Unlocking and USB debugging options.
IMG_20220222_085329.jpg

Reactions: biscoot
After 22.2.9 everyone can download fastboot ROMs using Updater app, you will get brief guide what to do once download is completed, keep in mind you will still need a PC to install it.

Attachments

• video_2022-02-25_19-02-32.gif
    video_2022-02-25_19-02-32.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 212
i installed xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Lite5G_V13.0.7.0.SKICNXM_v13-12-fastboot without any errors.
surprisingly rebooted to xiaomis recovery, selected "wipe data". done...
thanks for your explanation @katerpanne
gruß aus wien

• Love
Reactions: katerpanne
Hello!

Phone is Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE (lisa).

I got xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11LE_XM11Lite5GNE_V12.5.9.0.RKOCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip at 20/2/2022 and installed it with first install with data format. All went well. I setup the phone perfectly, inserted PIN lock and fingerprint lock, all ok so far, with the exception of Revolut not working (not really a problem for the moment). Now the update is pulled and a new file, with exactly the same name (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11LE_XM11Lite5GNE_V12.5.9.0.RKOCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip) and new date (26/2/2022) is on the servers and it's different (a bit larger) than the first one. Questions:

1) I know that from stable to stable you can choose to just update, but I also know that for downgrades you can not update, you need to format (or am I wrong on this?). What happens though, when you "update" to the same version, even if it's changed, just as in this very case? Should I choose "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat" or "windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat"?

2) If I can update, should I first disable PIN lock and fingerprint lock? Encryption of my phone files is on as default.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello!

Phone is Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G NE (lisa).

I got xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11LE_XM11Lite5GNE_V12.5.9.0.RKOCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip at 20/2/2022 and installed it with first install with data format. All went well. I setup the phone perfectly, inserted PIN lock and fingerprint lock, all ok so far, with the exception of Revolut not working (not really a problem for the moment). Now the update is pulled and a new file, with exactly the same name (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11LE_XM11Lite5GNE_V12.5.9.0.RKOCNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip) and new date (26/2/2022) is on the servers and it's different (a bit larger) than the first one. Questions:

1) I know that from stable to stable you can choose to just update, but I also know that for downgrades you can not update, you need to format (or am I wrong on this?). What happens though, when you "update" to the same version, even if it's changed, just as in this very case? Should I choose "windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat" or "windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat"?

2) If I can update, should I first disable PIN lock and fingerprint lock? Encryption of my phone files is on as default.

Thanks!
just run update script and let it do its job..

Can anyone help how to solve this?

1. Swipe up search provider is still on Google, not local/xiaomi search engine.
2. Google Play Protect shown as "Device is not certified" (But Widevine L1, SafetyNet passed).
3. Bluetooth earbus/tws microphone source is still on internal mic only.

Thanks!

• Angry
Reactions: biscoot
Can anyone help how to solve this?

1. Swipe up search provider is still on Google, not local/xiaomi search engine.
2. Google Play Protect shown as "Device is not certified" (But Widevine L1, SafetyNet passed).
3. Bluetooth earbus/tws microphone source is still on internal mic only.

Thanks!
Totally OT here in this thread! Please don't spam! Thank you!

Hi!
I own a Mi10 and I've a problem updating to A12. I I was using this file:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V13.0.3.0.SJBCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip
Flashed it via fastboot and it flashed without any errors...all good. But after flashing it always boots into twrp not to system.
Anyone knows this issue?
Right now I've installed this one miui_UMI_V13.0.2.0.SJBCNXM_75a61efcf7_12.0.zip
and flashed it via twrp but I'd like to have those xiaomi.eu ROM.
Can anyone guide me?

Hi!
I own a Mi10 and I've a problem updating to A12. I I was using this file:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V13.0.3.0.SJBCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip
Flashed it via fastboot and it flashed without any errors...all good. But after flashing it always boots into twrp not to system.
Anyone knows this issue?
Right now I've installed this one miui_UMI_V13.0.2.0.SJBCNXM_75a61efcf7_12.0.zip
and flashed it via twrp but I'd like to have those xiaomi.eu ROM.
Can anyone guide me?
- if you install the xiaomi.eu rom for the first time
- if you change from weekly to stable (recommended)
- if you change from stable to weekly (recommended)
- you will loose your data -> make a backup
windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat

is it your first install then you need to format data…

Reactions: biscoot and JiaiJ

is it your first install then you need to format data…
No...i had an A11 stable xiaomi.eu ROM installed before. Maybe the twrp is the issue?

PS: Switched TWRP and tried again flashing ROM via fastboot but same issue...it always boots into TWRP after "successfully" installation. :(

Last edited:
Updating from13.0.2 to 13.0.3 (mi10). The update stucked at sending modem line like 15mins ago. Should i wait more? Is it brick the phone if i close the cmd?
mi10.jpg

Updating from13.0.2 to 13.0.3 (mi10). The update stucked at sending modem line like 15mins ago. Should i wait more? Is it brick the phone if i close the cmd?
View attachment 41325
Sounds like USB cable or port issue. No point in waiting, you'll have to cancel it and retry another cable and/or port, without exiting fastboot mode, of course (unless you want to brick).

if i want to do a clean install, erase all. Is this the best option? or is there a better option?

if i want to do a clean install, erase all. Is this the best option? or is there a better option?
use the format script… you can reset your device before if you want

Hi, I want to apport something about Magisk installation. I've tried to install it at the same time you install you rom and it works.
You have to patch boot.img from ROM zip file, coping it to your phone and using magisk app, install and select patch file menu. After that you rename it to boot.img and you copy it to the original images folder.
Then you only have to follow instructions explained at begining of this thread to install your ROM.

As im on latest MIUI13 A12 CN ROM, today i tried to flash latest xiaomi.eu ROM via Fastboot by using that...

Unfortunately i was stuck on bootloop :(

did i miss something?

As im on latest MIUI13 A12 CN ROM, today i tried to flash latest xiaomi.eu ROM via Fastboot by using that...

Unfortunately i was stuck on bootloop :(

did i miss something?
try it again… if you did all as described. use another usb etc some people wrote after flashing again it is working.. which is your device?

try it again… if you did all as described. use another usb etc some people wrote after flashing again it is working.. which is your device?
I did all as described. The last line before it was finished was an error message (fastboot: error: Command failed) but in first post it says you can ignore that message.
I got a Mi10

Hi,

thanks a lot for this good tutorial, perfect for eternal noobs like me...
I'll soon receive a Redmi Note 11, I'll try to flash stable miui 13 xiaomi.eu rom as soon as phone received (and as soon as bootloader is unlocked)

EDIT at 2022/03/18 : Redmi Note 11 received, just have to wait 136 hours (from yesterday) before trying again to unlock...

Last edited:
hi, i can't seem to update from stable 13.0.1 to 13.0.4 on my Mi 10T... flashing works but after booting into the system I'm still in 13.0.1.
I noticed that when I searched for "fastboot devices" my device was a combination of alphabets and numbers and not all numbers, could that be a reason?
Otherwise does anyone know why I cant update and if theres a fix?

hi, i can't seem to update from stable 13.0.1 to 13.0.4 on my Mi 10T... flashing works but after booting into the system I'm still in 13.0.1.
I noticed that when I searched for "fastboot devices" my device was a combination of alphabets and numbers and not all numbers, could that be a reason?
Otherwise does anyone know why I cant update and if theres a fix?
I have answered already in your other post…

I don't know what went wrong. I followed everything you had said but nothing. I'm stuck at the fastboot orange text.

Attachments

• no update.png
    no update.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 148