Led Manager With 4x

sochansam

Members
May 20, 2017
Has anyone been able to successfully use LED manager apps with the 4X? I've tried multiple managers and they will work during testing but not when there is an actual notification. I'm trying to figure out how to make the led notification work for apps like Instagram which I believe does not natively light it up?

Has anyone been able to successfully use LED manager apps with the 4X?
no, even without a manager MIUI on all other devices allow to set a color to notification events (missed phone call, sms, messages notifications)
but on Redmi4X an hangout message dont trigger the led which is annoying ....

Anyway, the led handler seems to be really broken on 4X, as you can notice there is only white color available through settings despite the fact that all colors are present in hardware( you can do the test)
Now the question is how to fix this ?
- vote on this thread and hope for the devs to fix it ? but the fix may come only for the new version based on android N
- use a workaround with script for setting colors launched through an event manager ?
- hope for a fix directly from xiaomi.eu devs ?

no, even without a manager MIUI on all other devices allow to set a color to notification events (missed phone call, sms, messages notifications)
but on Redmi4X an hangout message dont trigger the led which is annoying ....

Anyway, the led handler seems to be really broken on 4X, as you can notice there is only white color available through settings despite the fact that all colors are present in hardware( you can do the test)
Now the question is how to fix this ?
- vote on this thread and hope for the devs to fix it ? but the fix may come only for the new version based on android N
- use a workaround with script for setting colors launched through an event manager ?
- hope for a fix directly from xiaomi.eu devs ?

It's not broken, it's the dev saying they disabled it because it "saves battery". Ridiculous if you ask me.

anyway if you use the concept of the shell script writing to /sys and tasker it work well, i managed to write a portable app that mimic the original miui settings behavior : 1 color for missed calls, 1 color for SMS/MMS and 1 color for internet notifications (emails, hangouts, ....) including color settings