Is the OTA based on TWRP?

Exploit

Members
Mar 16, 2019
Is the OTA of xiaomi.eu ROM based on TWRP?
Can I simply upgrade without clearing my data and configuring from the very beginning?
I am using Redmi 6 Pro.
Thank you.

Yes, it is.
Yes, you can simply upgrade without wipe data/format data, when you already are on Xiaomi.eu and your version isn't another Android base.
Sometimes a second system restart and an extra wipe of cache and dalvik cache in TWRP is needed after updating to resolve some lagging.
A backup with TWRP is always recommended before flashing.

Reactions: Exploit
Yes, it is.
Yes, you can simply upgrade without wipe data/format data, when you already are on Xiaomi.eu and your version isn't another Android base.
Sometimes a second system restart and an extra wipe of cache and dalvik cache in TWRP is needed after updating to resolve some lagging.
A backup with TWRP is always recommended before flashing.

Thank you for response.
Is it equivalent to update through OTA and to directly flash the new ROM in TWRP (without any wiping)?

cant I just click the download button? It was tough work for me to get it installed yesterday on my 10 pro. Is there an update tutorial for advanced dummies ?

View attachment 29965cant I just click the download button? It was tough work for me to get it installed yesterday on my 10 pro. Is there an update tutorial for advanced dummies ?
Hello,
Yes you can simply download then install it via system updater. Your phone will boot to TWRP and start the ROM update process. ;)

This is why I ask. The system updater is frozen, if we talk about the bottom link in my picture above.

This is why I ask. The system updater is frozen, if we talk about the bottom link in my picture above.
If you can't download, that generally means this update is not available (= currently uploaded in download mirrors -or- update has been deleted because of issues...).
You can also try to clear all app data of the "Updater" app in phone's settings (Apps management).
;)