Installing latest firmware deleted everything

filoppan

Members
Aug 25, 2021
Hello,
I just downloaded latest xiaomi.eu firmware for my m11 ultra, entered twrp, I swiped to install the .zip and when it was finished (succesfully) and tried to reboot to system, twrp said that there is no OS installed and everything was deleted.

I didn't select wipe dalvik and all that!

And why is it that every I access twrp, the language is always Chinese, even though I always select english?

How can something like this happen out of nowhere? I really wanna cry.
Any ways I can recover everything/anything??

Hello,
I just downloaded latest xiaomi.eu firmware for my m11 ultra, entered twrp, I swiped to install the .zip and when it was finished (succesfully) and tried to reboot to system, twrp said that there is no OS installed and everything was deleted.

I didn't select wipe dalvik and all that!

And why is it that every I access twrp, the language is always Chinese, even though I always select english?

How can something like this happen out of nowhere? I really wanna cry.
Any ways I can recover everything/anything??
Which one did you use? Weekly or stable?

weekly A12 twrp is not working stable A11 at this time and twrp should work. write in detail which version do you have installed, if you changed from stable to weekly, is it the first time you have installed xiaomi.eu rom and what you did to install it

weekly A12 twrp is not working stable A11 at this time and twrp should work. write in detail which version do you have installed, if you changed from stable to weekly, is it the first time you have installed xiaomi.eu rom and what you did to install it

Hello @katerpanne ,

Unfortunately, I don't know by heart the version I had, it was the stable 12.5.xxx though. I was upgrading to the latest one. First time installation (?), xiaomi.eu was installed by the place I bought the phone.
It was the second time that I initiated a version update, first time (which I did the same steps) worked just fine.

Hello @katerpanne ,

Unfortunately, I don't know by heart the version I had, it was the stable 12.5.xxx though. I was upgrading to the latest one. First time installation (?), xiaomi.eu was installed by the place I bought the phone.
It was the second time that I initiated a version update, first time (which I did the same steps) worked just fine.
which steps? if you want help then its up to you to answer the questions. we are not in the kindergarden. I wanted to help you. its not up to me to chat with you…

its the first time that an update deleted everything.,, so there must be something what you did..

Reactions: JiaiJ
which steps? if you want help then its up to you to answer the questions. we are not in the kindergarden. I wanted to help you. its not up to me to chat with you…

its the first time that an update deleted everything.,, so there must be something what you did..
Hi @katerpanne ,

please, you don't have to be so aggressive. It's not like I don't appreciate your help, but you also need to consider that I might be new and don't know how to maybe properly address everything.

The steps were:
1. updater app
2. Download latest version
3. Rebooted to twrp after prompt
4. navigated to data/something to find the .zip
5. select .zip
6. install
No wipe anything, or delete anything data related or anything else.
In the logs, everything went fine, I got the "succesfully installed" or something similar.
7. Tapped on Reboot to System
Then I got the message about no OS is installed, are you sure you want to reboot?
And checking the folders, everything was empty, 0MB

Thank you.

Hi @katerpanne ,

please, you don't have to be so aggressive. It's not like I don't appreciate your help, but you also need to consider that I might be new and don't know how to maybe properly address everything.

The steps were:
1. updater app
3. Rebooted to twrp after prompt (PIN input for decrypting the drive)
5. select .zip
6. install
In the logs, everything went fine, I got the "succesfully installed" or something similar.
Then I got the message about no OS is installed, are you sure you want to reboot?

Thank you.

Hi @katerpanne ,

The steps were:
1. updater app
3. Rebooted to twrp after prompt
5. select .zip
6. install

Thank you.
Hello,

on a first view it looks good. Some questions...

What do you mean with "downloaded latest xiaomi.eu firmware ?

- For mi11 ultra" the newest weekly rom is a fastboot rom A12, you have to flash it with fastboot not with twrp
- Or do you mean the
latest stable rom A11 that can be flashed with twrp ?

Enter / boot twrp, please go to -> advanced -> copy log -> to sdcard -> and post the log as attachment (perhaps the relevant entries are there)

If the partitions are deleted you can only recovery from a backup ....

thx

Hello,

on a first view it looks good. Some questions...

What do you mean with "downloaded latest xiaomi.eu firmware ?

- For mi11 ultra" the newest weekly rom is a fastboot rom A12, you have to flash it with fastboot not with twrp
- Or do you mean the
latest stable rom A11 that can be flashed with twrp ?

Enter / boot twrp, please go to -> advanced -> copy log -> to sdcard -> and post the log as attachment (perhaps the relevant entries are there)

If the partitions are deleted you can only recovery from a backup ....

thx
Hello @katerpanne,
On the updater app, I got a notification about a newer version (Stable 12.5.xyz), which I was prompted to download. Once this was downloaded, I clicked on "reboot to twrp and install" (or something similar).

One initial step that I forgot to mention is, by accessing twrp I was asked to input my phone's PIN to decrypt the disk. I did, but as twrp is always in chinese, I don't know if I chose "OK" or "cancel" (I presume these should be the two options). But, on the other hand, if I clicked cancel, I wouldn't think I would be able to continue with any installation or accessing the disk's folders.

Even though I have already installed xiaomi.eu from scratch, I will have a look and try to upload all relevant logs here.

Last edited:
Reactions: katerpanne