I want to install Xiaomi.eu Stable Rom on my Mi 8 SE instead of Officail China Rom

Adly2010

Members
Aug 31, 2018
I want to install Xiaomi.eu Stable Rom instead of Officail China Rom on my Mi 8 SE.
In this regard, I have an question. After installation, would my phone be relocked again? and if not, how I lock it again?

Current version "Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool 2018.5.28.0" has flashing option "Flash and lock" so if you use it then your phone should be locked again.

Thanks.
However, does miflash work with xiaomi.eu roms or work only with official roms?
MiFlash work only with official roms. To flash xiaomi.eu rom you will need TWRP. Also you can't relock the bootloader while a custom rom is installed because it will brick the device.

MiFlash work only with official roms. To flash xiaomi.eu rom you will need TWRP. Also you can't relock the bootloader while a custom rom is installed because it will brick the device.
So how will I work with my phone while it is unlocked? I think unlockig prevents some services and is not good for devices.

So how will I work with my phone while it is unlocked? I think unlockig prevents some services and is not good for devices.
When you try to unlock the booloader for the first time the phone will warn you that fingerprint, find device and other security stuff will not work but ciaomi.eu roms are based on china rom and all that is working without problems. So in order to flash a custom rom you need an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery. Your phone will work as desired.

When you try to unlock the booloader for the first time the phone will warn you that fingerprint, find device and other security stuff will not work but ciaomi.eu roms are based on china rom and all that is working without problems. So in order to flash a custom rom you need an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery. Your phone will work as desired.
Thanks for your reply.
Can I lock my phone after installing an Official ROM from MIUI.com?

Thanks for your reply.
Can I lock my phone after installing an Official ROM from MIUI.com?
Many users report that their phones got bricked because they flashed official global rom on china variant Mi 8/se. If your phone is china variant and want to install a global rom - flash it but DO NOT relock the bootloader

Many users report that their phones got bricked because they flashed official global rom on china variant Mi 8/se. If your phone is china variant and want to install a global rom - flash it but DO NOT relock the bootloader
Thanks again for your reply.
I read that many users having Mi 8 SE had problems with their unlocked phones and want to relock it but thet can't.