Install Google Play Store & YouTube on MiTV 2 (need root)

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by R. K. G., Jan 17, 2015.

1. R. K. G.

R. K. G.Members

Sep 23, 2013
    Male
    Tried lots of steps spread around here in forums but nothing seems working for me. So here are steps I did in order to install Play Store and YouTube on my MiTV 2:
    1. Install "谷歌安装器.apk" (download from here: http://app.mi.com/detail/72142)
    2. Run the 谷歌安装器 after installing and run the checks (remember everything is in Chinese, just click central one), you have to use mouse, remote controller is of no use here.
    3. Click the bottom to download required files.
    4. Different apps (all are in Chinese again) during this ask root permissions, just provide them.
    5. After finishing installing apps TV will reboot.
    6. Now Play Store is there and working with charm.
    7. For YouTube, just install apk from Play Store.

2. Download APK now. Will try.

I have Youtube APK installed manually, but always end up being 360p quality. Can't choose HD.

How is your Youtube working?

izudeen likes this.
  3. R. K. G.

R. K. G.Members

Sep 23, 2013
    Male
    Mine is upto 720p.

4. TrungTD

TrungTDMembers

Jun 20, 2014
    Male
    #4TrungTD,Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    I did following but don't install Google Play Store. Help me!

5. jenicekk

jenicekkMembers

Jul 15, 2011
    You tube only 360p, any solution for this

Odesláno z Minote 64GB

6. spink123

spink123Members

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    #6spink123,Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Hi all, sorry I am a newbie here. I have downloaded the recommended apks into a USB thumb drive. However, I could not find the option to locate the USB drive to install the apks. I have the Xiaomi TV 2 55" firmware 1.1.70.

I saw in the youtube videos that others could access the videos here but this is what I see now at the settings:

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

Please advise, thank you.

7. R. K. G.

R. K. G.Members

Sep 23, 2013
    Male
    It should be under video player, go there and you'll find your USB drive. For installing APKs you don't need to have root on your TV. Is your TV 3D one? Coz I don't see anything mentioning about 3D on their webpage.

8. spink123

spink123Members

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    thanks, managed to install various apks and rooted the tv. Mine is a 55" and it doesnt support 3D.

I tried your method to install Google Play Store but in vain. I could not find "谷歌安装器.apk" when I searched with the link that you provided. Is there another link that you can provide to download the apk?

9. spink123

spink123Members

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Thanks, I managed to install Google Play Store. However, when I launch the app it says "Check your connection and try again".

I am very sure that my wifi connection is working as I could watch some stream movies and youtube as well. Any idea what could be the cause of this?

10. R. K. G.

R. K. G.Members

Sep 23, 2013
    Male
    I had success at once with this procedure. You may want to do it again after uninstalling everything you installed. Hope this helps.

11. spink123

spink123Members

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    tried to reset and deleted everything and did a fresh installation of Google Play Store, unfortunately it still says "Check and connection and try again."

Tried everything I could find online like delete the host file, using VPN app etc but still cannot get it to work =(

12. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Uninstall all 4 google apps then reinstall. Before you run any of these apps, use any widely available app to make them System Apps, starting with google framework, google services and playstore lastly. Reboot your system and try playstore. You may need app market helper to masquerade as another device that playstore recognizes.

edzme likes this.
  13. spink123

spink123Members

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Hi miboy, thanks for the reply. Could you elaborate on which app to use and how to make them System Apps? Also how do I use app market helper to masquerade as another device that playstore recognizes? Thanks

14. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    I am not much for spoonfeeding. You seem to have a good grasp of English. Exercise some personal initiative, you may actually learn a few useful things along the way.....

Share Our Site