Imei & Baseband Unknown

May 13, 2012
hi

so both my IMEI and baseband became unknown after I updated and I have no backup unfortunately. I have tried latest Chinese dev fastboot but it did not fix it.

I read somewhere that I have to use an nvram backup to write my IMEI to my phone again?

Is this something I can do? I can not use my phone for anything except wifi now and I am at a loss

Hi,
More Info please (how did you update, MIUI version, Phone type, etc..) otherwise we are only guessing.

Yeah, sorry my bad. I'll try to explain my steps:

First of all, this is a phone my daughter uses. It is a Xiaomi MI3 / WCDMA.

I cant remember wich version the phone was when i got it. My daughter cannot read and use english that good so she asked me if i could get our native language. Then i came here, and downloaded the latest xiaomi eu version for my phone. After that all hell broke loose with boot loops and other problems.

I finally managed to fix it (read it on a forum post here somewhere) by first flashing:
miui_MI3WMI4WAlpha_5.12.17_72599265a8_4.4.zip

and then:
miui_MI3WMI4W_6.2.4_cba63b82d3_6.0.zip

Following up with:
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI3WMI4W_6.7.21_v8-6.0.zip

After this the phone finally booted. But no cellular or GPS coverage. When i checked cellular network i got: IMEI / IMEI SV: Unknown
and Baseband: Unknown.

So i am basically stuck at the moment, and my daughter has a pretty nice and small wifi tablet basically. And i really want to fix it.

*edit*

Is there something i can flash to get back to scratch? I looked at the fastboot with chinese developer version, but i am getting wrong version or something. Board version is apparently 3.2

Last edited:
I recommend the following:
1. Start with clean flash of xiaomi fastboot 6.3.17 rom via miflash. It will make correct partitions needed for MarshMellow.
Boot up the phone and see if everything is working.
Then install TWRP and install xiaomi.eu.

I recommend the following:
1. Start with clean flash of xiaomi fastboot 6.3.17 rom via miflash. It will make correct partitions needed for MarshMellow.
Boot up the phone and see if everything is working.
Then install TWRP and install xiaomi.eu.
I cant seem to find 6.3.17

Is it located at miui.com ? i only found this: cancro_images_6.7.21_20160712.0000.26_6.0_cn

*edit*

I found the global version, but if i use the included scripts i get wrong version. My board is 3.2, not 4 or 5.

Last edited:
Yep, found and flashed everything. But my IMEI is still gone. Found a fastboot command wich was "fastboot oem writeimei #imeino#" but it is not supported on xiaomi phones unfortunately. Im stuck without an IMEI.. i have both imei numbers on the box though. Is there any way to write these to the phone?

*edit*

Correction, i have the one IMEI code.. i was looking at the box for my Mi4 -.-

Last edited:
Sorry for you, i never had this problem
You can try and search for repair IMEI or similar.