[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

If I first wake up the device and then unlock, there is a flickering on screen. If I directly unlock with fingerprint everything is normal in mi 8se with 20.6.4

MI 8 SE cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

If I first wake up the device and then unlock, there is a flickering on screen. If I directly unlock with fingerprint everything is normal in mi 8se with 20.6.4

No flickering either way here on my Mi 9T with 20.6.4. That suggests it is something that you have configured or installed that is causing the problem.

I'm having problems with the device's unlocking animations. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This has been happening since the first version of miui.eu on my mi 9.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Watched your video and tried to reproduce the problem on my Mi 9T running 20.6.4. And I can't. Unlocking animations work every single time on my Mi 9T, with fingerprint unlocking.

So it must be something you have configured or installed.

No flickering either way here on my Mi 9T with 20.6.4. That suggests it is something that you have configured or installed that is causing the problem.
Fresh installed in mi 8se. But you have a different device

Report it to your Russian translator, it's not xiaomi.eu issue
I am a translator into Russian. There is no way to shorten the title. And the title does not carry a special semantic load. Therefore, I asked about the possibility of replacing with something more useful.

Because, by example, the french translation is "Glissez vers le haut pour déverrouiller".

It's fully displayed if font size is "XS" (or "XXS" of course), but I personally prefer to use "S" size so it displays "Glissez vers le haut pour déverrou...".

Yes it's just a little cosmetic thing, not really important. ;)

Overlapping text when adding fingerprint (mi 8 lite)
726217669a1151eb2c0dee632a7942f9.jpg
efb0743274829a5f8369eb0f508ebf17.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

@Igor Eisberg, @ingbrzy
In the Russian-speaking community, xiaomi.eu is quite popular. As a translator into Russian, I am often asked about the possibility of introducing some functions. Many lack the ability to switch tracks by long pressing the volume keys when the screen is locked. Maybe this will be a good idea for future implementation?

TASKS Permissions MISSING, DavDroid, OpenTasks and other apps can't get those permissions because as it seems are missing on Xiaomi MIUI!!

I am a translator into Russian. There is no way to shorten the title. And the title does not carry a special semantic load. Therefore, I asked about the possibility of replacing with something more useful.
Where did you take that screenshot from?

@Igor Eisberg, @ingbrzy
In the Russian-speaking community, xiaomi.eu is quite popular. As a translator into Russian, I am often asked about the possibility of introducing some functions. Many lack the ability to switch tracks by long pressing the volume keys when the screen is locked. Maybe this will be a good idea for future implementation?
Unless you have a proof of concept code we can work with, we don't usually take feature requests. Our hands are full as it is maintaining the over 100 patches we already have.

Reactions: ethanbonehill
Where did you take that screenshot from?
I saw this screenshot on the mi-room portal in comments below. They implemented weather instead of the control center header.
There is a good advantage in the xiaomi.eu ROM - the "Allow access to quick settings while the device is locked" option with the Control center works correctly.
Many users of mi-room are outraged by the lack of this feature, which affects their security :)

Unless you have a proof of concept code we can work with, we don't usually take feature requests. Our hands are full as it is maintaining the over 100 patches we already have.
An example of the implementation of switching tracks with the volume keys on the locked screen can be found here.
The implementation can be downloaded here (google drive).

I saw this screenshot on the mi-room portal in comments below. They implemented weather instead of the control center header.
There is a good advantage in the xiaomi.eu ROM - the "Allow access to quick settings while the device is locked" option with the Control center works correctly.
Many users of mi-room are outraged by the lack of this feature, which affects their security :)
We are very touchy about the MiRoom subject. I wouldn't recommend mentioning those kanging piles of trash here again, including posting their screenshots.

Reactions: ethanbonehill
We are very touchy about the MiRoom subject. I wouldn't recommend mentioning those kanging piles of trash here again, including posting their screenshots.
I apologize. I am not their fan and try to make the translation for xiaomi.eu better than theirs as much as possible.

And I'm supposed to compare those packages with what exactly?...
As far as I understand, inside the archive there is additional source code for Settings.apk, service.jar, framework.jar
In addition, the archive contains files of the form "BEFORE" and "AFTER", comparing them we get the added source code, which must be added to the original file from ROM. Code from xxxxxHelper.smali, I think, could be changed and put in the lock screen settings.

One way or another, as an Android programmer, you will better understand the source code than me.

One way or another, as an Android programmer, you will better understand the source code than me.
Yeah I redacted my reply when I figured those were folders and not APKs and JARs. A lot of unnecessary stuff there, but our own variant can probably be done. Not a small project though.

Reactions: nik.shersh
Watched your video and tried to reproduce the problem on my Mi 9T running 20.6.4. And I can't. Unlocking animations work every single time on my Mi 9T, with fingerprint unlocking.

So it must be something you have configured or installed.
I do not know what else to do. I have tried to install another version of mi launcher, but it does not improve. I tried to install another custom rom miui and the same problem continues.