K20 Pro Call recording bad quality

Salim Diker

Members
Aug 15, 2018
K20 Pro Call recording quality is really bad. There is no settings for that, 1 minute duration recording have 60kb file size, which is too low for voice records.
Please check the sample record

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Miui version : 11.0.5.0 QFKCNXM (Stable)
Thanks for your efforts

Reactions: PilotX
K20 Pro Call recording quality is really bad. There is no settings for that, 1 minute duration recording have 60kb file size, which is too low for voice records.

Thanks for your efforts
I am not sure if this is related but what are the options you have in the Recorder app ?
I have Recording format set to MP3 and Recording quality set to High. The voices still have some kind of metallic resonance.

I have turned on automatic call recording. MP3 format, medium quality.
But recorded calls are blank, nothing in it when I play.
It was working just as soon as I flashed 11.0.5.0.QFKCNXM Stable version, but then stopped for some reason. Anybody who can help?

I am not sure if this is related but what are the options you have in the Recorder app ?
I have Recording format set to MP3 and Recording quality set to High. The voices still have some kind of metallic resonance.
The recorder app.settings are only have effect in recording environment not call recording.
Call recording possibly working under dialer app. and there is no call recording quality setting visible that we can change.

Reactions: saudinboy
I understand. I did figure out that the two are not connected. I have noticed, when I clean install a ROM it works, then when I restore my data from Xiaomi Cloud, call recording gets broken. I am suspecting it is one of the settings that is the culprit. I am waiting to do a clean install and not restore settings from cloud or local backup and test. Will update you.

Reactions: Salim Diker

Thanks for your efforts
Hi, i have MIUI 11 V11.0.8.0 QFKCNXM (Stable) and still same problem continues. Could you find any solution?
Thanks.