Issue with official Chinese miui 2.9.7 or possibly earlier as well

momaru

Members
Jul 15, 2012
Have a strange issue, that I have sort of resolved, but like to know what is the cause.
I attempted to flash Marmite 4.5 kernel to the official Chinese MIUI 2.9.7.
After the flash, the ROM will stall at boot.

I flashed miuiandroid 2.9.7 and marmite 4.5, and it works great.

I seen the question about the difference with miuiandroid and official miui asked many times on this forum already.

Would like to know if there is anything else, other than the english translation and removal of Chinese apps, that might be different and be the cause of the issue.

China roms (for Nexus S as you own this device) are odexed and not busyboxed so It might be the peoblem flashing marmite.

Bedalus made his kernel for all custom roms and it works very good with miuiandroid builds.

Sent from my MIUI Nexus S Jelly Bean

Reactions: momaru
China roms (for Nexus S as you own this device) are odexed and not busyboxed so It might be the peoblem flashing marmite.

Bedalus made his kernel for all custom roms and it works very good with miuiandroid builds.

Oh, just realized I forgot to state what device I have. Yes it's a Nexus S 9020t. Did you see my post on XDA?

Thanks for the information. I'm slowly learning from all this. :)

No I didn't see any post. I too have Nexus S i9023 and use marmite kernel, and Bedalus is doing marmite only for NS ;-)