Junior Poco/Mi/Redmi

Would you buy a phone that is compact enough to be operable with one-hand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5prime

Members
Sep 13, 2018
Is there absolutely no demand for a compact phone that can easily be used in one hand? Width under 69mm and height under 139mm. No notch. No curved screen edges, nor rounded screen corners. Close to a Redmi 4, but with the screen pushed the maximum technically possible to the edges (without a notch). Surely, a 5-5.2 inch screen can be fit within this footprint? There is no such phone anymore. Flagship, mid-range or budget. The Poco is revolutionary with how it cuts out the nonsense and provides the essentials. Especially its plastic back. But, it's not a one-handed phone, and a notch is a solution to a problem nobody ever had and as you can see is already creating problems with notification display. The Redmi 6 Pro comes close. But it has a notch, curved screen corners and is a few mm taller to reach the upper corners with one hand. I would urge Xiaomi to introduce something under the Redmi/Mi/Poco umbrella within said dimensions, flaghsip or otherwise with the usual good battery life, without any notches or curved screen corners. Call it the Junior or some such amicable name. Preferably with less premium, more durable back like the Poco. With all the mega, notched phones around, surely the choice of a compact phone wouldn't hurt. Anybody else here would like a comfortable, minimal bezel, one-handed phone without a notch?

Reactions: ipolit
I believe LG Q6 and Q7 are the only devices in the world with good dimensions. Unfortunately they are too expensive and with not so good specs. I don't count Sony XZ2 compact and galaxy S8/S9, unless you are very rich.
Maybe Meizu 15/15 lite are acceptable too, but for me 72 mm width is too much.
I had some expectations for Redmi 6, but it is big too. Now I am waiting for Meizu v8, but from the specs it looks big too

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I had posted a link to Xiaomis new crowd-funded Xiao AI feature phone, intending to discuss the possibility of separating the touch screen from the rest of the smart phone to have a smaller handier phone thingy to actually hold in your hand.

It seems to be intended to be used as a all-around voice controller, having everything a smart phone has except the big screen.

But that was deleted as being "spam", so you'll have to go search for it if you want to see it