K30 Pro 5G Same Firmware then Poco F2 Pro

wolfplayer

Members
Mar 14, 2020
Can i flash on Poco F2 Pro Codename Imi the same Firmware from the K30 Pro Imi ? I think yes is this right?
So now i have to wait 7 days to unlock bootloader

Thank You

Reactions: damia
Yes, if same codename = you can install the ROM. ;)
But do the redmi k30 pro and the poco f2 pro have the same code name? How can I verify it? I want to buy the poco f2 pro but I don't want to stay with the original firmware, I want to install the eu rom.
How can I be sure that I will be able to install the eu rom on a poco f2 pro before buying it?

But do the redmi k30 pro and the poco f2 pro have the same code name? How can I verify it? I want to buy the poco f2 pro but I don't want to stay with the original firmware, I want to install the eu rom.
How can I be sure that I will be able to install the eu rom on a poco f2 pro before buying it?
It's 100% sure it's the same model but rebranded name => https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/lmi/

EDIT: Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition is "lmipro" not "lmi" codename. Wrong info here => https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/lmi/

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: damia
k30 pro poco f2pro are not in the description of roms?
If there is a rom made, why is it not in the list of roms?

Another question, the recovery, in principle is the same or because it is a Chinese and another glogal does not vary, or if?

sorry

great job

My device model switched to the poco f2 pro which was originally a redmi k30 pro.

strange, i thought the opposite always happened.
Poco f2 pro that got a name change to k30 pro because the xiaomi.eu rom use the chinese rom as base.

strange, i thought the opposite always happened.
Poco f2 pro that got a name change to k30 pro because the xiaomi.eu rom use the chinese rom as base.
It recently changed. ;)
xiaomi.eu ROMs are now using Global device name. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: wamy007
It recently changed. ;)
xiaomi.eu ROMs are now using Global device name. :)
I was just curious because I am planning to get K30 Pro Zoom Edition. Does OIS still works if i flashed xiaomi.eu rom and will it appear as Poco F2 Pro on device model info or will it stay as K30 Pro Zoom Edition?

Reactions: elmonch
I was just curious because I am planning to get K30 Pro Zoom Edition. Does OIS still works if i flashed xiaomi.eu rom and will it appear as Poco F2 Pro on device model info or will it stay as K30 Pro Zoom Edition?
I doubt that K30 pro rom could work properly on K30 pro zoom edition, they have different device codes.

It will stay K30 Pro Zoom Edition because both Redmi K30 Pro/POCO F2 Pro and Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition share the same ROM, device name depends on the actual device you buy.

I doubt that K30 pro rom could work properly on K30 pro zoom edition, they have different device codes.
Wrong. lmi and lmipro share the same ROM. There is no separate ROM for the Zoom Edition.

Oh no, so I could never turn the zoom version to pocophone f2?
No. Zoom Edition is lmipro and POCO F2 Pro is lmi, you can't change that, and you shouldn't even worry about that...

Reactions: Ted presley
Hi.
Because eu is based on the CN variant it will still show as k30 pro zoom.

The zoom doesn't lose any functions, it uses the same lmi rom as k30 pro/Poco f2 pro.

Salve ho un redmi k30 pro zoom edition 8/256 sul quale dopo i permessi ho installato attraverso twrp la rom miui 12 .1 - 20.9.3. beta se lo collego al pc in modalita mtp mi fa vedere 10 volte la memoria interna ripetuta con lo stesso spazio occupato qualcuno mi sa dire cosa è accaduto? e come posso risolvere... se provo ad aggiornare le app mi dice liberare spazio anche se ho ancora 180 gb liberi..... e ancora se voglio installare la stabile xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30Pro_V12.1.2.0.RJKCNXM_v12-11.zip come devo procedere? grazie

Salve ho un redmi k30 pro zoom edition 8/256 sul quale dopo i permessi ho installato attraverso twrp la rom miui 12 .1 - 20.9.3. beta se lo collego al pc in modalita mtp mi fa vedere 10 volte la memoria interna ripetuta con lo stesso spazio occupato qualcuno mi sa dire cosa è accaduto? e come posso risolvere... se provo ad aggiornare le app mi dice liberare spazio anche se ho ancora 180 gb liberi..... e ancora se voglio installare la stabile xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30Pro_V12.1.2.0.RJKCNXM_v12-11.zip come devo procedere? grazie
Only English PLEASE...

Hi I have a redmi k30 pro zoom edition 8/256 on which after the permissions I installed through twrp the rom miui 12 .1 - 20.9.3. beta if I connect it to the pc in mtp mode it makes me see the internal memory repeated 10 times with the same space occupied someone can tell me what happened? and how can I solve ... if I try to update the apps it tells me to free up space even if I still have 180 gb free ..... and again if I want to install the stable xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK30Pro_V12.1.2.0.RJKCNXM_v12-11.zip as do i have to proceed? thank you