Is It Worth To Buy Mi4 Wcdma?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 4' started by roobns, Jul 15, 2016.

1. roobns

roobnsMembers

Jul 15, 2016
    Male
    Hi guys i'm from México, and got my phone stolen. So i'm planning to buy a new cellphone. I'm on a budget so i can either get the moto G4, Lenovo K5 or the Mi4 16gb WCDMA (no lte version :( ).

Is it worth it to get it knowing it's a last year's phone?
    Should i go motorola?

Thank you for your help. Sorry for my bad english.

2. Pertti Kosunen

Sep 2, 2014
    Male
    If price is good and you don't use 4G it's still fine, there are lots of roms to play with. Is it with 3GB memory?

Aliexpress Search Xiaomi Mi4

LTE 2GB versions are quite cheap.

3. Alexiaomi

AlexiaomiMembers

Oct 28, 2014
    Male
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    Hello,

I have a white mi4 3gb, 16 gb wcdma (130 usd). Very good and nice phone. I like it even better dan the mi5, which i sold. Some weeks ago i ordered a black mi4 2gb, 16gb 4G (150 usd). It depends what you are using the phone for, that should make your choice as well. I bought my white mi4 at Everbuying and the black one at Spemall.

Good luck

4. ydd0ras

ydd0rasMembers

Sep 26, 2015
    Male
    Preferably Switzerland
    OK, you have both. I am using a Mi4s since March, but I always wanted a Mi4. So I have purchased the WCDMA version with 3 GB, but unfortunately my wife ripped me off. Now I will buy another one for me and there is a nice occasion, but for the LTE version with 2GB. I am a heavy user, but not a gamer. Which one you recommend me?
    Many thanks!

5. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    Only 2 disadvatages have:
    - no LTE (who cares about that, so You don't care too)
    - no support for windows 10 mobile (i think You don't care for w10m too)
    sooo, go and grab it!
    Best Buy for the bucks... (my recommendation)

Alexiaomi likes this.
  6. Alexiaomi

AlexiaomiMembers

Oct 28, 2014
    Male
    Rotterdam, Netherlands
    I am using the black mi LTE (2gb ram) now. It's fine by me. Cannot use 4G though, my provider use 800 band, not supported by this phone.
    But i agree with Neogeo: who needs 4G (LTE), use Wifi + 3G, should do the work.
    I noticed (obviously) the usage of the 2g ram is often going to 60%, but no problems. Same use as the 3g ram mi4.

So, if you like the white mi4 wcdma 3 gb, 16 gb > go for it. Is cheaper and works very well.

Like Neogeo says: Best buy for the bucks.....................

neogeo likes this.
  7. buzdo

buzdoMembers

Jun 25, 2016
    Male
    I bought a mi4 for my gf and a mi4c for myself and personally I think the mi4c is way better. It's more future-proof cause of the newer chipset, it's lighter, slimmer and nicer to hold. Build quality is good too, the unibody looks nice, and they're practically the same price. Except the battery life is a bit worse with mi4c but that's because lolipop android sux :)
    Performance wise they're on par so if you're a heavy user I don't think you'll be disappointed. Plus no worries with LTE it covers more bands than the mi4.

Just my 2 cents. :p

8. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    It is better but a little bit. Not more.
    But @roobns have no choce.
    From Xiaomi, only Mi 4 WCDMA, and in any case it is a gooood choice at all ;)

P.S. I have ordered Mi 4c for myself from Aliex.... in a black colour but poore version 2GB/16GB.
    Just to compare Mi4 LTE and Mi 4c and i worse will be sold...

VIVIDO XIOAOMI!!!

9. unnilennium

Feb 6, 2014
    ******* Is making a deal with mi4 wcdma 64gb, and i purchase it... It's cheap, i know it's old, but i love it, and it rocks and have a good supporto from xiaomi, and a parte alternative of custom rom to get messed with... I think it's a great deal.

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

jc rey likes this.
  10. jc rey

jc reyMembers

Feb 15, 2016
    Male
    dtc
    dtc
    unless I have a bad experience with 3 mi4 overseas I bought recently from them. Those are the 3/16 wcdma, all are experiencing random reboots. one of them had a screen defect. I noticed all 3 had a samsung battery, which is not the original one (original was sony branded) Hopefully you will get lucky, keep us posted.

11. neogeo

neogeoMembers

Jun 3, 2016
    Male
    IT
    Serbia
    Just Fantacy Store/AliExptess ;)

Sent from my Mi 4 LTE @Tapatalk

12. unnilennium

Feb 6, 2014
    ******* won't send my phone via italy express, i cancel order, i think that i will pay customs, and ******* know it and don't want pay for me... they offer another way of sendin package, but i don't want to risk paying the double tax... paypal alerted

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

13. ydd0ras

ydd0rasMembers

Sep 26, 2015
    Male
    Preferably Switzerland
    Guys, now i have it: Mi4w 64 GB, my dream device. So I left my Mi4s. Thank you for the tips

Share Our Site