I need help with my Hongmi for international use

May 17, 2014
I recently bought the Hongmi in China. I have 2 SIM cards: 1 china mobile and 1 AT&T (from USA with unlimited international data). It works flawlessly in China, I love it. However, I went to Hong Kong yesterday and it didn't work at all. Obviously, the China SIM card wouldn't connect. But the other card appeared to connect to 3G, but I could not access the internet or anything.

My question is, is the phone locked to only work in China? Is it possible to unlock it? I plan to travel to Italy and USA next week, will it work there?

May 17, 2014
Tyler can you check if your APNs are there? On my S2 I had a problem where if I were moving alot across states my APN just randomly goes missing and I have to reconfigure it.
The APN is currently populated on both SIM slots. I came back to China this week and the phone is working fine. I'll be back in Hong Kong in a few days. I will check it again while I'm there.

May 17, 2014
Do you have a suggested ROM I should use?

The phone connects to the networks, but no data is being transferred. Obviously, it will work when I'm on Wi-Fi, but not on mobile data. The below screenshots show that it is connecting to the different carriers.

1. About Phone
2. AT&T in USA
3. CSL in Hong Kong
4. SMC in Hong Kong

Edit:
I can send and receive sms and phone calls, but no data. Any suggestions to fix this?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2013
Sounds like it is not wdcma ver, but u say it is. Try developers rom, look for ultimate rom, it fix most of the problems with this phone. As far as I readed..

Tap tap from MI2