Is My Bootloader Unlocked? (miui Global 8.0 Stable (8.0.7.0) Lkxcnma)

matezyu

Members
Dec 22, 2016
Hi guys,

Hope you are all well!

I've just joined the Xiaomi.Eu community and this is my first post.

Last week I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Pro. Phone is really amazing for it's price range and I am really happy with the purchase.

Yesterday I went to the official MIUI page to check/download the latest version of global ROM for this phone and was surprised when saw that this phone doesn't have an official version of global ROM. It has only Chinese ROM.

Currently the MIUI version on my phone is : MIUI Global 8.0 Stable (8.0.7.0) LKXCNMA

I am wondering how is this possible?
Is it a fake ROM provided by the vendor from the UK?

I guess I will not receive official updates for this ROM and I wanted to replace it with an unofficial xiaomi.eu version of ROM.

Now my questions:
- how can I be sure that my bootloader is unlocked and that I will not brick my phone if I install TWRP? (I guess it is unlocked because the fake ROM is already installed? Am I right?)

- should I install the Chinese version of ROM and then install TWRP?

I am not very experienced in flashing/rooting - sorry for asking these questions.

Can someone give me an advice what should I do?

Many thanks!

Reactions: Morvarid
Hi yeah you got a "fake" ROM.

I just went through the process of sorting that out yesterday.

You are very likely to already be unlocked ( after all how can they change the ROM otherwise) but flash the Chinese ROM first to be sure. As whilst on that ROM you can check Dev options to see if bootloader is unlocked.

Aside from that if you get stuck I ran into some problems yesterday so can maybe help.

Thanks Joseph.

So flashing a Chinese ROM will not brick the phone.

Can I just download the last stable Chinese ROM from official site, put it in phone and go to System Update and select the file to be updated?

Or I have to do it via cable?

Thanks

Reactions: lcj2720
Thanks Joseph.

So flashing a Chinese ROM will not brick the phone.

Can I just download the last stable Chinese ROM from official site, put it in phone and go to System Update and select the file to be updated?

Or I have to do it via cable?

Thanks

I have tried to download the official rom and to upload it via phone but it says that rom can't be validated.

Also I think my phone's bootloader is locked because when I press ppwer + volume up it mobile phone apears on the screen with animation to plug in cable.

What should I do?

I have tried to download the official rom and to upload it via phone but it says that rom can't be validated.

Also I think my phone's bootloader is locked because when I press ppwer + volume up it mobile phone apears on the screen with animation to plug in cable.

What should I do?
You must flash in Fastboot mode via adb.

Hi Guys, new to this forum also, but also new to ROM flashing etc. So I'm very interested in your progress matezyu as I have the exact same ROM on the exact same phone as you and although it appears to be working fine I would like to be able to keep up with new changes added to MIUI as i'm so far very impressed. I hope at some point to be able to offer some positive input but currently learning.

Reactions: Morvarid and Dr.MTR
Hi Guys, new to this forum also, but also new to ROM flashing etc. So I'm very interested in your progress matezyu as I have the exact same ROM on the exact same phone as you and although it appears to be working fine I would like to be able to keep up with new changes added to MIUI as i'm so far very impressed. I hope at some point to be able to offer some positive input but currently learning.

I will try to flash the official ROM via adb (probably after Xmas) and will let you know.

I am in the same situation, I have instaled a rom from the seller and I do not know if I can directly install the ROM of xiaomi.eu OR first have to install the official china rom, make unlock to the boatloder and then install the xiaomi.eu ...
It will keep you posted, or someone can answer this?

I am in the same situation, I have instaled a rom from the seller and I do not know if I can directly install the ROM of xiaomi.eu OR first have to install the official china rom, make unlock to the boatloder and then install the xiaomi.eu ...
It will keep you posted, or someone can answer this?

I also have a Redmi Pro that came with such 'fake' ROM.
My bootloader was locked, so I requested Xiaomi to unlock. After unlocking I just went ahead and flashed twrp and from twrp I installed the latest stable ROM from Xiaomi.eu (8.1.2.0)
All is working just fine.

I also have a Redmi Pro that came with such 'fake' ROM.
My bootloader was locked, so I requested Xiaomi to unlock. After unlocking I just went ahead and flashed twrp and from twrp I installed the latest stable ROM from Xiaomi.eu (8.1.2.0)
All is working just fine.
+1 (thanks for that info)

- Unlocked bootloader
- flashed twrp via commandline (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img)
- rebooted into recovery and flashed xiaomi.eu rom there (had to switch from chinese to english first in twrp *g*)

+1 (thanks for that info)

- Unlocked bootloader
- flashed twrp via commandline (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img)
- rebooted into recovery and flashed xiaomi.eu rom there (had to switch from chinese to english first in twrp *g*)

Also I'd like to point that I had to install the Xiaomi.eu ROM from the internal storage. It would not work when I tried from the SD card.

I've got approval from Xiaomi and now when I try to unlock bootloader I am getting error message:

"Current account is different from the acoount info on the device"

I've got approval from Xiaomi and now when I try to unlock bootloader I am getting error message:

"Current account is different from the acoount info on the device"
Probably because your reseller already unlocked the phone to put their " global ROM" on.

Flash the official Chinese ROM via adb mode and check developer options to see if you are unlocked.

If you are flash twrp via adb and install what ever ROM you want after.

Hi guys,

Hope you are all well!

I've just joined the Xiaomi.Eu community and this is my first post.

Last week I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Pro. Phone is really amazing for it's price range and I am really happy with the purchase.

Yesterday I went to the official MIUI page to check/download the latest version of global ROM for this phone and was surprised when saw that this phone doesn't have an official version of global ROM. It has only Chinese ROM.

Currently the MIUI version on my phone is : MIUI Global 8.0 Stable (8.0.7.0) LKXCNMA

I am wondering how is this possible?
Is it a fake ROM provided by the vendor from the UK?

I guess I will not receive official updates for this ROM and I wanted to replace it with an unofficial xiaomi.eu version of ROM.

Now my questions:
- how can I be sure that my bootloader is unlocked and that I will not brick my phone if I install TWRP? (I guess it is unlocked because the fake ROM is already installed? Am I right?)

- should I install the Chinese version of ROM and then install TWRP?

I am not very experienced in flashing/rooting - sorry for asking these questions.

Can someone give me an advice what should I do?

Many thanks!
Good and very frequent questions!!, I think making a tutorial wizard program or a video file to train and guide beginners would be so appreciable !!