I'm new to this forum, Hello! I have a question about buying the new redmi note 7 CN

Jan 26, 2019
Hello people, good afternoon.
My name is Fernando and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I recently bought a Mi 8 Lite and was amazed with MIUI, although I used MIUI from its first versions for non-xiaomi smartphones I risked buying one and the results were beautiful, I love it.
The phone is given to my mother and now I'm looking to buy the new Redmi Note 7 or 7 Pro but the Chinese version, my question is this: If I buy the Chinese version, I can install the Rom from xiaomi.eu to have Spanish language and other translations, in addition to the google store and its apps? What do you think about what I want to do? I have no problem with using the phone in English but I feel more comfortable with the global version and I also want the note 7 in gold, it's great.
I wait for your answers and from Argentina I thank you very much for the space !.

Nov 22, 2015
Hello people, good afternoon.
My name is Fernando and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I recently bought a Mi 8 Lite and was amazed with MIUI, although I used MIUI from its first versions for non-xiaomi smartphones I risked buying one and the results were beautiful, I love it.
The phone is given to my mother and now I'm looking to buy the new Redmi Note 7 or 7 Pro but the Chinese version, my question is this: If I buy the Chinese version, I can install the Rom from xiaomi.eu to have Spanish language and other translations, in addition to the google store and its apps? What do you think about what I want to do? I have no problem with using the phone in English but I feel more comfortable with the global version and I also want the note 7 in gold, it's great.
I wait for your answers and from Argentina I thank you very much for the space !.
Yes you can install Xiaomi EU ROM … but Redmi Note 7 being a new phone … you might find it difficult to find the correct TWRP and ROMs to install...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-7/how-to/one-redmi-note-7-unlock-bootloader-t3890751
After looking on the TWRP site I don't see an official TWRP for either Redmi Note 7 devices...
https://twrp.me/Devices/Xiaomi/

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019
Yes you can install Xiaomi EU ROM … but Redmi Note 7 being a new phone … you might find it difficult to find the correct TWRP and ROMs to install...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-7/how-to/one-redmi-note-7-unlock-bootloader-t3890751
After looking on the TWRP site I don't see an official TWRP for either Redmi Note 7 devices...

Thanks for answering friend.
I still do not buy it but it would be a good buy? or should I wait for the global version?
I doubt because I happened with the Mi 6x, I waited for the global version that would be the Mi A2, but then on ********** I saw that they sold the Mi 6x with the global version and in red haha.
I know that the miui version of xiaomi.eu is great and how much do you think it would take to do one for Redmi 7?

Nov 22, 2015
Thanks for answering friend.
I still do not buy it but it would be a good buy? or should I wait for the global version?
I doubt because I happened with the Mi 6x, I waited for the global version that would be the Mi A2, but then on ********** I saw that they sold the Mi 6x with the global version and in red haha.
I know that the miui version of xiaomi.eu is great and how much do you think it would take to do one for Redmi 7?
You could buy it and use it with English language … you will need to install Google Play Store, its not hard to install … and when TWRP / ROMs become available you could do the upgrade.....

Feb 15, 2019
Hi guys,
Please help me. I can't install TWRP on my Redmi note 7. When i install it, my phone is restart go to screen look. :(

Feb 1, 2013
When i instal twrp all done, my phone will be reset and go to the screen "to start android enter your password" cry View attachment 23303

At first don't cry. I had this exact same message after unlocking the smartphone and I solved it. Now I have TWRP and Xiaomi.eu working. Also, for the people who thinks this is the unlock path/code or even the password of the Xiaomi account, none if them worked for me.

Unfortunately I forgot what I did exactly but if I remember correctly when this message poped I did a factory reset in the default recovery mode. Once I rebooted it didn't ask me for that password (maybe I did ask the password of my Xiaomi account). Once in MIUI, I configured the developer settings, with USB debugging etc... and made sure to set a password to unlock the phone (a temporary one like "1234"), in case the message "To start Android, enter your password" comes again. Then I logout of my Xiaomi account and proceeded normally to install TWRP and Custom roms:

1) Download the latest stable version by Xiaomi.eu (xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote7_V10.2.8.0.PFGCNXM_v10-9.zip) and copy it to the root of your smartphone
2) Download the latest version of TWRP for HMNote7 (Lavender 3.2.3-0121)
3) Run Minimal ADB fastboot 1.4.1 (portable), check that the phone is connected to the computer:
adb devices (if not be sure to allow the computer to connect with USB debugging, it's the popup that asks for authorization)
4) Reboot the smartphone in Fastboot
5) Double-check that it is properly connected:
fastboot devices
6) Copy twrp.img in the folder of Minimal ADB fastboot 1.4.1
7) Flash:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
8) Remove the smartphone from the PC, don't turn it off (important) and hold Volume Up + Power to boot in TWRP
9) Flash MIUI
10) Wipe cache/Dalvik/Data
11) Reboot

Done!

Feb 15, 2019
At first don't cry. I had this exact same message after unlocking the smartphone and I solved it. Now I have TWRP and Xiaomi.eu working. Also, for the people who thinks this is the unlock path/code or even the password of the Xiaomi account, none if them worked for me.

Unfortunately I forgot what I did exactly but if I remember correctly when this message poped I did a factory reset in the default recovery mode. Once I rebooted it didn't ask me for that password (maybe I did ask the password of my Xiaomi account). Once in MIUI, I configured the developer settings, with USB debugging etc... and made sure to set a password to unlock the phone (a temporary one like "1234"), in case the message "To start Android, enter your password" comes again. Then I logout of my Xiaomi account and proceeded normally to install TWRP and Custom roms:

1) Download the latest stable version by Xiaomi.eu (xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote7_V10.2.8.0.PFGCNXM_v10-9.zip) and copy it to the root of your smartphone
2) Download the latest version of TWRP for HMNote7 (Lavender 3.2.3-0121)
3) Run Minimal ADB fastboot 1.4.1 (portable), check that the phone is connected to the computer:
adb devices (if not be sure to allow the computer to connect with USB debugging, it's the popup that asks for authorization)
4) Reboot the smartphone in Fastboot
5) Double-check that it is properly connected:
fastboot devices
6) Copy twrp.img in the folder of Minimal ADB fastboot 1.4.1
7) Flash:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
8) Remove the smartphone from the PC, don't turn it off (important) and hold Volume Up + Power to boot in TWRP
9) Flash MIUI
10) Wipe cache/Dalvik/Data
11) Reboot

Done!
Thank you so much ! i will try it

Feb 1, 2013
I still have 13days of waiting for my bootloader to unlock :'( then I will try this.

I could skip the waiting period by doing this:

**** You need two account with the authorization to unlock the bootloader (http://en.miui.com/unlock/) ****

1) Install latest official version (10.2.8.0 Chinese stable, android 9.0) directly from MIUI
2) Reboot
3) Check that the first Xiaomi account is logged in the phone
4) Check that files aren't crypted (by default it's not)
5) Enable developer settings --- enable USB debugging
6) Still in developer settings --- Mi unlock status and add the first account (need a sim card in the phone)
7) Run MiFlashUnlock and login with your first MIUI account (should be the same account as the one used on the phone)
8) Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode
9) Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click "Unlock". This will show a 360 hours waiting time
10) Reboot
11) Logout from the Xiaomi account, login with the 2nd account
12) In developer settings --- Mi unlock status and add the 2nd account (still need a sim card in the phone)
13) Logout from MiFlashUnlock and login with the 2nd account
14) Enter in Fastboot mode
15) Unlock
16) Reboot

I don't understand how but it worked...

Feb 15, 2019
I could skip the waiting period by doing this:

**** You need two account with the authorization to unlock the bootloader (http://en.miui.com/unlock/) ****

1) Install latest official version (10.2.8.0 Chinese stable, android 9.0) directly from MIUI
2) Reboot
3) Check that the first Xiaomi account is logged in the phone
4) Check that files aren't crypted (by default it's not)
5) Enable developer settings --- enable USB debugging
6) Still in developer settings --- Mi unlock status and add the first account (need a sim card in the phone)
7) Run MiFlashUnlock and login with your first MIUI account (should be the same account as the one used on the phone)
8) Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode
9) Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click "Unlock". This will show a 360 hours waiting time
10) Reboot
11) Logout from the Xiaomi account, login with the 2nd account
12) In developer settings --- Mi unlock status and add the 2nd account (still need a sim card in the phone)
13) Logout from MiFlashUnlock and login with the 2nd account
14) Enter in Fastboot mode
15) Unlock
16) Reboot

I don't understand how but it worked...
I'll definitely try this once I've gotten a second SIM card. I've read that this has been patched and doesn't work anymore, though. Gonna try it anyway... :p

Feb 1, 2013
I'll definitely try this once I've gotten a second SIM card. I've read that this has been patched and doesn't work anymore, though. Gonna try it anyway... :p
I tried several times with different versions of MiFlashUnlock and one time it worked. Btw I used the exact same sim-card in the phone for both accounts and that sim-card is actually even not linked to any of these accounts.

Feb 15, 2019
I tried several times with different versions of MiFlashUnlock and one time it worked. Btw I used the exact same sim-card in the phone for both accounts and that sim-card is actually even not linked to any of these accounts.
Now that is interesting...:eek: I'll definitely try it tonight then!:cool: