Is 12S Ultra rattling sound normal?

Syncopated

Members
Apr 20, 2019
I recently started noticing that my 12S Ultra makes a rattling sound when I shake it even lightly. The sound seems to be coming from the upper half of the phone, perhaps somewhere in the region of the camera. I don't recall hearing the rattling when I first got the phone when it was still running stock ROM, but this could be because I just didn't notice. I have dropped the unprotected phone once from around 70cm onto somewhat-soft flooring (not concrete, roughly as soft as wood).

I get the rattling sounds even when the camera app is running and even when I am recording a video. The photos and videos taken seem normal, though.

Is this rattling normal? Do you get a rattling sound with your 12S Ultra phones also? Also, it would be good to know this for both stock & xiaomi.eu ROMs, to be sure whether it has anything to do with the xiaomi.eu ROM just in case.

gogocar62

Members
Apr 22, 2021
It is normal. It is issued by the lens of every camera with (AF)+(OIS) , which moves freely when it is not active. When active, it moves in a magnetic field.

Last edited: