Issues with updating

Xiaonab

Members
Oct 6, 2016
Ever since a few versions ago (weekly) whenever I update I get heavy lag and swipes can take up to 20 seconds to register, takes 5-10 minutes to even enter screen lock password Dalvik/cache wipes don't seem to do anything and every boot takes like 4-5 minutes instead of the usual 30 seconds or so.. when I nandroid back to weekly 10.3 9.3.7 everything is fine. The only thing I haven't tried yet is reformating the thing, but I'd like to avoid it if possible, as otherwise the phone is working fine.

XiCO FiR3

Members
Jan 13, 2018
Do you have Magisk installed. I usually have the same problem that you discribed, rebooting to TWRP and clearing the cache solves the problem. It's night and day. Some times I need to repeat this processes twice.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Xiaonab

Xiaonab

Members
Oct 6, 2016
Thank you! I am indeed using magisk and usually this step wasn't needed, but now it made all the difference. Works perfectly now.

Edit: Only works as long as you don't wipe cache/dalvik, then you have to go through this again.. restore clean boot, boot rootless, flash magisk again.. I wonder what's causing it, didn't have it on older versions.

Last edited: