Invalid Icons animation bug on Xiaomi.eu 12.5.1 Mi 8 Lite and other bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohiwainochi

Members
Jun 27, 2021
Hi
I'm new here, but wanted to report a strange bug that is happening in new versions of Xiaomi.eu for Mi 8 Lite (but I've seen members reporting the same thing on other devices)
The icon animations that are very beautiful just don't work anymore, I've tried everything to solve it but unfortunately I couldn't do it at all.
Summarizing the bug:
The animations work the first time you install the rom, but after a while, even without installing anything on your smartphone, they stop working altogether.
And even restarting, applying default theme and etc they don't come back at all.
What's happening?
What is the real cause of this happening?
In version 12.0.1 that doesn't happen, the icon animations works fine only there is a bug in the security app that doesn't open the verification and charging animation in glow is all lagging on fast charger, a bug that also occurs in the new stable version 12.5.1

Try to find a good mi launcher apk and fix the themes and everything will get to work
I used alpha launcher and release launcher last update and not working at all.. I cleared cache in two launcher versions I've tested but unfortunately nothing animation back to it

Last edited:
Icon animations don't work anymore if you update the launcher. You have to use the stock launcher that comes with the ROM for them to work.

I have experienced the bug you explain one time, that animations just stop working. Don't remember which of my phones or ROM though.

Skickat från min M2101K9C via Tapatalk

Reactions: kohiwainochi
Icon animations don't work anymore if you update the launcher. You have to use the stock launcher that comes with the ROM for them to work.

I have experienced the bug you explain one time, that animations just stop working. Don't remember which of my phones or ROM though.

Skickat från min M2101K9C via Tapatalk
I use stock launcher now, I restarting my device and cleared cache and data of same and I apply default theme and nothing icon animation back TuT

I use stock launcher now, I restarting my device and cleared cache and data of same and I apply default theme and nothing icon animation back TuT
Icon animations only work with default icons or if the currently applied icon pack have their own animations

Special effects like wave effect on surrounding icons after uninstall an app also only work with default theme and icons

Icon animations only work with default icons or if the currently applied icon pack have their own animations

Special effects like wave effect on surrounding icons after uninstall an app also only work with default theme and icons
I use default theme and default icons. And default stock launcher. Animation not working TuT

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-02-00-43-36-268_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-02-00-43-36-268_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    661.8 KB · Views: 424
  • Screenshot_2021-07-02-00-43-30-106_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-02-00-43-30-106_com.android.thememanager.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 644
  • Screenshot_2021-07-02-00-42-58-262_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-02-00-42-58-262_com.miui.home.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 432
Please note that this is not available for all devices.
To improve performance, some features are disabled on low-end and evn mid-range devices

EDIT: also enable "global icon animation" in homescreen settings

I used alpha launcher and release launcher last update and not working at all.. I cleared cache in two launcher versions I've tested but unfortunately nothing animation back to it
Try this build
com.miui.home_ALPHA-4.22.0.2472.apk
Works great on me

Hi
I'm new here, but wanted to report a strange bug that is happening in new versions of Xiaomi.eu for Mi 8 Lite (but I've seen members reporting the same thing on other devices)
The icon animations that are very beautiful just don't work anymore, I've tried everything to solve it but unfortunately I couldn't do it at all.
Summarizing the bug:
The animations work the first time you install the rom, but after a while, even without installing anything on your smartphone, they stop working altogether.
And even restarting, applying default theme and etc they don't come back at all.
What's happening?
What is the real cause of this happening?
In version 12.0.1 that doesn't happen, the icon animations works fine only there is a bug in the security app that doesn't open the verification and charging animation in glow is all lagging on fast charger, a bug that also occurs in the new stable version 12.5.1
Sorry, can help you. I don't use this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.