It Is Necessary To Make Hard Reset After Upgrading Android?

freekarol

Members
Apr 29, 2018
I bought Mi A1, two updates came after a few hours, the last one upgraded Android from 7.1 to 8. I did not have enough time to try everything before upgrading, but now I find that I have a problem with notifications for new messages (sound or LED diode). Tapatalk: no sound or led notifications. Gmail or Google Calendar: sound/let notifications are sometimes delayed, sometimes I don't get any.

Another thing is automatic backup to Google. Just photo backup works. Other items show me a message that they are waiting for backup ...

I've been recommended to do a hard reset. So does it mean that after each upgrade, is it better to do a hard reset (factory setting)?

iamme729

Members
Nov 22, 2015
I bought Mi A1, two updates came after a few hours, the last one upgraded Android from 7.1 to 8. I did not have enough time to try everything before upgrading, but now I find that I have a problem with notifications for new messages (sound or LED diode). Tapatalk: no sound or led notifications. Gmail or Google Calendar: sound/let notifications are sometimes delayed, sometimes I don't get any.

Another thing is automatic backup to Google. Just photo backup works. Other items show me a message that they are waiting for backup ...

I've been recommended to do a hard reset. So does it mean that after each upgrade, is it better to do a hard reset (factory setting)?
My MiA1 updated just as yours did now on Oreo 8.0.0....Everything is backing up ok ....but there is no way to change notification sounds of individual apps (they all use the system notification sound) except for apps that have the option built in... Also there's no option to change LED notification colors (I haven't found it in settings) only white...Other than those two troubles everything seems to be working flawlessly without doing a Factory Reset...Now I am wondering if maybe I should preform a Reset ? I think I will wait for the next Update.....;)

Last edited:

freekarol

Members
Apr 29, 2018
Mi A1 doesn't have MIUI and that's why you can't change a color of LED notification colors. Maybe some Apps from Google Play could help...

Notification sounds can be changed. Visit this website:dreamtodeff.com/how-to-set-custom-notification-tone-android-a1-smartphones/

I must try hard reset, maybe this will fixed all my problems. But I want to root this phone anyway. :)

Reactions: iamme729

iamme729

Members
Nov 22, 2015
Mi A1 doesn't have MIUI and that's why you can't change a color of LED notification colors. Maybe some Apps from Google Play could help...

Notification sounds can be changed. Visit this website:dreamtodeff.com/how-to-set-custom-notification-tone-android-a1-smartphones/

I must try hard reset, maybe this will fixed all my problems. But I want to root this phone anyway. :)
Thanks for the reply....What I am trying to do is set notification sounds for individual apps...for instance Instagram, WhatsApp, Outlook, Tapatalk Twitter and so on...In some apps like WhatsApp there is an option to select the notification sound, in other apps there are no options for that...I am unable to find a way to select notification sounds for those apps without the option using the system settings/sounds or settings/apps & notifications...

Stefano131270

Members
Oct 4, 2015

LED is not RGB
Only white color