Installing the HTC One X (Required S-ON Steps)

Discussion in 'HTC One X' started by iBotPeaches, May 16, 2012.

1. iBotPeaches

iBotPeaches Script Gatekeeper Staff Member

Required steps for MIUI v4 on HTC One X

Due to the problems with HTC, their HTC One series devices have S-ON, which means you cannot flash a boot image during recovery. This is an essiential part of the ROM, so you must flash the boot.img a different way until this is fixed.

GU5TAF has taken the boot.img out of the ROM and made a helper ZIP which you simply plug your phone into computer and run the script pertaining to your computer. Tutorial below.

1. Boot into recovery and make a Nanddroid backup.
      • Please take a backup. So you can restore if needed.
    2. Download the ROM (updated link in this topic )
    3. Download the boot.img flasher (links below)
    4. Boot to Bootloader (hold vol down & power during boot)
      • Or run "adb reboot bootloader" while connected via USB
    5. Make sure your One X displays "fastboot usb" at the header of the fastboot screen.
    6. Extract the boot.img flasher zip you downloaded in step 2 anywhere on your PC & run the script relating to your OS (windows, linux or mac)
    7. Press the power button once, click volume down, highlight recovery & press power (This will take you to recovery)
    8. Flash the downloaded ROM via recovery normally.
    9. Reboot
    10. Enjoy MIUI!
    Tutorial thanks to GU5TAF

Huyền Thu and rikardo1979 like this.
  2. Raadius

Raadius Members

So let me get this straight, I just have to be rooted (still have a locked bootloader) and I can flash this on my AT&T One X?

Huyền Thu likes this.
  3. iBotPeaches

This has nothing to do with the AT&T One X. This is for the upcoming GSM HTC One X release. Since its S-ON, you need these options to flash the boot.img correctly.

4. Ratul

Ratul Members

I cant find the OneX ROM in the link in Step 2, there are five devices link and HTC OneX is not in them. help anyone?

thanks

5. iBotPeaches

The ROM is released this Friday. We just wrote the documentation before hand, since we've been testing the beta roms.

6. tungdoan

tungdoan Members

If I'm using Miui Beta version for One X, so do I need to do above steps or just copy it to the root of sd card and flash?

7. iBotPeaches

If you used the beta. The boot.img did not change. So simply flash the ROM in recovery and your done.

8. Shyam Sasindran

Shyam Sasindran Members

Flashed looks awesome. Thanks MIUI Team.

9. lekzzz

lekzzz Members

Does anybody know how the camera is (like picture quality etc.)? I'm so satisfied about the HTC One X camera and I don't want it to be worse after installing MIUI.

10. benjamin336

benjamin336 Members

I believe MIUI uses the HTC camera, pictures are still great.

lekzzz likes this.
  11. Anthony Rosati

Anthony Rosati Members

hi, I followed the instructions above, and did all that is required to change the rom on my HTC One X and still have a miui logo and just sits there, very long time.
    - bootloader unlocked
    - rooted
    and it's an HTC One X international
    How long do I have to wait and am I missing something? thanks in advance for any help.

12. iBotPeaches

First boot should take anywhere from 2 minutes to 5 minutes. If its still looping, did the boot.img correctly flash? Like did fastboot confirm it was flash?

13. Anthony Rosati

Anthony Rosati Members

hmm 2 - 5 mins - may not be the time i waited.
    fastboot flash was successful - no errors.
    I will try it one more time and time it (up to 5 mins) if it fails again I'll just restore to previous. Thanks

14. Anthony Rosati

Anthony Rosati Members

same thing ... sitting at the MI logo xiaomi.com - been more than 8 mins now ... going to wait another little bit and then restore.

15. iBotPeaches

Run "adb logcat > log.txt". Post that log.txt here.

16. Anthony Rosati

Anthony Rosati Members

ack just restoring ... will that log.txt still be valid or do i have to run the rom again and then adb logcat > log.txt ?

17. iBotPeaches

Restoring will mess up that logcat. So don't worry. Lets just try tomorrow when the new ROM is pushed.

18. Anthony Rosati

Anthony Rosati Members

oki, sounds like a plan. thanks

19. Lamaan Mohamed

Lamaan Mohamed Members

the update of today doesn't boot up? i nearly downloaded 65% and does Miui v4 allow sim pin? i am installing miui v4 for the first time and some ported roms of miui for other devices doesn't allow sim pin.

20. Lamaan Mohamed

Lamaan Mohamed Members

Okey I'm sorry i just referred to the time of the previous posts and seems like they were posted by the user before the today's update was released. Can anyone tell me about sim pin on MIUI v4?

Share Our Site