Members
Jul 24, 2020
Hi. I have the following issues and wish someone can shine me some light

1) Got a brand new K30 5G phone
2) Enable OEM unlock, enable developer mode and bind to Mi Account
3) Boot to fastboot mode and apply for unlock via MiFlash Unlock Tool
4) Wait for 7 days
5) Boot to fastboot mode and unlock via MiFlash Unlock Tool
6) Reboot into Android, enter Mi Account password, enable developer mode, insert SIM card as it is required to enable USB debugging mode.
7) Push the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK305G_V12.0.2.0.QGICNXM_v12-10.zip into internal storage
8) Reboot to fastboot mode
9) `fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.1B-0317-REDMI_K30_5G-CN-wzsx150.img`
10) `fastboot reboot recovery`
11) Bootloop :(
12) Boot into fastboot mode again
13) `fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-0623-REDMI_K30_5G-CN-wzsx150.img`
14) `fastboot flash misc misc.bin`
15) `fastboot reboot recovery`
16) Take out SIM card, still bootloop :(

Now I cannot boot into android or recovery. I am thinking to try `fastboot format` but I would seek some advices to avoid hard-brick it.

17) Flash xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK305G_V11.0.9.0.QGICNXM_v11-10-Fastboot.zip under fastboot -> android revived
18) Flash TWRP-3.4.0B-0209-REDMI_K30_5G-CN-wzsx150-fastboot.7z under fastboot -> Recovery revived but got white screen after reboot, but adb shows that it is in recovery
19) Flash xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK305G_20.7.9_v12-10.zip via fastboot, cache cleared -> bootloop
20) Flash xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK305G_V12.0.2.0.QGICNXM_v12-10.zip via twrp, cache cleared -> android revived

Only issue: in Google play, pending download forever for new apps but update existing apps work, clear cache occasionally solve the problem

That's the wrong step, custom recovery can't be boot by this command, use the button combination instead.

That's the wrong step, custom recovery can't be boot by this command, use the button combination instead.
Thanks for your input. I did try vol up+power at that time but does not work either.

Last edited:
I flashed quite many phones successfully in the past but this is the first phone to make me scratching my head. Lucky I still didn't hard-brick it and able to continue my successful record. :p I will have another K30 5G pass the 7 days waiting period for unlocking tonight and see if I am still lucky

7) Push the xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK305G_V12.0.2.0.QGICNXM_v12-10.zip into internal storage
this is useless, you need format all data after install recovery and need to copy the zip again.

8) Reboot to fastboot mode
This also should use the button combination instead of: "ADB reboot fastboot" command, due to if you use that command on redmi 5g you will get the the fastbootd screen (with the text in yellow) instead the fastboot screen (with the usual color).

Here is what I done this time for another new phone
1) Run Mi Unlock Tool and unlock the bootloader
2) Hold Vol Down+Power and boot into fastboot, then flash twrp 3.4.2
fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-0623-REDMI_K30_5G-CN-wzsx150.img
fastboot reboot

3) Bootloop :(
4) Boot into fastboot, then flash twrp 3.4.0

fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.0B-0209-REDMI_K30_5G-CN-wzsx150.img
fastboot flash misc misc.bin
fastboot reboot

5) It boots into recovery automatically
6) adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK305G_V12.0.2.0.QGICNXM_v12-10.zip /sdcard/
7) flash the rom in twrp
8) reboot into fastboot, flash twrp 3.4.2 again, reboot, everything works.

1) Run Mi Unlock Tool and unlock the bootloader
2) Hold Vol Down+Power and boot into fastboot, then flash twrp 3.4.2
fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.2B-0623-REDMI_K30_5G-CN-wzsx150.img

After this, you should hold power button to turn off the phone, while it boot up, hold vol+ to enter TWRP.

In TWRP, format data (type yes to confirm), choose reboot --> reboot recovery.

Copy zip rom to phone by using TWRP MTP support.

Flash rom.

When I had a k20 pro, I had only installed twrp 3.3.1 and was able to install xiaomi.eu normally, I never installed these safety and much less magisk, why do you install this? I just bought a poco f2, I would like to know if it is EXTREMELY necessary to install this safaty and magisk. Can I install xiaomi.eu using only twrp 3.4.1? Thank you

What if I cant copy the zip in to the phone, the process in my pc just crashes while pasting and the phone does not have any usual folder on the root, only folders with a lot of numbers, bootloop to the twrp

What if I cant copy the zip in to the phone, the process in my pc just crashes while pasting and the phone does not have any usual folder on the root, only folders with a lot of numbers, bootloop to the twrp
Once in TWRP and successfull formated Data you have to boot again into TWRP! Only then you can see your Phone on PC !!