I am not able to install twrp

grizzly42

Members
Oct 30, 2018
Tried first to install "polaris", did not boot, second "aries" the same. There was no failure message during install but does always boot into system. On the handy "developer options" was set and "usb-debugging". No chance to get TWRP working. When I boot in recovery mode, there is a MI-own recovery.

On the handy is last global rom, want to install the eu-rom but can't do it. Any input?

Thank you for your input. But why should i take another version of twrp, when "polaris" is recommended for the Mi Mix 2s? Do you have own experiences with the versions you told me in upper posting?

The two versions I linked in my previous post are from @notsyncing. Those are the 2 latest versions for mix 2s. i installed v13 and worked like charm. I linked both versions in case one is not doing the job.
Both are for pollaris. The one from xiaomi.eu forum didn't worked for me so I tried the v13 and worked.

Hope it will help you 2.

Sent from my MIX 2S using Tapatalk

@constantinni90
Tried today and yes, it worked. But i did not flash in case of time. But there was a password query in twrp, is it necessary to give an password input there?
And was not able to boot with twrp after a recovery reboot. But would have been able to make an installation straight after flashing twrp I guess.

Not sure I really understand your post. I am glad you finally got it to work. It should not show you a password query. If you did it on pc it should be able to reboot recovery and reboot to twrp. It worked in my case.

You should be able to reboot recovery, wipe > advanced > dalvik cache, system, data, internal storage, cache and after that install the desired rom.
@constantinni90
Tried today and yes, it worked. But i did not flash in case of time. But there was a password query in twrp, is it necessary to give an password input there?
And was not able to boot with twrp after a recovery reboot. But would have been able to make an installation straight after flashing twrp I guess.

Tried to flash now, but can't find any installion file in twrp. Also not the folders which I can see in windows explorer when the handy is connected.

You can try this way.

Boot to recovery.
wipe > advanced > dalvik cache, system, data, internal storage, cache.
Connect the phone to pc.
Copy rom to phone
Install rom
Reboot to system.

Hope it works.

Must ask you again. You mean boot in to "twrp" recovery? Haven't seen any wipe button but did not search for it yesterday.
After the full wipe, into which folder should I copy the rom. Is the pc able to do (recognize the handy) the datatransfer in recovery mode? There is one recovery mode (miui) on the handy but this one offers only a full wipe, not especially advaced, dalvic etc. ...
I removed google account yesterday at this handy and now I am not able to go to developer mode before I do any further settings. Guess this will not be necessary when doing a full wipe in recovery?

As far as I know you don't need Google account to go developer. Just tap 10 times MIUI version and will activate developer options.
In dev options be sure you activate both debugging options and oem unlock.
Reboot to twrp (handy recovery) and select the first icon ( I remember is wipe) and after that do advanced wipe.
After that you should be able to connect the handy to pc and recognize it as a media. Just paste the zip into handy's storage and then choose install menu. Find the zip file and flash it.

Hope it helped.

Hello thanks, did flash but it does not boot. See all the time: "MIX" "android" below with flashing points, waited 30 min - no booting into system.
Now I have to leave it alone cause I'm away for 2 hours. Don't know what to do if not booting ...

Came home just before, accu is empty and I cannot boot in recovery. Must load it. Don't know what to do for a installation now.

What means accu is empty?

You can connect the handy to pc. Flash fastboot original recovery. Flash official rom.

Or.... Flash via fastboot v13 twrp. Reboot to recovery. Wipe what I mentioned before. Install xiaomi.eu zip and after that reboot to system.

Keep me updated please.

I am flashing now the 3rd time but handy does not boot. Flashing Eu stable Rom 10.0.0.7 ... or so. Before it was global rom, version I don't remember. Anything is going wrong. Wiped everything as you wrote some posts above.
How long does the handy take for booting after installation? In the forenoon I left home and after 2,5 hours accu was empty when I came home. But I am sure it did not boot as it does now again :(
edit: I mean, it doesn't boot into system hangs at "MIX" logo

You are definitely doing something wrong.

Try to unzip on your pc original Rom and extract recovery.img file. Put it on your desktop and after that flash it as recovery.

Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot reboot recovery

After this you should be able to acces original recovery. When entered in original recovery connect phone to pc and copy desired rom.

Flash rom from original recovery. It should install and enter to system.

Be aware that the first boot should take a while.

Reactions: grizzly42
You mean "twrp"(with "recovery.img) in the upper lines of your last posting? I never was able to flash from original recovery, flashed with "twrp". So I have to find an "install" button in original recovery. Sorry my (foru you maybe) stupid questions. I am loading now "oreo" rom, maybe this works, befor it was a "pie" rom I guess. Do you mean reboot in original recovery by using twrp ?

edit: in original recovery I can't find any installation modus, only something like "miui assistant"d ...

Hello!
It's done! Many thanks for your BIG PATIENCE with me, EU Rom with "pie" is flashed successfully!

Ok, here it is:

Attachments

• miui.jpg
    miui.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 399
Reactions: constantinni90
Please someone to help to flash correctly my Mi Mix 2S with Mi Flash,
When I try to flash it I receive a error message like "flash bath not find"
Can show how to flash it correctly with the different step to avoid this error message.
Thanks a lot...