[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

Hello,

Device: MI 8 (dipper)
Version: MIUI 11.1 (9.12.12)

I'm still having a issue where during phone calls (claims they hear a buzzing or muffled sound), the recipient cannot hear me until I enable speaker mode. I have to do this on every reboot of the phone.

I have tried doing a clean install without root (which I already did, so thought something went wrong during flash), tried older MIUI 11 betas, tried TWRP by WZSX150 (was using OrangeFox Recovery). Even doing a fastboot clean install does not work. I tested with no apps being installed and with just built in apps, and that did not work.

Going back to MIUI 10 (stable or beta) fixes the issue. But I finally got MIUI 11 working by fastboot flashing global stable V11.0.6.0.PEAMIXM and then dirty flashing MIUI 11 beta (9.11.28) over it.

Now as of writing this, the issue came back while I was still on MIUI 11 (9.11.28) a week ago. I hoped that MIUI 11 (9.12.12) would fix the issue but it did not. I have not tried 9.12.19 yet, but I think it most likely won't fix the issue. I do have Magisk v20 canary (stable don't give root permission for some reason) installed on my phone with only these modules ("auto brightness fix" and "systemless host"), but it was working fine and caused no issue with call audio during calls. Not sure what's causing this if it works fine on MIUI 10, so it can't be a device issue, right?

Last edited:
RedMi K20 Pro Call recording quality is really bad. There is no settings for that, 1 minute duration recording have 60kb file size, which is too low for voice records.
Are there any place or any way to change call recording quality setting? My wife has the same miui version in her mi6 the call record quality is fine.

Miui version : 11.0.5.0 QFKCNXM (Stable)
Thanks for your efforts

RedMi K20 Pro Call recording quality is really bad. There is no settings for that, 1 minute duration recording have 60kb file size, which is too low for voice records.
Are there any place or any way to change call recording quality setting? My wife has the same miui version in her mi6 the call record quality is fine.

Miui version : 11.0.5.0 QFKCNXM (Stable)
Thanks for your efforts
Did you check this:

ee0fe7782f69aba29ad90fa2fd00a7fc.jpg

Could be related.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Did you check this:

ee0fe7782f69aba29ad90fa2fd00a7fc.jpg

Could be related.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply. I tried it before, this settings only effect environment recording.
As I know call recorder is a part of dialer application. If I can find and reinstall dialer application maybe I can fix it.

On my Mi8 (9.12.26), the AOD with vertical clock, the charging Symbol doesn't work. On horizontal clock, works fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20191227_162124.jpg
    IMG_20191227_162124.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 380
  • IMG_20191227_161302.jpg
    IMG_20191227_161302.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 383
Mi 8
After installing the version 9.12.26/27 the voice call under bluetooth in may car doesn't work. It's impossible to ear the voice during call, instead if I use Media function to play music everything work well.

Now I've installed the versione 20.1.2/4 but the issue still remain the same.

In the version 9.12.19 everything works well. Please can you confirm me that I can re-install this version?

Thanks
Antonio

Mi Mix 3 (Perseus)
Stable 11.0.1.0 Android 10

1. The notification led sometime light up even though there are no notification.

2. The quick ball doesn't disable automatically in some specific situation so i cannot select something on screen, for example when a website in chrome prompt to allow or block notification, i cannot select block because of quickball overlay draw on top.

3. Facebook notifications not showing fully, some part had been cut out. This occur since MIUI 11.0.4.0 android 9.

Last edited:
Mi9 camera apps seem to be got problem after upgrade to 20.1.4, camera apps keeps stopping. After clear data for camera, it will works first time you open it but once close the camera app & open back, it will not open again & come out "camera keeps stopping" error.

good news, there is a work around, try to lock the camera apps in memory then the camera will work after close.

Last edited:
Mi Mix 3 (Perseus)
Stable 11.0.1.0 Android 10

1. The notification led sometime light up even though there are no notification.

2. The quick ball doesn't disable automatically in some specific situation so i cannot select something on screen, for example when a website in chrome prompt to allow or block notification, i cannot select block because of quickball overlay draw on top.

3. Facebook notifications not showing fully, some part had been cut out. This occur since MIUI 11.0.4.0 android 9.
1. No idea about the LED issue, first time I'm hearing this, but we don't have control over hardware behavior.
2. Not possible, the blocking is done on Chrome's side. There is no way to detect when the Quick ball should be hidden as it cannot directly interact with third-party apps.
3. We can't fix the way Facebook chose to display their notifications. If it doesn't show properly, it might not adhere to design standards.

Few bugs on ROM 11.2 release 9.1.20

- Call recorder is not recording automatically calls (need to choose it manually before the call start)
- Fingerprint scanner is not working (see attached screenshot)
- Setting keep stopping randomly and do not allow to enter to some of the features (see attached screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-12-08-55-09-213_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-12-08-55-09-213_com.android.settings.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 401
  • Screenshot_2020-01-12-08-56-17-011_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-12-08-56-17-011_com.android.settings.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 389

- Call recorder is not recording automatically calls (need to choose it manually before the call start)
- Setting keep stopping randomly and do not allow to enter to some of the features (see attached screenshot)
9.1.20? Huh?
Anyway, if Settings crashes, instead of showing us the crash dialog screenshot (useless) you should have attached the crash summary screenshot.

• Haha
Reactions: trahzebuck
On my Mi9 lite I am not able to cast the screen to my LG TV.

Already tried to delete data from cast app but no difference.

The mi9 lite will find the TV and is also trying to establish a connection but after a few seconds it fails.

My Mi8 lite is working fine with the same TV.

Both phones are on Android 10.
Mi9 lite is on Miui 11.2
Mi8 lite is on Miui 11.1

Anyone an idea what I can do? Thanks a lot.

9.1.20? Huh?
Anyway, if Settings crashes, instead of showing us the crash dialog screenshot (useless) you should have attached the crash summary screenshot.

Hi @ Igor Eisberg,

I'm new here and in this all thing of flashing ROM so if you can point me how to create the crash summary I'll be happy to do so in order to help anyway I can

Hi @ Igor Eisberg,

I'm new here and in this all thing of flashing ROM so if you can point me how to create the crash summary I'll be happy to do so in order to help anyway I can
You click the "View summary" link and take a screenshot, or copy the text...

Reactions: Eladco
You click the "View summary" link and take a screenshot, or copy the text...

Tnx for the clarification and the help. Please see the attached screenshot of the crash summary and if anything else needed let me know

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-12-18-35-33-476_com.miui.bugreport.png
    Screenshot_2020-01-12-18-35-33-476_com.miui.bugreport.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 471
Tnx for the clarification and the help. Please see the attached screenshot of the crash summary and if anything else needed let me know
It's a rare but annoying glitch in MIUI, you can easily solve it:
1. Go to TWRP -> File Manager
2. Browse to: /data/system
3. Delete file "locksettings.db"
4. Reboot.

You will need to set the lock screen password/pattern again, if you had any before.

Reactions: Eladco

- Is "Record calls automatically" enabled in Phone -> Settings -> Call recording?
- Does fingerprint work now?
- That one we've solved already.

Google calendar not showing Time for events or reminders.
Already tried, clear cache, clear all data. Uninstall, reinstall calendar..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-01-12-21-25-16-016_com.google.android.calendar.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-01-12-21-25-16-016_com.google.android.calendar.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 329