New Leo_6.3.24: Nosuchmethodexception: Setmobiledataenabled [boolean]

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Mixxalych, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Mixxalych

MixxalychMembers

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Hi guys,

Today I have installed the latest ROM [ xiaomi.eu_multi_leo_6.3.24_v7-5.1 ] to my Mi Note Pro followed by the installation of "Where is My Droid" application from Google Play:

While perfectly working on "legitimate" EU mobiles, it never worked properly on Xiaomi for various resons. In this particular case, I was able to see the probable cause via logcat (please see relevant part attached). It looks like once mobile receives the request to return its location:

Code:
    > I/GCM     ( 5125): GCM message com.alienmanfc6.wheresmyandroid 0:1459283109279756%e9b9e882000190aa

> I/ActivityManager( 1140): Start proc 12381:com.alienmanfc6.wheresmyandroid/u0a80 for broadcast com.alienmanfc6.wheresmyandroid/.receivers.GcmReceiver
    the following exception is thrown:

Code:
    > java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: setMobileDataEnabled [boolean]
    It is my understanding that this happens because the method either does not exist (which I doubt) or not made public .

This can be easily reproduced on a free version of a "Where Is My Droid" app if required.

Please comment.
    Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Mixxalych

Attached Files:

2. Mixxalych

MixxalychMembers

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    UPDATE: Having researched the case a bit more I bumped on the threads 1 and 2 and Google Issue #78084 that suggest that this is working as intended:

Would you guys please confirm that it is indeed the case with leo 6.3.24 ?

3. Mixxalych

MixxalychMembers

Mar 28, 2016
    Male
    Hmmm, this is where it gets interesting - received a reply from their Lead Developer:

I probably should tell him that this is, in fact, a Xiaomi Mi Pro that does have mobile data. Still, is there a chance that the are somehow calling the System API instead of their proprietary one?

SIDE NOTE: Is there any way I could access LEO ROM repositories? Not that I am an awesome programmer, but could give it a look :)

Share Our Site