[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

No. /priv-app/CloudBackup/CloudBackup.apk
Make sure it's pre-deodexed. (classes.dex should be inside the APK)
If not, you'll need to deodex yourself.
Thank you so much, I'll try to use apk from eu stable 10.0.9

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Let me know how it works for you.
Great... Now Mi Cloud working fine, thanks again for your help
19e69afe934493f46011640090a2cfb2.jpg

I have a problem when updated to 8.11.15, i had last week's rom and i installed the latest through TWRP.
I lost all my apps, data like photos and sms where there, but lost apps etc. I restored, made an OTA update, same result.
Didn't have problems so far, am i doing something wrong? I have an Mi Mix 2S.

Just suggestion, for the next version update to be given the option to choose the LTE or 4G icon for the Mi 8 Explorer Edition device, because the LTE + icon exceeds the notch. That's not good for aesthetics. thanks.

Note: I edit MiuiSystemUi for change from LTE to 4G every new update version
6b4a15c600e633224d69c3828543c272.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
My device: Mi8 - ROM 8.11.15 Beta
Since the Mi8 got the camera update for ultra-slow-motion (960FPS), the 120FPS and 240FPS option does not produce slow motion videos.
If I record videos in 120 or 240FPS slow motion mode, the video gets played in normal speed.
Is this normal? Before this update, videos taken in slow motion mode were also played in slow motion in the gallery app (I use the official gallery app from xiaomi, which is installed by default.)
BR Thomas

Hello,
My device: Mi8 - ROM 8.11.15 Beta
Since the Mi8 got the camera update for ultra-slow-motion (960FPS), the 120FPS and 240FPS option does not produce slow motion videos.
If I record videos in 120 or 240FPS slow motion mode, the video gets played in normal speed.
Is this normal? Before this update, videos taken in slow motion mode were also played in slow motion in the gallery app (I use the official gallery app from xiaomi, which is installed by default.)
BR Thomas
Since it's a Developer ROM, it's normal. Just wait for Xiaomi to optimize their new camera features.

8.11.15 on Mi 8. Clean flashed.

The headphone icon stuck in status bar after disconnect the headphone (I'm using mi noise cancelling type c).

Hi,
I have the latest weekly and Mi 8 SE. "Lift to check phone" option in the ambient display is not yet activated. Do you plan to enable this option or should we forget about it?
Thanks!

Hi,
I have the latest weekly and Mi 8 SE. "Lift to check phone" option in the ambient display is not yet activated. Do you plan to enable this option or should we forget about it?
Thanks!
That's not for us to decide. Try asking in the official Xiaomi MIUI forum.

Reactions: panblock
Xiaomi mi6. When using camera made picture for background it is dark faded and icons are really bright. Weird behaviour as I don't have this issue on mi8 . Using mi6 weekly beta version. Is this a known issue?

Redmi 5 Plus Vince
Battery won't charge past 97%
Only charge to 100% in recovery, did a clean install.
On Lineage 16 it charge to 100% without issues.
The last 3 or 4 builds have this issue.
Anything that i can do?
Thanks.

Redmi 5 Plus Vince
Battery won't charge past 97%
Only charge to 100% in recovery, did a clean install.
On Lineage 16 it charge to 100% without issues.
The last 3 or 4 builds have this issue.
Anything that i can do?
Thanks.
Probably an official kernel issue, nothing that we can fix.

Mi cloud isn't working in 8.11.22 version. It continuously crushing.
Device: Redmi 5 rosy.

Is there a solution for bootloop for Redmi 6A? The problem is definitely not with TWRP since the MiuiPro rom works without problems.

Mi Pad 4 plus: On the "recents" screen, there are four buttons on the top of the page that don't do anything when clicked, "Cleaner", "Security scan", "Deep clean", and "Manage apps".

I dont see confirmation of no InCall sound on Redmi Note 5A Lite(ugglite) with EU ROM 8.11.22.Doesnt work on earphones too.I have to open speakers to hear the otherside.
I upgraded from EU ROM 8.11.1.Now I downgraded again and it works. I also tried Global Dev ROM 8.11.15 and it works there.

Mi Pad 4 plus: On the "recents" screen, there are four buttons on the top of the page that don't do anything when clicked, "Cleaner", "Security scan", "Deep clean", and "Manage apps".
Xiaomi accidentally added them to Mi Pad's firmware. Mi Pad 4 doesn't have those apps.
Disable these buttons in Home screen settings -> uncheck "Show suggestions".

Hello,
On my MiPad4 with Xiaomi.eu weekly ROM 8.11.22 doesn't detect any 5ghz WiFi network.
With China stable, the 5ghz WiFi networks were there.
Can you please fix it in the next released??
Thanks

Reactions: Sushicat
Hi all, i have eu dev 8.11.23 on my Mi8, on first slot i have 4G, on second slot i have 3G only, also with dual 4G option activated.
It worked with Global Developer.

Please fix this and "ok Google" too, already working on official Global Dev.

Regards.

Redmi 4x here. Battery discharged at 60%. Now I have to charge it again

Version 8.11.22 MIUI 10.

Any fix ?

[x] = Fixed for the next release.
[ ] = Confirmed, investigation/fixing in progress.

[ 8.11.29/30 ]
[ ] Google: Can't activate "OK Google". [MI8 and MIMix2S only]
[ ] Google: Instant apps are visible on Play Store but opens browser instead.

[ 8.11.22 ]
[x] Settings: "System app updater" visible when searching.
[x] Scanner -> QR code: QR business card shows accented characters as Chinese characters.
[x] Security -> Cleaner: WhatsApp cleaner won't detect images and videos.
[x] Security -> Cleaner: Facebook cleaner is missing.
[x] Security -> Data usage: "Data plan" not visible unless app data cleaned for Security app.
[x] Security -> Data usage: "Custom data plan" not visible on specific devices.
[x] Browser: Icons in "Tools" look trimmed.
[x] Screen recorder: No "System sounds" option for specific devices. [POCOF1, MIMAX3, MIMAX/Pro, HMNote6Pro, HMNote5A/LITE, HMNote3SE, HM6Pro, HM3SHM3X, MIPAD4 only]

[ 8.11.15 ]
[x] Mi Cloud: Cloud backup doesn't work.
[x] Network Location: Network location is not working in certain regions.

[ 8.10.11/12 ]
[x] System: Long booting time for normal boots. [Android 9.0 only]

[ 8.9.20 ]
[x] System: After ROM update - Apps being corrupted / "miui theme" FC glitch / black settings glitch.
[x] Themes: Search fails under Themes, Ringtones and Fonts tabs.
[x] App vault: Chinese shortcuts in edit mode.
[x] App vault: Battery History shows as "Moments" with a camera-like icon.
[x] App vault: "Business card" scan shortcut opens "QR code" scan instead.
[x] File Manager: UTF-8 encoding not working properly on Windows.
[x] POCO Launcher: "Home screen layout" (grid size) setting is missing.
[x] POCO Launcher: Unable to use "Hide apps" without setting a fingerprint.
[x] Mi Drop: Unable to uninstall Mi Drop via the launcher or the Play Store.

[ 8.9.13 ]
[x] Settings: Notification settings crash when launched from a 3rd party app. (i.e. Gmail, Outlook)

[ 8.8.30 ]
[x] App vault: Xiao AI icon (microphone) showing in bottom-left corner.
[x] Security -> Cleaner: App crashes. [Android 6.0 only]

[ 8.8.23 ]
[x] Themes: Classic theme has missing icons.
[x] App vault: Crashes + Chinese settings + Chinese "recommended" card.
[x] Cell/Emergency broadcasts: The feature is missing. [Android 6.0 and 7.0 only]
[x] Security -> Cleaner: WhatsApp cleaner not working at all.
[x] Security -> Game speed booster: Chinese content.
[x] Camera: Filters are missing for front camera and Portrait mode (both front and back cameras).
[x] System UI: Stuck on empty screen with only wallpaper showing. [Android 6.0 only]
[x] Settings: Missing texts. [Redmi Note 3 SE only]
[x] App vault: Mi Fit not opening when Step counter is clicked.

Known Issues / Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Camera and/or sensors are not working! (Mi 8/Mi 8 SE/Mi 8 EE/Mi Note 3/Mi MIX 2S)
A: You wiped "Persist" partition using an unofficial TWRP build. You shouldn't have done that.
You'll now have to flash persist.img (that's inside "persist_*.zip" for your device) using the same unofficial TWRP build you used to wipe it.
Download persist.img: [ Mi 8 ] [ Mi 8 SE ] [ Mi 8 EE ] [ Mi Note 3 ] [ Mi MIX 2S ]
Q: The "Hide notch" setting is missing on Android 9.0 (MI 8/MIX 2S)!
A: You can't hide the notch on Android 9.0 based MIUI ROMs. This was explicitly disabled by Xiaomi. Don't report this issue to us.
Q: I can't use "Always on display" on my Mi Note 2!
A: Despite having an AMOLED display, Mi Note 2 doesn't support the "Always on display" feature. Don't report this issue to us.
Q: Vertical clock is not working on the lockscreen when there are notifications.
A: That's by design. The vertical clock leaves no room for notifications, hence it switches back to horizontal clock until you swipe away all of the notifications.
Q: Dual apps are showing when Dual apps feature was not enabled.
A: None of our modifications touch the Dual apps feature. Whatever this is you're having seems to be a glitch with MIUI itself. I would recommend a data wipe and a fresh install.
Q: There is a "Users" setting without an icon in Settings.
A: "Users" setting is not part of MIUI. Turn "MIUI optimizations" back on in Developer settings. There's no reason to disable this.
Q: Weather app can't connect to the network!
A: Sometimes one of Xiaomi's weather data servers can have an extremely slow response time, so the connection times out. The server is randomly picked, so only a fraction of the users will encounter this issue. To solve this you can either wait until the server is stable again, or clear app data for Weather app and launch the app again in order to refresh the server list and use a different server for weather updates. If it still doesn't connect, it means that the same server was picked again, so you'll need to repeat the above until a responsive server is picked.
How about Mi Mover not working on Mix2s?