[HowTo] Magisk install without TWRP

Louisfan123

Members
Feb 14, 2022
Since I have erased all data and setup anything new some older apps warn that they were designed for an older version of Android. How can I stop this very annoying message? On previous Android versions these message only appeared one time but now it appers evry time I open the old apps.

Reactions: donger

zgfg12

Members
Apr 27, 2021
There Is not a proper single simple guide guys to install magisk, so many threads listed males risky
Why nobody reads the official guide on Magisk Github how to patch and flash the patched boot img

It's available by few clicks, starting from Magisk app (Magisk app can be installed to the not-rooted phone, it's just the app)

Jordirs2004

Members
Jan 27, 2018
Hello,

I rooted my Poco F2 Pro with success. But I have one question.

Do I have to patch boot.img and flash it each time that I want to install the last release of the xiaomi.eu rom?
Will I lose my deny list?

Thx

emap85

Members
Jan 23, 2011
In my Poco F2Pro i have installed the 22.3.16, magisk 24.3 with modules for safetynetfix and configured the denylist. Everything works perfectly, but what if you want to upgrade to the latest weekly beta? Can I directly flash rom fastboot and patch boot.img for magisk, or do I have to remove magisk? to disable modules? Do I lose my magisk configuration?
Thank you

Jordirs2004

Members
Jan 27, 2018
In my Poco F2Pro i have installed the 22.3.16, magisk 24.3 with modules for safetynetfix and configured the denylist. Everything works perfectly, but what if you want to upgrade to the latest weekly beta? Can I directly flash rom fastboot and patch boot.img for magisk, or do I have to remove magisk? to disable modules? Do I lose my magisk configuration?
Thank you
hello
just flash rom and patch boot, deny list doesn't change

Reactions: emap85

david3

Members
Mar 29, 2022
One thing to note, that wasn't immediately obvious to me. When you copy the original boot.img to the phone/sd card, and patch it, that original file isn't changed. A new patched version is written elsewhere, on the internal storage. That's the new version you need to use.

Reactions: katerpanne