Is there a full mod list for the ROM that is provided by Xiaomi.eu? and spyware paranoid.

mv33rs

Members
Oct 7, 2021
Dear all,

I am in the process of buying a xiaomi phone, currently I found a mi 10t pro but may change it for a mi 10 pro. (any advise for which one to choose is welcome!)

However I am really being made paranoid by all the 'chinese' phones having spyware. I searched around and found answers that this 'custom' rom removes most 'spyware/analytics', is this indeed true? I mean I'm sure google, samsung and others also include forms of spyware but since they are not 'chinese' we don't read articles about it...

I read the xiaomi privacy agreement, do they mean the MIUI is collecting data or only their apps like MI web browser etc?

Is there a full feature list with all mods included and perhaps also things excluded like the 'xiaomi spyware'?

Thanks for your time!

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Seriously? You expect a full list? Want us to email you the patches I wrote too? Come on, get a beer, chill.

Reactions: JiaiJ

slowrix

Members
Oct 6, 2021
Seriously? You expect a full list? Want us to email you the patches I wrote too? Come on, get a beer, chill.
hello i wanna to change the rom to xiaomi eu stable 12.5.4 for poco x3 pro and i have question if im gonna lose safetynet or nah?

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
hello i wanna to change the rom to xiaomi eu stable 12.5.4 for poco x3 pro and i have question if im gonna lose safetynet or nah?
From what I know as of now, with Google's latest changes, you'll have SafetyNet but you won't be able to use OK Google / Voice Match while your screen is off, which isn't a high price to pay at all.

slowrix

Members
Oct 6, 2021
From what I know as of now, with Google's latest changes, you'll have SafetyNet but you won't be able to use OK Google / Voice Match while your screen is off, which isn't a high price to pay at all.
so overall its worth to change the rom to xiaomi eu right? there is not too much disadvantages?