It Took Me A Long Time To Figure Out What The Roms Download Area Does

Tiltowait

Members
Oct 10, 2013
Sure, you're supposed to download the ROM. But what does it do, exactly? Why is this site here? It's not really explained anywhere. I found a stickied thread on this forum "How is this different than miui.com?" but that was written back in 2012 and hasn't been updated. It seems the main benefit to using the new ROM is improved translation, which is something that I haven't really noticed a problem with.

I've tried looking all over this site and it seems designed for people who are already experts and know what they want. I was about to post this when I saw the stickied thread, and it really didn't state a compelling case for using the new ROM.

Yy have you actually... used xiaomi.eu roms and compared with MIUI.com roms? Because... well there's... slightly difference.

Wysłano z MI Note

Reactions: crazyhorsea29
No, I haven't, because there's not a good explanation of the differences. Read the thread, the advantages 1 - 13. None of them is particularly compelling. Reason #1 is the poor English, which may have been a problem in 2012 but I haven't noticed any problem in 2015.

To you, the advantages are obvious, because you use it all the time and know already. But how are the rest of us supposed to know?

No, I haven't, because there's not a good explanation of the differences. Read the thread, the advantages 1 - 13. None of them is particularly compelling. Reason #1 is the poor English, which may have been a problem in 2012 but I haven't noticed any problem in 2015.

To you, the advantages are obvious, because you use it all the time and know already. But how are the rest of us supposed to know?

How about you try and see for yourself?
I am not gonna tell you that Xiaomi.EU rom is better for you than MIUI Chinese Rom or MIUI Global Rom.
You simply try and see what suits for you.
You know that all are Miui rom but in very very global terms:
Miui China Developer - Miui for China users with MiMarket and other chinese apps
Miui Global Developer - Miui for Global users with playstore incorporated
Miui Xiaomi.Eu - Like Miui Global Developer, I think, but with goodies from the devs from Xiaomi

Try the roms and choose the what you liked best.
To be fair you should compare all rom versions equally like 5.8.6 China, 5.8.6 Global and 5.8.6 Xiaomi

Regards

Reactions: crazyhorsea29
It's a lot of work to try for myself. I might like it, but I'd really like to see what I'm getting before I try. Even if I do try it, how am I going to know what the new features are? I could go for months and never discover them, that's definitely happened to me before when I used to mod my old HTC Desire.

It's a lot of work to try for myself. I might like it, but I'd really like to see what I'm getting before I try. Even if I do try it, how am I going to know what the new features are? I could go for months and never discover them, that's definitely happened to me before when I used to mod my old HTC Desire.

So pick one and if you like it, stay on that one...
I think you can remove the China version from the list, if you don't want the China Apps.
So the main are Global from MIUI and Miui Xiaomi.EU...
Choose one and try...
If you like it, stay on that, if you don't move to another...
I have a Nexus 5, so I don't have the Global Developer Rom to see the main differences between Xiaomi and that...

What I'm trying to say is that me and a lot of other people won't try unless we know what we're getting before we try. That's the real issue here.

Sure, you're supposed to download the ROM. But what does it do, exactly? Why is this site here? It's not really explained anywhere. I found a stickied thread on this forum "How is this different than miui.com?" but that was written back in 2012 and hasn't been updated. It seems the main benefit to using the new ROM is improved translation, which is something that I haven't really noticed a problem with.

I've tried looking all over this site and it seems designed for people who are already experts and know what they want. I was about to post this when I saw the stickied thread, and it really didn't state a compelling case for using the new ROM.
Default icons are definitely better than global miui rom. For that one reason, i love this xiaomi.eu rom.

Sent from my 2014811 using Tapatalk

Before decided to install Xiaomi.EU ROM, I always use MIUI Polska weekly releases ROM.

To be honest, I cannot spot any differences between them, everything just felt the same.

Perhaps it would be better if somebody care to explain what is the main differences between EU ROM, Polska and the standard China MIUI.com ROM beside improved English translation and Playstore icons.