Install Custom Rom

Nikola Broceta

Members
Mar 14, 2018
Hey guys,

I am a new XIAOMI user, I had apple 6s before. Now I have Xiaomi Redmi 4x 64gb 4gb RAM, Xiaomi pencil and I want to order MI laptop also.
I am totally in love with Xiaomi.

I want to improve my phone and I need some help. I tried to install a custom rom, to install pc suite or to update but I failed in every three things. First I tried to install PC suite and I got message that I have to update my phone. Than I have downloaded update files and tried to update, but then I got message that I can not use unofficial software. Custom ROM is Sci Fi for me for now.

If someone can help me (send me some instructions, or connect with team viewer...).

Thank you in advance!
Nick (from Serbia)

Reactions: Juvept
Hey guys,

I am a new XIAOMI user, I had apple 6s before. Now I have Xiaomi Redmi 4x 64gb 4gb RAM, Xiaomi pencil and I want to order MI laptop also.

I want to improve my phone and I need some help. I tried to install a custom rom, to install pc suite or to update but I failed in every three things. First I tried to install PC suite and I got message that I have to update my phone. Than I have downloaded update files and tried to update, but then I got message that I can not use unofficial software. Custom ROM is Sci Fi for me for now.

If someone can help me (send me some instructions, or connect with team viewer...).

Thank you in advance!
Nick (from Serbia)

First of all, create account on MIUI, apply to unlock (http://en.miui.com/unlock/) and wait for confirmation.

Second, while you wait for confirmation look and download for MiFlash Tool (http://en.miui.com/download.html) and MiUnlock Tool (http://en.miui.com/unlock/))

Third, after second point search for Redmi 4x codename and, download TWRP file (here: https://twrp.me/Devices/ or here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-3-8.43553/) and XIAOMI EU ROM FILE (here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-3-8.43553/)

And i have to exit, i will return later :(

I have applied for unlocking my phone.
Second I have opened the links that you sent me, do I download "STABLE ROM" or "DEVELOPER ROM" and do I need "FLASHING GUIDE"?

thank you!

Reactions: Juvept
I have applied for unlocking my phone.
Second I have opened the links that you sent me, do I download "STABLE ROM" or "DEVELOPER ROM" and do I need "FLASHING GUIDE"?

thank you!

Morning!

Please check if the ROM you are using at this moment its STABLE ROM or DEVELOPER ROM, because you will need DEVELOPER ROM on your equipment to unlock.

To see that you should go to DEFINITIONS -> ABOUT PHONE -> MIUI VERSION. On that you should check if it have something like this "MIUI 9 X.X.X.X.TEXT" you have STABLE ROM, and if it have something like this "MIUI 9 X.X.X" you have DEVELOPER ROM, and you will not need to change nothing to unlock your PHONE.

Reactions: Nikola Broceta
Hi,
once you receive the ok from Xiaomi you can proceed with the unlocking tool.
1. you need to associate yr phone with yr xiaomi account. Besides entering the data under the Mi Account Menu you need to unlock the "developer options" ( 7 times tipping/klicking on the "MIUI-Version" until it says you are a developer )
Now look under Developer Options ( Settings /system & device / Additional Settings / Developer options ) and look for OEM unlocking . Set it active.
2. now you can start the unlocking process by starting the Unlocking tool on yr PC
3. Put yr phone in fastboot mode by pressing Volume - and power on button at same time until you see the mi logo
4. Now connect yr phone with laptop/pc and start unlocking tool. Follow the instructions.
5. AGW it will tell you that yr phone is unlocked succesfully
It may happen that the tools says that the phone is not long enough registered and you may need to wait 48/72/XXX Hrs
Than you have to wait

Good luck

Morning!

Please check if the ROM you are using at this moment its STABLE ROM or DEVELOPER ROM, because you will need DEVELOPER ROM on your equipment to unlock.

To see that you should go to DEFINITIONS -> ABOUT PHONE -> MIUI VERSION. On that you should check if it have something like this "MIUI 9 X.X.X.X.TEXT" you have STABLE ROM, and if it have something like this "MIUI 9 X.X.X" you have DEVELOPER ROM, and you will not need to change nothing to unlock your PHONE.

Guys you are great! Thank you very much!

I did what you told me, MIUI version is "MIUI Global 9.2 Stabil 9.2.1.0(NCFMIEK)

It is STABLE ROM I suppose?

Hi,
once you receive the ok from Xiaomi you can proceed with the unlocking tool.
1. you need to associate yr phone with yr xiaomi account. Besides entering the data under the Mi Account Menu you need to unlock the "developer options" ( 7 times tipping/klicking on the "MIUI-Version" until it says you are a developer )
Now look under Developer Options ( Settings /system & device / Additional Settings / Developer options ) and look for OEM unlocking . Set it active.
2. now you can start the unlocking process by starting the Unlocking tool on yr PC
3. Put yr phone in fastboot mode by pressing Volume - and power on button at same time until you see the mi logo
4. Now connect yr phone with laptop/pc and start unlocking tool. Follow the instructions.
5. AGW it will tell you that yr phone is unlocked succesfully
It may happen that the tools says that the phone is not long enough registered and you may need to wait 48/72/XXX Hrs
Than you have to wait

Good luck

My friend Henning,

1. I did this (I am a developer)
2. I have downloaded unlock tool (miflash_unlock-en..zip, extracted it and started it
3. I have restarted phone in fastboot mode and in Main Menu there are 1. Reboot 2. Wipe Data and 3. Connect with MIAsisstant and MiFlash Unlock don't recognize phone. I have tried to select option 3. Connect with MiaAssistant but again I get picture of plugged phone but message NOT CONNECTED TO THE PHONE is still on the screen of computer

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much!
Nick

My friend Henning,

1. I did this (I am a developer)
2. I have downloaded unlock tool (miflash_unlock-en..zip, extracted it and started it
3. I have restarted phone in fastboot mode and in Main Menu there are 1. Reboot 2. Wipe Data and 3. Connect with MIAsisstant and MiFlash Unlock don't recognize phone. I have tried to select option 3. Connect with MiaAssistant but again I get picture of plugged phone but message NOT CONNECTED TO THE PHONE is still on the screen of computer

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much!
Nick

Hi,
if you see various options you are not in fast boot mode ( Volume down + Power on ) , with options visible you are in recovery mode ( Xiaomi style ). You need to see the little guy on the attached picture.
When writing "Volume - " I should have better mentioned "Volume down" :-(

For the rest you simply follow the instructions on the 1st page of the "MIUI weekly Rom releases" It's simple
Good luck

Attachments

• images.duckduckgo.com.jpeg
    images.duckduckgo.com.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 351
Sorry, my mistake.
I have started phone in bootloader mode (volume down + power) but when I plug it in, nothing is happening.
I launch miflash_unlock.exe, restart phone in bootloader mode, plug it in and nothing is happening. It does not "see" the phone at all.
Also when I start PC Suite and plug in the phone, it can not recognize it.

Sorry, my mistake.
I have started phone in bootloader mode (volume down + power) but when I plug it in, nothing is happening.
I launch miflash_unlock.exe, restart phone in bootloader mode, plug it in and nothing is happening. It does not "see" the phone at all.
Also when I start PC Suite and plug in the phone, it can not recognize it.

Hi,
so when you connect yr phone with your PC nothing at all happens ? The PC does not want to download / update USB Driver or something like that ? Normally you should see yr phone in the file manager as extra drive like an USB.
Does the phone show something like "conneted in charging mode" or "connected as MTP device"right after you plug the cable in ?
If not than there is something wrong with the USB connector of PC or the USB cable
Pls check

Hey guys,

Thank you in advance!
Nick (from Serbia)

PC suite has been discontinued by Xiaomi, does not work at all with newer Xiaomi phones.

Hi,
so when you connect yr phone with your PC nothing at all happens ? The PC does not want to download / update USB Driver or something like that ? Normally you should see yr phone in the file manager as extra drive like an USB.
Does the phone show something like "conneted in charging mode" or "connected as MTP device"right after you plug the cable in ?
If not than there is something wrong with the USB connector of PC or the USB cable
Pls check
When I connect my phone with PC I can explore files and Yes I have three options on my phone (charge, transfer files or photos) but PC suite don't see it and when I want to unlock it and start in bootloader mode, the unlock software does not see it at all.

Послато са Redmi Note 4 уз помоћ Тапатока

Good morning,
maybe stupid question : when you start the unlock software you logged in with the same credentials as entered on the phone ?
1st start Unlock program
2nd enter Mi account
3rd connect yr phone when in Fastboot Mode

If it still not connect to yr phone try switching on USB Debugging in the Developer options and try again

Good morning,
maybe stupid question : when you start the unlock software you logged in with the same credentials as entered on the phone ?
1st start Unlock program
2nd enter Mi account
3rd connect yr phone when in Fastboot Mode

If it still not connect to yr phone try switching on USB Debugging in the Developer options and try again

Thank you very much! You had right, I had one account on my phone and other on my PC. It was successful, the phone is unlocked!!!

Good to hear, now you can start with the second part. TWRP & Xiaomi.eu Custom rom.
But be carefull to download and use the correct ones.
I always use the method with adb & fastboot. It's pretty fast and works well.
For the rest you simply follow the instructions on the 1st page of the "MIUI weekly Rom releases" It's simple
( http://en.miui.com/thread-135660-1-1.html )