Install updates without wiping Mi 10 Pro

sarichter

Members
Nov 11, 2020
I could not find a good install brief that described the steps needed to take to flash security updates on my phone without wiping my phone (I really don't feel like setting it all back up again).
I know the version of the ROM that is currently installed QJAEUXM, I have found the archive site for all of the downloads for this phone, but I'm not entirely sure why there is select downloads for ROM and firmware, nor am I sure why some state fastboot versus recovery. In my experience, either method could be used to install updates/ROMs.

Do I need to sequentially install updates or can I update an entire ROM and not run into many issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

when you are on xiaomi,eu weekly, you can dirty flash next week release.
When you are on stable, you can dirty flash next stable.

But you cant dirty flash stable to weekly or weekly to stable!!

Reactions: Poney70
when you are on xiaomi,eu weekly, you can dirty flash next week release.
When you are on stable, you can dirty flash next stable.

But you cant dirty flash stable to weekly or weekly to stable!!

Thank you. It turns out that it's not as simple as that. I was on MIUI 11 Stable and I inadvertently tried upgrading to MIUI 12 Stable. I had to format/wipe/restart/wipe/root/wipe/power down/power on to get it to run. Unfortunately, I was too focused on the android version and didn't realize that MIUI version was different.

Good news is I was able to upgrade to MIUI 12.
The bad news is I lost my passing Safety Net and use of Google Pay.

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get Safety Net working on a MIUI 12 stock EEA rom yet. I see mixed commentary, but with no detail or actionable instructions.

Thank you. It turns out that it's not as simple as that. I was on MIUI 11 Stable and I inadvertently tried upgrading to MIUI 12 Stable. I had to format/wipe/restart/wipe/root/wipe/power down/power on to get it to run. Unfortunately, I was too focused on the android version and didn't realize that MIUI version was different.

Good news is I was able to upgrade to MIUI 12.
The bad news is I lost my passing Safety Net and use of Google Pay.

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to get Safety Net working on a MIUI 12 stock EEA rom yet. I see mixed commentary, but with no detail or actionable instructions.
You have unlocked bootloader?

Reactions: Poney70
look on this but you need Magisk and a few modules installed, via magisk manager.
Thanks. It turns out I figured it and got Safety Net passing and Google Pay working. It's crazy that clearing some data and sequence can create an entirely different result