Lock Apps Only With Fingerprint

Emidio

Members
Dec 2, 2016
Hi !

I am using fingerprint to block apps, but I would like to just use fingerprint method, but it needs always the pattern layout of unlocking the phone ? why ??? can't I just use the fingerprint ??

I am using Xiaomi Eu 6.12.1, my device is redmi 3s.

Thank you so much!

What do you mean ? It displays the pattern layout but no one forces you to use it, just use the fingerprint scanner.

The thing is that in the settings I can't choose to use the fingerprint scanner without the pattern layout, it forces me to always have another blocking systems (pattern, pin or password) why is that?

Thank you for your feedback @madd0g !!!

Do you mean general phone lock or app lock? I don't understand the issue. Do you otherwise use a phone lock?

You have to think about the fingerprint as only a shortcut for the actual locking mechanism (pattern, pin, password). So you have to set something out of those, then use a fingerprint for faster access. It's the way it's designed.

Regarding App Lock specifically, there's no other mechanism available beside the pattern and this pattern is different then the one used for phone lock. So just set some pattern that you won't forget, choose desired apps and use your added fingerprints after. You can also hide the display of drawing the pattern.

Reactions: Acalanata
Thanks for your feedback mate!
I will try that out today and tell you how it worked ;)
Have a great evening and thanks

Reactions: Acalanata