[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

i using china mi 9. after flash eu rom. i got waiting for network when on wifi. i only can download app using mobile data only.
Go to downloads settings and change to unlimited
505e9c3c9f199844d09c7f7e98ea294f.jpg

Enviado do meu Redmi 5 Plus através do Tapatalk

Redmi Note 6 Pro - 9.4.18(TWRP3.3.0-1+Clean install)
Bluetooth working well, thanks!
Bugs:
Redmi Note 6 Pro seen as Mi Mix2s under google account my devices
Screen time app is only in english
OK Google is not working (cannot set, grayed out)
MIUI App Vault/Quickcard FC:
Code:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.miui.personalassistant.payment.provider.PaymentProvider: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: You cannot keep your settings in the secure settings.

at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(Unknown Source:432)

at android.app.ActivityThread.installContentProviders(Unknown Source:28)

at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(Unknown Source:1160)

at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1200(Unknown Source:0)

at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(Unknown Source:703)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:21)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:208)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:107)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:274)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: You cannot keep your settings in the secure settings.

at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:57)

at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(Unknown Source:11)

at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.call(Unknown Source:33)

at android.provider.Settings$NameValueCache.putStringForUser(Unknown Source:43)

at android.provider.Settings$System.putStringForUser(Unknown Source:69)

at android.provider.Settings$System.putIntForUser(Unknown Source:4)

at android.provider.Settings$System.putInt(Unknown Source:4)

at com.miui.personalassistant.util.ExtraSettings$System.putInt(Unknown Source:0)

at com.miui.personalassistant.util.ExtraSettings$System.putBoolean(Unknown Source:0)

at com.miui.personalassistant.util.PAPreference.setBoolean(Unknown Source:8)

at com.miui.personalassistant.util.CompatUtil.encryptOldPaymentData(Unknown Source:63)

at com.miui.personalassistant.payment.provider.PaymentProvider.onCreate(Unknown Source:11)

at android.content.ContentProvider.attachInfo(Unknown Source:70)

at android.content.ContentProvider.attachInfo(Unknown Source:1)

at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(Unknown Source:247)

... 10 more
Redmi Note 6 Pro - 9.4.25(TWRP3.3.0-1+Dirty flash)
OK Google working well, thanks!
Bugs:
Redmi Note 6 Pro seen as Mi Mix2s under google account my devices
Screen time app is only in english
MIUI App Vault/Quickcard still FC

POCO F1 here in 9.4.18.

The app permission in START in BACKGROUND cannot be change even whatever you tick or untick the boxes as soon as you go back.

Ok, ty for making the ok google, but it still doesn't work. I activated it now, but doesn't work. Can you try to fix it please? Last Xiaomi.Eu Xiaomi Mi9(9.5.1). On miui it was working. It doesn't pop up, and not even when I open google app, when I say ok google it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot for the implementation of DC backlight dimming! I have one issue (which I already faced before it was implemented when I activated it manually in build.prop):
With DC dimming activated, automatic brightness seems to change depending on the content shown (showing dark content, switching on DC dimming, changing to bright/white content without external lighting changed, screen brightness goes higher), even if the ambient brightness doesn't change. This results in frequent screen brightness changes and very often a too bright setting.
Mi 9 with xiaomi.eu 9.5.1
Maybe you can reproduce this behavior, DC dimming sounds like a nice feature and I would be happy to see it fully functional and using it... Thanks a lot for your great work

great to see for [9.4.25]:
[ ] Bluetooth: Cannot be switched on after being switched off for some devices.

finally this problem is being acknowledged! It's bugging us for more than half a year, since the very first version of MIUI10. It's no problem in the Chinese ROMs I have checked, nor was it a problem EVER in MIUI 9 (also on EU ROMs).

Reactions: ulsa
Hello, I've found a bug when alarm sounds.
It doesnt appears at lock screen, i have to click on notification bar and shut it down.

I have Mi 6X and Version 9.4.25.

Thanks a lot for the implementation of DC backlight dimming! I have one issue (which I already faced before it was implemented when I activated it manually in build.prop):
With DC dimming activated, automatic brightness seems to change depending on the content shown (showing dark content, switching on DC dimming, changing to bright/white content without external lighting changed, screen brightness goes higher), even if the ambient brightness doesn't change. This results in frequent screen brightness changes and very often a too bright setting.
Mi 9 with xiaomi.eu 9.5.1
Maybe you can reproduce this behavior, DC dimming sounds like a nice feature and I would be happy to see it fully functional and using it... Thanks a lot for your great work
Where did you find 9.5.1?

Since Android 9.0 came, *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* hasn't worked. That is to say, when I open it, camera mark is shown and that's how it stays.

It seems that in latest version for mi9 se (9.5.9) battery does not last as long as on former version

Hello.I have a problem with my Mi 8 SE.
I have 16 mgbt iss.I am getting 12 mgbts on my Mi 8 SE but when downloading or watching something internet is so slow.(not any speed drop but slow ineternet)

On another phone downloading or something else is better compared to Mi 8 SE.

What is the problem? Can you help me please.

edit.
While I was downloading Pubg look that connectiong speed right of the corner :/
6a4Xm9.png

Last edited:
Xiaomi.eu, 9.5.23, Mi 9

Bug: fingerprint reader does not activate with screen off.

Solution: change option under lock screen "when notifications come and screen is off" to wake screen.

If "animation" is selected then fingerprint does not activate.

Reactions: Hexxer
Xiaomi.eu, 9.5.23, Mi 9

Bug: fingerprint reader does not activate with screen off.

Solution: change option under lock screen "when notifications come and screen is off" to wake screen.

If "animation" is selected then fingerprint does not activate.
If have exact the same problem. But downgrade also dosent work. I guess thee is one file new that wont change in the old version.

Following bugs appear in Mi 9 ROM 9.5.9, 9.5.16 and in latest 9.5.23:

1. If you have a themed batteryicon and using e.g. youtube in landscape, the batteryicon resets to stock. when reapplying theme, its themend until u use landscape mode again.

2. Charging and fastcharging in lockscreen is not translated into german language.

3. when applying a theme, system says it needs to restart to set font but there is no custom font in theme.

4: batteryicon is not themend in AOD.. worked wonderful on roms before! its not a theme issue, tested several other themes, all same.

Xiaomi.eu, 9.5.23, Mi 9

These are my bugs / issues:
  1. Android for work Play store doesn't download apps. It stays on the download status forever. When an app is installed in the normal profile it will add the app to the work profile when you install it. Global rom has more issues.
  2. FP sensor does not work with the screen off and no wake on notifications. Works fine on the global rom
  3. Android Wear app cannot mute the phone. This works fine on other phones. Does not work on the global rom also.

Mi6 Bug

1. Top Speaker Volume is very low when making a call. Compared to using Stock Global Rom, The Weekly build volumes seems low, even at 100% volume.

Last edited:
With Android Pie and 9.5.30 on my Mi Note 3 ("Jason"), finally the Bluetooth bug is fixed.
I don't know whether the fix is because of a new driver in Pie, or because of an improvement in MIUI, but in the end this doesn't matter. The Jason feels like a new device in this way!

Hi I ran into a weird bug.
My network connection is sometimes down till I restart or force stop the Qualcomm telephony service.
It's not totally down. Only for browser, all Google apps... What's app is working fine except downloading images and videos.