Local Backup Does Strange Things

Greg Mathews

Members
Apr 6, 2016
I have the installed the leo V7.2.4.0.LXHCNDA v7-5 1 rom on my mi note pro and installed google now launcher. I have set up nightly backups in Settings/Additional Settings/Backup and reset

Last night it ran a backup and when completed the Google now launcher was not running and I had the standard MIUI launcher. I also noticed that my additional email settings in the Gmail app had been deleted (ie imap/pop accounts). I reset the launcher and added just one IMAP account back into gmail app.

I Googled the problem and found an answer that said clear the data from the system loader which I did, I then ran a local backup, I noticed during the back up it was backing up apps that had been uninstalled and other items such as Samsung Billing which I don't have installed obviously. (previous phone was Samsung).

The google now launcher was running but the IMAP account that I had added to the gmail app had been deleted once again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

OK I seem to have resolved the apps issue, although I had not installed the apps and there was no icon for them in the app draw etc, they where listed in settings/installed apps, deleting them from there solved that problem but I still have the problem with IMAP/POP accounts being deleted from the gmail app which appears to be a long going bug http://en.miui.com/thread-132886-1-1.html

ok it appears only partially solved the issue. All of my apps are backed up as they should and google now launcher runs ok but after a scheduled backup is carried out my weather widget for example disappears and I have to add it back to my home screen and still have the problem with gmail app.