[INFO] Known Issues (Weekly) & FAQ

I tried everything to find a solution to the problem of lockscreen in which I can not activate and deactivate the mobile data if the theme I have has come up with something like that. I tried different official themes but the result is the same. I went from beta to stable with data format using first install script and the same problem, I switched from stable to beta again in vain, the problem persists. I sent an email to xiaomi with this problem and their answer was that once I use a custom rom I can't help it and they recommended me to use the official version.
I want to believe that Xiaomi has slowly started making fun of its own customers and future customers. I don't want their software variant because it has a lot of bugs.
I prefer custom in which their problems are eliminated by the developers. I don't know if in their official rom the users have this problem.
The fact that annoys me the most is that I didn't find anyone to test their official rom if they have this problem, who I asked said it was a bug as long as I use beta, but honestly stable is the same thing. In short, I do not blame anyone in this community. The only culprits are those who accept Xiaomi with all their flaws.

I tried everything to find a solution to the problem of lockscreen in which I can not activate and deactivate the mobile data if the theme I have has come up with something like that. I tried different official themes but the result is the same. I went from beta to stable with data format using first install script and the same problem, I switched from stable to beta again in vain, the problem persists. I sent an email to xiaomi with this problem and their answer was that once I use a custom rom I can't help it and they recommended me to use the official version.
I want to believe that Xiaomi has slowly started making fun of its own customers and future customers. I don't want their software variant because it has a lot of bugs.
I prefer custom in which their problems are eliminated by the developers. I don't know if in their official rom the users have this problem.
The fact that annoys me the most is that I didn't find anyone to test their official rom if they have this problem, who I asked said it was a bug as long as I use beta, but honestly stable is the same thing. In short, I do not blame anyone in this community. The only culprits are those who accept Xiaomi with all their flaws.
Whoever told you "once I use a custom rom I can't help it and they recommended me to use the official version" is a lazy idiot. This is not our ROM's fault and not even the theme designers' fault. Xiaomi's implementation for "Data" Action for MAML themes is broken. This is from class com.miui.maml.util.MobileDataUtils of MiuiSystemUI.apk from Android 12:
Code:
    public void enableMobileData(Context context, boolean enabled) {
        try {
            ConnectivityManager connectivityManager = (ConnectivityManager) context.getSystemService("connectivity");
            ReflectionHelper.invoke(connectivityManager.getClass(), connectivityManager, "setMobileDataEnabled", new Class[]{Boolean.TYPE}, Boolean.FALSE);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            Log.e("BaseMobileDataUtils", "Invoke | ConnectivityManager_enableMobileData() occur EXCEPTION: " + e.getMessage());
        }
    }

I checked as low as Android 8, there is no such function "setMobileDataEnabled" under the android.net.ConnectivityManager class. There's only "getMobileDataEnabled", but not a "set" method, so this call always fails. Also, this function was written in a way that it only disables mobile data, it can't enable it because argument "enabled" is not used and Boolean.FALSE is hardcoded. So this is completely Xiaomi's fault.

Whoever told you "once I use a custom rom I can't help it and they recommended me to use the official version" is a lazy idiot. This is not our ROM's fault and not even the theme designers' fault. Xiaomi's implementation for "Data" Action for MAML themes is broken. This is from class com.miui.maml.util.MobileDataUtils of MiuiSystemUI.apk from Android 12:
Code:
    public void enableMobileData(Context context, boolean enabled) {
        try {
            ConnectivityManager connectivityManager = (ConnectivityManager) context.getSystemService("connectivity");
            ReflectionHelper.invoke(connectivityManager.getClass(), connectivityManager, "setMobileDataEnabled", new Class[]{Boolean.TYPE}, Boolean.FALSE);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            Log.e("BaseMobileDataUtils", "Invoke | ConnectivityManager_enableMobileData() occur EXCEPTION: " + e.getMessage());
        }
    }

I checked as low as Android 8, there is no such function "setMobileDataEnabled" under the android.net.ConnectivityManager class. There's only "getMobileDataEnabled", but not a "set" method, so this call always fails. Also, this function was written in a way that it only disables mobile data, it can't enable it because argument "enabled" is not used and Boolean.FALSE is hardcoded. So this is completely Xiaomi's fault.
Thank you very much for your support and patience. Now i know that my device and rom are ok , and themes developers did they great job.
Feel sorry for xiaomi marketing trap propaganda.

good morning I have these bugs to report on my Poco F2 Pro with the latest version of the weekly. first of all I cannot click on the MIUI version otherwise the settings app crashes. then an error message appears constantly stating that updates keep interrupting. finally, after the last update, the "log in with the phone" function does not work. the attached error message appears.

87698c8370180ef0b179a94562bf6f29.jpg

6d600bfbfece8c5d7e9c375ec0f7cfcf.jpg

9b6b008e6e9c21332c399f1a42b2ce12.jpg

Inviato dal mio Redmi K30 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

good morning I have these bugs to report on my Poco F2 Pro with the latest version of the weekly. first of all I cannot click on the MIUI version otherwise the settings app crashes. then an error message appears constantly stating that updates keep interrupting.
I have the same problem, I was advised to clear the data of the "update" application, and it helps.

Reactions: damia
Hello, I would like to report another bug. In the "link to buttons" section, the "open google search" function does not work on any button to which it is assigned. Poco f2 pro with weekley 22.2.9

Hello. Since update to 13.0.5 and 13.0.9 clock alarm sometimes isn't working. Clear app data does not help. Anyone had it too?
Mi 11 pro

Hi,
@Igor Eisberg just want to report that opening spoiler that contains list of weekly bugs at the 1st post make the browser hang for couple of seconds. Tried it on Opera and Edge browser. Maybe because the list is too long.

Hi,
@Igor Eisberg just want to report that opening spoiler that contains list of weekly bugs at the 1st post make the browser hang for couple of seconds. Tried it on Opera and Edge browser. Maybe because the list is too long.
PC / Chrome browser = no problem.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2022-02-14 235116.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2022-02-14 235116.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 144
Opens instantly for me on PC (Edge), Mi 10 (Mi Browser) and even my old Mi 5 (Edge).
OK, idk why it always stop responding on Opera & edge browser on my mi note 10 but normal on Mi browser. Tested on my iPad safari and Edge browser is normal. Thanks for response anyway.

Hey all, I updated to MIUI 13.0.9 from 12.5 on my Mi 11 Ultra and I am facing the issue that links into apps do not work anymore.
For example a youtube link opens the browser on tap and not the youtube app. Same for reddit links and other apps.

I have already tried to fix the problem on my own by resetting the app preferences (Settings -> Apps -> Three dots -> Reset App Preferences) but that did not solve the issue. Is this a known bug or can someone help me troubleshoot this issue?

Edit: Opened bug post

Last edited:
I had this too and isn't a bug as such but it just reset the link preferences. Looks like the opening links menu has been changed recently and can't be toggled.

To fix, download an app called Hidden Settings for Miui (with screwdriver and wrench icon). Open it and go to manage applications, then click on YouTube for example and go to Open by default.

Here you should be able to toggle and add supported links for apps

Hey all, I updated to MIUI 13.0.9 from 12.5 on my Mi 11 Ultra and I am facing the issue that links into apps do not work anymore.
For example a youtube link opens the browser on tap and not the youtube app. Same for reddit links and other apps.

I have already tried to fix the problem on my own by resetting the app preferences (Settings -> Apps -> Three dots -> Reset App Preferences) but that did not solve the issue. Is this a known bug or can someone help me troubleshoot this issue?

Edit: Opened bug post

Last edited:
I had this too and isn't a bug as such but it just reset the link preferences. Looks like the opening links menu has been changed recently and can't be toggled.

To fix, download an app called Hidden Settings for Miui (with screwdriver one wrench icon). Open it and go to manage applications, then click on YouTube for example and go to Open by default.

Here you should be able to toggle and add supported links for apps
Thank you very much, that just fixed my problem!

Thank you very much, that just fixed my problem!
No problem. These were able to be toggled and changed in Miui normally a few weeks ago but one of the latest updates changed this menu. Most likely xiaomi themselves and not the EU team but who knows!

Such a small thing but makes so many things frustrating! Had to use this app to change from YouTube to YouTube Vanced and reddit web to Boost app.

Reactions: Will197 and sabifa
Hello.
I am using an mi 11 ultra with the latest weekly xiaomi.eu rom.
Since android 12 and muiu 13 i can not use my app Sky Ticket anymore..
The app Thinks i want to hdmi-stream the films/series i want to watch on the phone, to an device. I have now hdmi streaming adapter nothing.
Anybody have a fix for this?
I pay for this app nonthly and can not use it anymore on my phone.

Reactions: Michelemilan07
The Google Assistant is not working.
Poco F2 Pro with 22.2.19
Ok now working

Inviato dal mio Redmi K30 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey, guys. Can smbd explain what is it? I mean this gray&white dotes. They are only appear on A12, most often in GApps and GServices and also in Telegram and Yandex.Music. There weren't any problems in A11, so?

Attachments

• IMG_20220225_183858.jpg
    IMG_20220225_183858.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 169