[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

I think I found a bug:
The shortcut gesture for turning on camera with double press on volume or power button doesn't seem to work. Using the shortcut either leaves the screen locked with camera behind or the screen is on, but locked. Either way, you ~have to unlock the screen to access the camera. Previously it would open camera by double tapping the power button either with the screen on or off. (Was the menu for the shortcut "gestures" changed btw?)

@Igor Eisberg Hello, I have a little thing (really not important ^^) to report:

In File Manager app (FileExplorer.apk), in private folders screen (swipe down until you see a lockpad then release your finger) I see, at the bottom, a blue logo with two chinese characters next to it.

If it can be removed, thanks. ;)

(21.6.30) Mi10T Lite, Dual app dont work, i cloned a game, added a second google account in the cloned google play games but the app itself and google play games still dont recognize that theres a account added, it still sends me to login and when i type in the account, it just says, account is already on the phone

@Igor Eisberg Hello, I have a little thing (really not important ^^) to report:

In File Manager app (FileExplorer.apk), in private folders screen (swipe down until you see a lockpad then release your finger) I see, at the bottom, a blue logo with two chinese characters next to it.

If it can be removed, thanks. ;)
Done.

I think I found a bug:
The shortcut gesture for turning on camera with double press on volume or power button doesn't seem to work. Using the shortcut either leaves the screen locked with camera behind or the screen is on, but locked. Either way, you ~have to unlock the screen to access the camera. Previously it would open camera by double tapping the power button either with the screen on or off. (Was the menu for the shortcut "gestures" changed btw?)
Yes, this is happening on RN8 as well - double tapping the power button for camera isn't working properly.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
Yes, this is happening on RN8 as well - double tapping the power button for camera isn't working properly.

Interesting, the "dubble press power button to launch camera" works fine on my device. Whether the device is locked or unlocked, you can still access the camera by pressing the power button 2 times; i have a MI 10 btw.

Maybe it's just affecting some devices?

Interesting, the "dubble press power button to launch camera" works fine on my device. Whether the device is locked or unlocked, you can still access the camera by pressing the power button 2 times; i have a MI 10 btw.

Maybe it's just affecting some devices?
I've a mi 10 too, but have that issue, hmm. May I see the related settings?

Do you have face unlock? I do, not sure if it can be related.

I have no locks (only swipe to unlock, if I didn't have this too I'd probably not obvserve such issue). I think I tried turning pin on and check if it works, but it didn't.

I have face unlock, pin, and fingerprint enabled, but pressing the power button 2 times to launch camera works completly fine for me whether the device is unlocked or locked; this is very strange.

Reactions: Blastboom Strice
I have face unlock, pin, and fingerprint enabled, but pressing the power button 2 times to launch camera works completly fine for me whether the device is unlocked or locked; this is very strange.
Lol, I see what you did there. I enabled all those locks you have and I found out it would (probably) recognize my face before I turn on the screen, so when I double pressed the power button it'd actually open and go to camera. But eh, that's ~a workaround, not a solution (and I ~don't want my phone to have my fingerprint or face).

Lol, I see what you did there. I enabled all those locks you have and I found out it would (probably) recognize my face before I turn on the screen, so when I double pressed the power button it'd actually open and go to camera. But eh, that's ~a workaround, not a solution (and I ~don't want my phone to have my fingerprint or face).
WAIT, NO, I removed the locks and now it works (even after reboot)! Thanks @alexfernando651! So the fix is (probably) to turn on the power button and bolume down gestures to opem camera from settings, turn on pin, fingerprint and face unlock (I did it without turning on wifi), reboot, unlock with pin, lock, double press to open camera and have the phone facing you before doing that and wait for it to take you to camera. Then remove locks, reboot and done(?)! Well dome @dexterv, for finding the relation with the locks!

I have no locks (only swipe to unlock, if I didn't have this too I'd probably not obvserve such issue). I think I tried turning pin on and check if it works, but it didn't.
OK, I would suggest you try something illogical but I think it fixed it for me. Go to gestures disable the power button and enable the volume down one. Lock phone and start camera with the volume down shortcut. This should work fine. Go back and switch the shortcuts again and try the double click with the power button - it works fine now. Not sure if every step is needed, but hey...

WAIT, NO, I removed the locks and now it works (even after reboot)! Thanks @alexfernando651! So the fix is (probably) to turn on the power button and bolume down gestures to opem camera from settings, turn on pin, fingerprint and face unlock (I did it without turning on wifi), reboot, unlock with pin, lock, double press to open camera and have the phone facing you before doing that and wait for it to take you to camera. Then remove locks, reboot and done(?)! Well dome @dexterv, for finding the relation with the locks!
Hahah, it seems we got to the volume gesture at the same time as well. :D Xiaomi always entertaining their customers...

Hi dev,
A small File Manager UI issue to report:
In the storage page, the graph showing storage usage has a weird spike.

I don't know if it is a CN rom issue or it can be fixed.
(Tell me if it's not the correct place to report this.)

Redmi K40, weekly 21.06.30

Hi dev,
A small File Manager UI issue to report:
In the storage page, the graph showing storage usage has a weird spike.
View attachment 37761
I don't know if it is a CN rom issue or it can be fixed.
(Tell me if it's not the correct place to report this.)

Redmi K40, weekly 21.06.30
Switch to light mode because dark mode is under heavy MIUI development.

My Mi Max 3 which has a China Rom English Language recently got a update to MIUI 12.5.1 it has really messed up my phone, none of my google apps will open, plus many more, location settings for apps i need for work do not work now, even though location is set to on. When i bought this phone some years ago, it was said to have a fake rom installed, so i installed the original China rom set to English, and it worked fine ever since, but this new update has really messed it all up, any chance there will be a further update to fix these issues from China, i realise not many international customers use a China rom on their phones.

Only with the scrolling option activated the wallpaper is stretched and does not return to its place saved that they change the background image again.
In 14.7.21 mi 9 lite ROM

Reactions: Stickit
Redmi Note 8 - Hotspot shutdown automatically after specific time (after 24 hours?). This wasn't at my last ROM (don't know which version), but definitely Android 10.
Anyone with the same issue?

I need hotspot all the time. Options to disconnect when no device is connected is disabled. I haven't found any time restrictions in the options menu.

I also use app "Battery Charge Limit" to keep battery in range of 30-70%. Could it bee a new rule from Android 11 for Hotspot stopping if percentage from battery goes lower than x%?

Last edited:
@Igor Eisberg

Why dimens.xml from the translation repository are not included in the builds as before?
Many words do not fit into the dimensions of the elements, and small adjustments to those dimensions are a good way to make the translation neat and without abbreviations.