New I9100 3.5.10 Bug

Mixztel

Members
May 12, 2013
Hi! Last week I installed MIUI 3.5.2 but after I used it for a while it just frooze and then when I tried rebooting the phone the screen was just black after the triangle. I could double tap the home button so the screen went white. The only thing that fixed it was to wipe everything and reinstall it and then it would happen again.

In 3.5.10 I still have this problem and it even happened when I just flashed Siyah to the stock rom. There was another guy here having this problem with 3.5.2 (http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/bugs-3-5-2-galaxy-s2-i9100.20330/#post-164083) but it doesn't work for me how he fixed it. I have tried searching google but I can't find any help with the problem.

Thanks for a great rom and sorry if my english is a bit bad.

I have experienced this same issue multiple times in the past 2 - 3 weeks (happened in 3.5.2 and I'm now on 3.5.10). In fact it happened a couple of minutes ago again. Basically I was in Facebook app typing a reply to a post and the phone started to lag and freeze so I had to take out battery. After I booted up the white Samsung logo appears and then the screen goes black (not booting at all). Was able to make screen turn white by tapping on home button too.

However I manage to make it boot again by doing the following: (sort of similar to what the guy posted in the other thread)
1. boot into CWM
2. make a full backup (may not be relevant)
3. flash full 3.5.10 ROM
4. wipe cache & dalvik cache
5. reboot
6. wait for some time (< 10 mins) when screen goes black (I was trying to search for a solution on the net and left it there. Who knew that it would boot again)

From what I can recall, I was typing during each of the occurences. I am using Swiftkey if that matters.

Okay, thanks. I will try that :) I also use swiftkey but it has happened without it installed for me to and without me typing so I doubt that is the problem.

Happened one hour ago again and now I was running stock :S Must've happened something to my phone.