International Mi Box - 4k Tv, Netflix Audio Sync Issues + Colors Problem

Sep 17, 2015
Hi all,

Until about 2 weeks ago I had a 720p TV and all worked great.
I got a new 4K TV and that's when issues started.
Mi Box is set to 4K 60, connected to TV with HDMI and an optical cable from TV to receiver.

Issue 1 - audio-video sync issue
Using Netflix, I get audio-video sync issues. The thing is that the delay is not consistent.
Sometimes it works without sync issues, on other times there is a slight delay, then on another try, a bigger delay.
Any ideas? Maybe trying other refresh rate? Maybe disable auto refresh rate?
Really lost in what I can try.

Issue 2 - If I enable Deep Color Mode I see a difference in colors, but the option keeps getting switched off.
When it is off, the colors seems pale. Should there be a difference? I read that for most people there is no difference.

Thanks!
Asaf

Jul 12, 2017
I've got same issue but using FullHD video in Netflix. Anyone can help with that sync issue?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2015
Were you able to sort it out?
What I noticed is that is the Mi Box is connected with HDMI to my receiver and from the receiver HDMI to the TV, no sync issues.
If the Mi Box is connected to the TV with HDMI and an optical cable from TV to receiver then if I pause/FF etc, the audio and video lose sync.

Sep 17, 2015
This is depressing, for now I gave up on 4K and I connect the mi box with HDMI to my old receiver that do not support 4K and from that to the TV, no issues when I do it.

oerli

Members
Jul 14, 2017
You can connect mi box with spdif to receiver. This setup works for me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion.
I know it will sound weird, and I haven't seen any complains about it, and it doesn't make sense, but when I try to use Mini SPDIF to the receiver and set the Mi Box to SPDIF, streaming in Netflix starts failing for me. I try 4K shows and the loading usually stays on 25% and nothing happens.

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but I tried it again and again and again and this is what I see.
When I switch back to HDMI and reset the device, things are working again.

Sep 17, 2015
oerli, I just saw in a seperate thread that you mention that "I have 2 mi boxes which do not play netflix 4k, still investigating."
Any chance you have the same issue I saw, that 4K streaming fails for me when the MiBox outputs SPDIF?
Can you try to set the audio to HDMI, remove the SPDIF, remove the power cord, connect it again and try?

oerli

Members
Jul 14, 2017
I just thought to mention spdif because it works for me. My TV is the problem apparently, so I cannot do 4k Netflix. I will try the splitter option.

oerli

Members
Jul 14, 2017
HDMI made no change, Netflix HD only, sound over spdif works fine.

Feb 13, 2018
Deep color mode activate the BT2020 10 bits output. Without deep color, the output is only in rec 709 8 bits.
I think, the color decoding of the Xiaomi is broken. Because activating deep color, oversaturate colors on SDR contents.
The Xiaomi is not actually capable to auto switch between rec 709 and BT2020 when the content is in BT2020. Another issue...
Now i keep the Xiaomi only for Molotov TV and MyCanal and hoping the release of Oreo.
For Netflix or Amazon, I prefer using my Xbox or TV.
The Xiaomi is more and more useless for me...

Nov 19, 2017
I have the same audio issue on Netflix. You'll be waiting forever to get a fix. It is quite clear that Xiaomi has dropped support for this product. Shame on them!!!

Mar 9, 2017
Were you able to sort it out?
What I noticed is that is the Mi Box is connected with HDMI to my receiver and from the receiver HDMI to the TV, no sync issues.
If the Mi Box is connected to the TV with HDMI and an optical cable from TV to receiver then if I pause/FF etc, the audio and video lose sync.
Same as my mi box 3.
I will try hdmi to tv and spdif to receiver setup. I hope it works normally.

Jun 25, 2018
Did you tried what Armando M. commented?

"Go to Device - About - click multiple times on Build until you unlock Developer options - General - change Hdmi optimization to Best Framerate. That's it, it will restart and it will be fixed."