Just Want To Confirm Some Stuff Before I Screw Up.

andrebce

Members
Apr 9, 2016
Hi, so my first android phone was a redmi note 2. My mom's phone got stolen, so I gave her mine and bought myself a note 3.

My previous phone had come with EU miui ( not sure how its called).

This one, im told is the chineses UI. Even though the phone is in english, the theme store is all in Chinese. The contact font is huge, even though I set it to small in the settings, and the icon font also seems a bit bigger.

I am on stable 7.1.888.0 .

I was told to upgrade to 7.2 .

I remember setting up twrp for updating my previous phone, so my question is:

Do I just need to install twrp ( through command line I guess, because my phone isn't rooted) and then the EU ROM corresponding to my phone? (If anyone would be kind enough to link me a version, that would be great - mine is the normal redmi note 3 - not Pro).

I'm not experienced at all with android, but I'm computer savvy, (and can follow guides ;) )

Anyway, sorry if this has been asked a bunch, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with information here.

Hi,

I have already placed the request a few days ago.

When i boot with Vol Down and power, i do get a fastboot screen with a bunny in a snow hat. Does this mean my bootloader is unlocked?

Thank you so much. Ill read up those links.

I managed to install twrp and update fine on the Note 2, but wasn't sure if this was in any way different, with all the mentioning of the locked bootloaders, and didn't want to screw it up.

Reactions: iamme729
thank you, but mine is the MTK one. I think my bootloader is actually locked. I'm reading that lik better. also checking the one titled Flashtool rom xiaomi.eu (can't post links with under 10 posts)

Well, thank you so much, i found a similar guite with a file Stable Rom7.2.3 xiaomi.eu/JamFlux , also using SPLoader. It seems i am stuck without TWRP until i get my unlock code, but for now, i managed to get a xiaomi.eu rom file onto my phone. No more ginormous contact names.

Thank you so much, not only did i manage to get the rom i wanted, but i also learned quite a bit on the process